As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The RG Sazabi has a lot of the industrial warning label type stickers but I just kinda take the ones that make for nice offset trim and leave the rest

Plus the big gold clef symbol that Char uses by that point, gotta keep that

• MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    A hurricane was threatening to hit here (looks like we'll get spared the worst of the wind and rain) so I spent the day building. Just need to decal both.

RG Nu Gundam
    Great looking kit with a super smooth build. I need to grab an action base, as unlike the Sazabi, the Nu can't stand up on it's own. Still an excellent model of one the best Mecha designs of all time.
    uzz1Ns4.jpg

RE/100 Zaku II FZ
    I need more Zeon/bad guy suits in general, and after building the Alex 2.0 I definitely needed to pick this up to get my War in the Pocket on. Build was straight forward, slightly more complex than a HG and great color separation.
    Va2Ul0R.jpg

And a couple shots with their counterparts
    czJljzM.jpg
    xDh9VlW.jpg

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I also need to order an action base or two I think, I want to do flying poses

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Your RG Nu looks like it's doing the "hey sexy" hip bump to the Sazabi.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    If a UC suit has funnels (real ones, not like incoms or wire guided things) its probably got a psychoframe.

How that is integrated in each suit is different though. The Sazabi and Nu gundam had it in small amounts throughout the suit. The Kshatryia, and by extension the Quebeley, had psycho frame just around the cockpit. And of course the Unicorns are just built out of the stuff with armor on top.

I have no idea how it works for Second UC stuff though. I'm not sure it ever gets name dropped in Victory, despite that show being chock full of psychic powers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    turtleant wrote: »
    If a UC suit has funnels (real ones, not like incoms or wire guided things) its probably got a psychoframe.

How that is integrated in each suit is different though. The Sazabi and Nu gundam had it in small amounts throughout the suit. The Kshatryia, and by extension the Quebeley, had psycho frame just around the cockpit. And of course the Unicorns are just built out of the stuff with armor on top.

I have no idea how it works for Second UC stuff though. I'm not sure it ever gets name dropped in Victory, despite that show being chock full of psychic powers.

psychoframe never showed up again post char's counterattack (until unicorn, both in UC timeline & real world show production), and the beginning of narrative basically says they're outlawing it because holy shit it's way out of control. originally it was due to the axis shock at the end of CCA, but then what happens in unicorn and narrative would both be the nail in the coffin on that stuff as it's just way, way out of control when you throw newtypes at it.

they started used non-psychoframe related newtype boosters instead in the F91/Victory era, like bio-computers that also boosted mundane pilots without that pesky singularity stuff, or back to psycommu devices (angel halo) that had less potential side-effects

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I think Narrative introduces some frankly stupid Newtype tech ideas

Not necessarily stupid on their own merits but introducing them knowing they don't have the room to explore
    the ability to alter time

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm not done applying decals, but I really couldn't help myself. :)

For a model I put off for so long, and one that I was really meh on doing because of my fear of the decals, I'm super proud with how this is turning out. I still have some touch-ups to do, notably on the boosters, in terms of panel lining. And again, hundreds of decals. But... damn. I also love this pose and am trying my best to keep it intact after I disassemble for top application and top coating.

8fS6ZJ7h.jpg

3TXdZ2eh.jpg

Vk17L62h.jpg

D2vrNfwh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited August 2020
    I wanted to post progress pics of my not ver.ka Hi Nu too but instead it's been 10 days straight of the weather mocking my desire to paint.

The humidity is so high, moving around outside technically counts as swimming.

edit: also gatdamn the ver.ka made the fuel tanks bigger.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    I had clear skies and sun for a couple hours, finally decided the fog wasn't trying to bait me and went out and started setting up to top coat, and the fog rolls in right as I'm getting the last bit of the RG Strike in an alligator clip

BahamutZERO.gif
    At this point I'm honestly considering going out with a headlamp and doing it at like 1am

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited August 2020
    that wouldn't help me, it's even more humid at night lol
    get enough fog-based microdroplets landing on the roof the downspouts have audible water running down them

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    couple of shots I took with the RG Sazabi earlier today, will experiment with some other poses tonight:

https://imgur.com/a/ufvjOu3

I need to find a way to boost him up more into the center of the ring in the second photo

edited August 2020
    oh man the light ring really adds some sizzle to that second shot
    all those sexy highlights

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Over in AZ it was nice and cloudy so it was only like 105 degrees so I got to top coat Buster Tortoise and Gojulas Cannons.

