As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    NES shipping confirmation already \o/

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    That's horrific.

Also guys, what do you think is a better buy. Wait for the AT-AT and save up some extra for the UCS Republic Gunship, or buy the NES?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    That's horrific.

Also guys, what do you think is a better buy. Wait for the AT-AT and save up some extra for the UCS Republic Gunship, or buy the NES?

I would say which ever is more your jam. I think the NES will be around for a while. Although we still haven't had rumors when the AT-AT or Gunship will be launching... So maybe the NES since it is out?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Found a super mario starter at Barnes and Noble... Last one they had. So naturally I went and got the super mushroom polybag from target, and a few blind bags.

I hope they can keep up the supply of starters.

Edit: Not bad. 4 blind bags, and only 1 duplicate. It's a bob-omb. The others were Eep Cheep and Bullet Bill.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My Mario set shipped but the Mandalorian ship has not yet. Strange. It had the same release date as the Brickhead Baby Yoda and I have that already.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

My Mario set shipped but the Mandalorian ship has not yet. Strange. It had the same release date as the Brickhead Baby Yoda and I have that already.

The Razor Crest is set to release September 1, 2020.

So I started my UCS Millennium Falcon this weekend. Now I knew this one is huge from seeing it in the Lego Store when I bought it, but MAN is it HUGE!!! Not sure how many days it will take me but I'm only doing it in a few hour chunks.

Day one (afternoon).

I only did one step since I had a few hours before dinner. Normally I would call it bag 1, but man there were like 4 or 5 bags for this "bag". The box is awesome and a really nice touch. There is a tray with the spiral bound instructions, under that is the four boxes with different bags in them. Each white box has a quote about the Falcon. This was only the support frame for the Falcon. I actually hated parts of this since you had to stick two thin pieces together and after a while it really hurt.

Falcon_Step_01.jpg

Day two (most of the daylight).

I cranked out step 2 which was about 3 bags I think? Maybe 4... But this was a nice and easy repetitive one making six of the landing gears. So pull out six sets and built them in a hour before lunch. Then after lunch I dived into step 3. I had no idea what I was getting myself into since I didn't check out the preview picture. This step actually had you build the first two "filler" parts of the Falcon where one side has the gun that drops down to shoot at Snowtroopers and the famous Dejarik room of course. This one was slightly annoying since you had to build the quadrant then push it up from below to pin in. I did like the little details they gave (the training helmet Luke used for his Lightsaber training, computer console and the sticker for the hallway). At the same time I hated building the two little sections for detailing. These things sucked since you had to build them separately then gently place them on the frame. I accidentally popped parts off when attaching the first one, but managed to get them right on the second side. These two parts I am talking about are above the back landing gear sets. All in all so far this is a really fun build. The OCD part of me almost died on the detail parts since you have to eyeball them.
    Falcon_Step_02.jpg

Falcon_Step_02_01.jpg

Falcon_Step_03.jpg

Not sure how long this will take, but I think I'm going to take my time and only work on it when I have a few hours.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Mine is still in warehouse, but I also didn't get it ordered until late Saturday. I assume it'll ship soon.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited August 2020

Mine is still in warehouse, but I also didn't get it ordered until late Saturday. I assume it'll ship soon.
    Betsuni wrote: »

The Razor Crest is set to release September 1, 2020.

So I started my UCS Millennium Falcon this weekend. Now I knew this one is huge from seeing it in the Lego Store when I bought it, but MAN is it HUGE!!! Not sure how many days it will take me but I'm only doing it in a few hour chunks.

<snip>

Not sure how long this will take, but I think I'm going to take my time and only work on it when I have a few hours.

My UCS Star Destroyer took me a couple of weeks, working an hour or two a day. Not sure how the Falcon compares in size. The Star Destroyer was definitely a project.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    GnomeTank wrote: »

<snip>

My UCS Star Destroyer took me a couple of weeks, working an hour or two a day. Not sure how the Falcon compares in size. The Star Destroyer was definitely a project.

Nice! I wanted to get the Star Destroyer but just don't have the space to display it. Well at least a place that it won't drop on someone's head. So maybe at this rate I might be done by the end of August.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    My Grand Piano order is surprisingly "In Warehouse". So either someone cancelled an order or they were able to restock faster than expected.

I am incredibly excited.

GnomeTank wrote: »

<snip>

Nice! I wanted to get the Star Destroyer but just don't have the space to display it. Well at least a place that it won't drop on someone's head. So maybe at this rate I might be done by the end of August.

Mine sits on top of a book case with these jokers
    tmTHiCS.jpg

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I really want the NES but it's out of stock right now. Took too long to decide. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm slowly saving up for this fan build Moderately Sized ISD. It's about $1500 worth of parts, 15000+ pieces and comes in at about 37" long.

