As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    "Heroes with rouse skills" is actually a really good fodder banner. Premium skills for days!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I blew about over 200 orbs trying to get Iduun last year. I do like the summon 40 for a hero thing they are doing now and wish they would do that more often
    I really do not understand the compile stuff as am I renting the character? I read somewhere you only get them for real if you have them

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    There's no renting, you just get a combat manual instead of a unit. So it doesn't add them to your barracks, but if you already have one, you can use the manual to add a merge, and regardless if you have them or not you can use the manual to inherit skills off on to someone else.

s7Imn5J.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Those manuals finally let me take the -atk off my Alm, and he can still really wreck some dragons in arena assault with deathblow.

Latest trend of seasonals in the manuals and hall of forms is not to my liking though. I realize seasonals are like half the game at this point, but I'd rather use them as fodder or pretend they didn't exist.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Hall of Forms seasonals are pretty lame, typically. I was a bit partial towards Winter Ephraim and Summer Tana, but the upcoming units (Greil, V.Ike, V.Soren, V.Mist) don't interest me in the slightest and will probably be the worst set of units to clear the content with yet. Really wish they'd go back to including at least one grail unit in the mix, since those are actually nice to get premium skills on if you want to merge them up and build them.

Hel is... Whatever. My dark defense sucks so if I get her I'll try a flier ball. But overall not real impressed with the banner. Not gonna go all in.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I keep missing the start of a new Hall of Forms when it butts up against the end of the previous one's purchase window, since they don't change the name or icon or anything to indicate which mode it's in and I learned to ignore it when it's in purchase mode

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I keep missing the start of a new Hall of Forms when it butts up against the end of the previous one's purchase window, since they don't change the name or icon or anything to indicate which mode it's in and I learned to ignore it when it's in purchase mode

Gotta check notifications every morning!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Woo I got my +10 LIke right away! He turned up +atk, which makes me decide between atk and spd once again for the final merge. Ended up dropping 120 orbs and got 2 Edelgard merges, a Roy, and the last Ike.

Wouldnt have minded a Hel, but it's probably time to stop and wait to see what august brings.

No green orbs on my free pull, but the only blue was hiding a Fjorm, so... I think I'm gonna save for CYL4.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    https://youtu.be/LR1W7TODZEw

Edit: Meh, still nothing to fix the game :/

Also ignoring Dart and Fargus on a pirate banner in favor of non-pirates Veronica and Xander.. k FEH

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Summoning pool changes! Great! ... Just skimming off some old 5 stars and not demoting or changing the 3 and 4 star pools at all... Much less great.

Nagi feels like a dud on that hero fest, even Surtr is still better from the old one. Pirate Tibarn looks like they took his popular galeforce build and made it built in and better. He is gonna be a monster.

Mist is still a 5* exclusive in the general pool

Come on, IS

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Did they change feh's VA? She sounds deeper, and less flighty

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah, the VA changed the first video Feh came back from vacation, after the chief owl showed up

Anyone get any crap older pity breaks on the hero fest? Looks like there was a big and they are compensating with free focus units. Won't matter to me cuz I just got one duo eph and one Bernie.

Spoit wrote: »
    Did they change feh's VA? She sounds deeper, and less flighty

It's the same voice actress as Sothis now. AKA why she made a big deal about Sothis being on the hero fest :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Anyone get any crap older pity breaks on the hero fest? Looks like there was a big and they are compensating with free focus units. Won't matter to me cuz I just got one duo eph and one Bernie.

The compensation will net me an additional Sothis and two more Nagis. This banner was very good to me.

Had to push my luck on hero fest some more. Was rewarded with literally the worst/oldest red to NOT get compensated with a Sothis. Laevatain, screw you!!

edited August 2020
    I just got a Luke.

Edit: Insult to injury! He's a Brave Sword user with a Brave refine, -ATK +SPD!

Delzhand on
    Yeah but Luke gets you a Sothis in 2 days. And, free panic ploy fodder!

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Are we allowed to talk about Luke in this thread? I feel as if we may trigger Warlock.

The Hero Fest was definitely tempting but I'd rather save the summons for pirates or CYL2 at this point.