7sljnuf0r8j9.jpg

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Behold! My newly completed and very cool gunpla, the Kämpfer Amazing!

guXz2Dk.jpg

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Can you really blame them?
    Given a giant robot with a humanoid hand, that'd easily be in my top 5 things to do with it.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That's a fairly standard test of articulation on all my models. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

So... Yeah. RG Sinanju's reputation as a grenade is, I think, somewhat justified. Once he's all assembled, every joint feels weak. Really difficult to pose, the backpack just throws it all off. That said, the only parts to straight up fall off my one are the red knee pieces - those have a silly weak connection.

That said, it looks amazing! The beam axe effect parts in the shield look super cool. If only I could pose it. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Stopping for the night, but the LED looks awesome so I snapped a quick picture.
    FDZP3Dd.jpg?1

Midnite on
    Put the Zoid kits all together. First up is the Buster Tortoise.

8fpn0xjyaxis.jpg

The lighting in this room sucks and didn't do him any favors I need to get a circle lamp. But what is that behind him?

io9vcrz3m3c9.jpg

Some really big fucking guns!

gp2cecb5zhrx.jpg

Here is a close up of the rockets.

gw8ylm4wc0ud.jpg

And they look good from behind too.

bopvwmq4gdrd.jpg

And here is the shock cannon and the detachable ammo cartridge.

steam_sig.png
    Nice paint job.

more Sazabi

https://imgur.com/a/e32RxcD

I hate to totally bite Colvinology's style but that ring light looks so good (and I don't have a lot of great lighting otherwise in my apartment)

the ring light really does make shiny curvy robots look amazing

BahamutZERO.gif
    TNTrooper wrote: »

8fpn0xjyaxis.jpg

The lighting in this room sucks and didn't do him any favors I need to get a circle lamp. But what is that behind him?

io9vcrz3m3c9.jpg

gp2cecb5zhrx.jpg

gw8ylm4wc0ud.jpg

bopvwmq4gdrd.jpg

Put gun on turtle!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    God I love the hydraulic pistons on the Barbatos! What a cool thing.

vxu1gnqkbyrv.png

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    TNTrooper wrote: »

8fpn0xjyaxis.jpg

io9vcrz3m3c9.jpg

gp2cecb5zhrx.jpg

gw8ylm4wc0ud.jpg

bopvwmq4gdrd.jpg

Put gun on turtle!

Unfortunately the hard points for the Turtle Cannon are to small for the Gojulas Cannon pegs and the adaptors that came with it are for going over pegs not squeezing into small holes.

steam_sig.png
    humidity low! gonna try this top coat thing finally

BahamutZERO.gif
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Finished up the original series Mobile Suit Gundam. Thinking I may try doing one suit for each major series I watch through.
    Ordered one of the HG Beyond RX-78-2. Still an HG, but also it sounds like it has about three times as many runners as the first one I did, so we'll see how it goes.

akajaybay on
    humidity low! gonna try this top coat thing finally

ok did it, now to let it dry and see how I screwed up.

BahamutZERO.gif
    The Beyond Global RX-78 and the G40 are both marketed as the culmination of 40 years of developing these builds so I'm interested to see what that means for each of them

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They both pulls some crazy shit

Im honestly wondering if the builds have gotten to advanced because I dont see how you could kitbash them

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I should get the Beyond to see how it compares to the G40. It's not like my backlog is that big.

steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah I kind of want the Beyond as well. I've built the Revive, G40, EX Standard, and MG 3.0. What's one more RX-78-2?

Whoops a Beyond RX-78 has mysteriously appeared in my house

Here's a comparison of the various HG RX-78-2's available at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKIxbAAyruo

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Strange to me that anyone would say the G40 Gundam "doesn't show any functional or realistic aspects".

Assuming I even understand what that's supposed to mean, I would argue the opposite. It's designed with function and realism in mind. It is the definition of function and realism in a HG.

Of course later in the video he says the Base Gundam "is technically a RX-78-2" and "technically isn't a RX-78-2" in the same breath so whatever.

Nice to see them all compared. Especially nice to see the chevron on the waist of the Beyond uses red and yellow plastic pieces instead of a sticker. That's how it should be done.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    mechagaikotsu is kind of a dumbass, is the thing

also the beyond gundam has a few cool tricks (like that side skirt articulation is so good, please adopt that in more kits) but the proportions are fuckin wack

uc3ufTB.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Whoops a Beyond RX-78 has mysteriously appeared in my house
    Did you get mine? Mine seems lost in the mail system currently.

This discussion has been closed.