1000x800p.jpg?1594649267.59659

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    Speaking of the UCS Falcon, I’m just under 10hours into the build myself and just got done with the bags marked 7 (bag numbers go to 17). I’m thinking 25h is how long its going to take to get done.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I really want the NES but it's out of stock right now. Took too long to decide. :(

I'm hoping they realize how many people want them and do a bunch of runs of it.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I'm hoping they realize how many people want them and do a bunch of runs of it.

Oh I'm sure they will. Surprised how long the first batch was up for. The one thing that Lego is good with is making kits available for everyone who is willing to wait for another batch to come out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    By the way, if you want baseplates in unofficial colors (like black), I got some of these and they're decent:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRSHTPC/

BOROLA Classic Building Base Block Plate

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Feral wrote: »
    By the way, if you want baseplates in unofficial colors (like black), I got some of these and they're decent:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRSHTPC/

BOROLA Classic Building Base Block Plate

Omg pink and purple.

Apologize to my wallet Feral

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I'm still a big fan of my midi-scale destroyer. Perfectly sized for my home, and still looks great on a shelf.
    mhi5s7psl8q6.png

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I'm still a big fan of my midi-scale destroyer. Perfectly sized for my home, and still looks great on a shelf.
    mhi5s7psl8q6.png

I'm still sad they only did the ISD and Millennium Falcon sets in that scale.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I have decided that I want all of my lego instructions given from now until the future to be delivered using similar app tech to what Lego Super Mario uses. It is SO helpful and amazing and quick and... yes, I want it.

In fact if I could get that style for all of my back catalog of lego kits, I wouldn't hesitate to toss the copious manuals I have.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I have decided that I want all of my lego instructions given from now until the future to be delivered using similar app tech to what Lego Super Mario uses. It is SO helpful and amazing and quick and... yes, I want it.

In fact if I could get that style for all of my back catalog of lego kits, I wouldn't hesitate to toss the copious manuals I have.

I was indifferent until I realized you could rotate the picture.

I totally was going skip the Mario stuff, since it seemed so expensive. But then I bought a couple blind bags, and my daughter loved them, so now we have Mario. Next weekend I'm taking her to the nearest Lego store to pick up some more, since I have some points built up.

Athenor wrote: »

I was indifferent until I realized you could rotate the picture.

I totally was going skip the Mario stuff, since it seemed so expensive. But then I bought a couple blind bags, and my daughter loved them, so now we have Mario. Next weekend I'm taking her to the nearest Lego store to pick up some more, since I have some points built up.

Rotate, zoom, bring in the parts list, all sorts of stuff. :) I wish it was more obvious what Cat Mario did.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want all the Mario stuff mainly for all the brick built figures.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I want all the Mario stuff mainly for all the brick built figures.

Yeeeaaah. I can tell I have a problem. :) But hey, Yoshi and Dry Bones look like brothers!

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Is there any benefit to keeping the manuals? Do people buy them?

Renzo wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to keeping the manuals? Do people buy them?

I dunno! I'm a hoarder! I should pitch them but I consider instruction manuals part of the toy...

So. Bowser's castle?

Assembling in bite sized modular pieces, seems pretty small and quaint...

Then suddenly? BAM. It has a lot of presence/space, and some cute gimmicks. These are designed to take a lot of abuse. I hope the stickers hold up. :)

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I think there is a market for manuals in good condition.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I only buy sets on BrickLink if they are complete, including instructions, so I'd say the instructions increase the resell value in general but I don't know by how much. Not every set for sale on BrickLink is complete, either, so there is probably a market for just the instructions so that people can make them complete.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    For our local 3rd party Lego stores, boxes and manuals add a decent bit to the trade in price.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    mhi5s7psl8q6.png

I have two of them one that got broken and the other still in a box

I love the poly bag one, but I've been a sucker for most of the star wars tinybuilds

30056-1.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I love the poly bag one, but I've been a sucker for most of the star wars tinybuilds

30056-1.png

I have 4 of those

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    That article goes much, much further in depth than you think it will.

30056-1.png

If this were released today, do you think they'd use those ice cream swirl style studs for the shield generators?

Oh my!

The NES is here and it is a huuuge box.

Going to try and take my time with this one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh my!

The NES is here and it is a huuuge box.

Going to try and take my time with this one.

post pics as you go!

Pic 1: Huge box with horrifically messy dining room table for scale. Guess I need to put in some groundwork first to reclaim a construction area.

ruaj9a23qxsu.jpeg

Note: The extremely dodgy looking green bowl is some catnip that came with a recent scratching post purchase!

MhCw7nZ.gif
This discussion has been closed.