Free pulled a Ver-arrrrr-nica!
    So, uh, unfurl the Mission Accomplished banner. It's gonna look weird on a pirate ship but the first mate can't swim anyway so it'll prob be docked most of the time.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited August 2020
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha they actually memed Jorge into FEH.. Those crazy bastards... Looking forward to next year's Brigand Boss GHB :P

Also I am already so effing confused at wtf this new mode is. Sounds boring.

Warlock82 on
    It looks like it uses the normal 1 resource per hour system. The more troops a person gets, the higher their score/damage multiplier but the lower their chance of winning is, but you can increase their chance of winning by using the shield item. It looks like they attack every hour, and the overall goal is to kill the boss

Whoo, IV fruit. Never expected it! My Naesala is getting +spd!

Gonna need a +spd on my fallen Ike too. Ahh what a cool reward. Bet that means we will get 5 per week aside from the first 100.

First Trait Fruit project is gonna be my Surtr. Currently, +HP, -Atk, gonna change him to +Def, -Spd.

IV swaps is an improvement I never saw them making.

And man, it's worth a new currency, but it must be a nightmare for new players to open the inventory screen and look at all the different bafmodads and gizmotrons to collect.

s7Imn5J.png
    The only thing I’d say we’re really missing now is a way to get merges for Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna.

I'm more excited by tacking on another 10 stats to my max-investment Cherche tbh

Hoo, reverse Swift Sparrow as an inheritable C-slot. Also while they made yet another similar Edelgard, her movement skill is pretty great.

I think I'm mostly aiming for Dmitri, though. Distant counter + special charge + atk/def penalty inversion + atk/def bonus + def-based quick riposte version of spurn/repel/close call seems like a lot of death. Hopefully his RES isn't garbage.

s7Imn5J.png
    I have 400 orbs, and multiple sparks seems really nice. Might go all full circles til 2 sparks since all are so good.

Least excited about Lysithea. She seems not much different from red Celica, and a way worse ARD nuke than her academy version.

Edelgard looks fantastic. They basically made an armor unit with flier movement range (since forests don't affect bonus movement) and guidance over 25% hp. Although she can't get bonus movement from Gray Waves.

I have 400 orbs, and multiple sparks seems really nice. Might go all full circles til 2 sparks since all are so good.

Least excited about Lysithea. She seems not much different from red Celica, and a way worse ARD nuke than her academy version.

Brave Lysithea is definitely not as good on ARD teams, but is likely much better in player hands for PvE content (particularly in modes with stat inflation which more easily disrupts units who rely on single attacks to one round). Something to keep in mind about her PRF is so long as she is damaged, she makes a *guaranteed* follow up attack before her foe can counter. This is more than Desperation saying the unit merely can follow up attack first, and will allow her to break things like Wary Fighter. It should make her quite fantastic for sweeping the field, so long as you can get a single point of damage on her first.

That said, there is a lot more competition for her as an infantry red nuke than there is for almost anyone else on this banner. Bow fliers, strong infantry lances, and mobile armor units are all much more rare in comparison, even if she is a standout.

Ah good catch, did not realize that. She might be better than I thought. But then that's kinda a lot of speed "wasted" compared to say Fallen Julia.

I know a bunch of people are disappointed in the designs, but to me it's perfect. I don't like the aesthetics much of the dragon bone relics, and I prefer alts to be similar to "canon." Using the archanea relics that you can get in game and real end game armor looks great!

This TT is brutal for auto battle. Duo Veronica destroys even on the level 30 difficulty.

Ah good catch, did not realize that. She might be better than I thought. But then that's kinda a lot of speed "wasted" compared to say Fallen Julia.

I know a bunch of people are disappointed in the designs, but to me it's perfect. I don't like the aesthetics much of the dragon bone relics, and I prefer alts to be similar to "canon." Using the archanea relics that you can get in game and real end game armor looks great!

It's kind of a waste of speed, but kind of not. Speed can still be relevant if you have ways to auto double due to things like Null Follow Up and all the various speed based damage reduction abilities, after all. Basically, Brave Lysi should nuke a bit harder than Fallen Julia, but Fallen Julia is more versatile between the two phases. On a personal note, I'm kind of miffed that, after all this time, I still don't have *any* version of Julia to my name. Deirdre likes me at least, I have a +3 merge on her without even using the Holy War compile manual yet.

...too bad Deirdre isn't absurdly high tier the way Julia's new versions have been, though.