As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    FFII discount draw, and it was fairly neat. Emperor’s Arcane, and Leon’s USB; the one that gives him empowered Endark on its own and dark radiant shield to the party. It’s no Awakening, but it’s something to hold onto for later.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Magicite support keeps on giving, Kain SASB today! This one seems pretty good and Kain's doublecast LMR is also coming to the shop in the next wave.

Think I'll go earth next, only banner where I only have one dupe on the prize relics.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I don't understand how people have the patience to come up with strategies like that.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    30 minute fight? Not in this lifetime.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    If it was 30 minutes and done that's way quicker than my Ifrit battles adding in all the fails.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Tbh what's amazing for me is how long he's able to hang on Phase 3. Like I usually get blown in the first 5 turns and he just keeps going.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Ff12 discount draw: dupe vaan USB (one of 'em. 2 I think?)

Oh dear. I have like over 20 Magicite fights still to do to get my assload of tickets, and only a few days left to do them. My lack of desire to grind out multiple Magicite every day has come back to haunt me with mild annoyance.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh dear. I have like over 20 Magicite fights still to do to get my assload of tickets, and only a few days left to do them. My lack of desire to grind out multiple Magicite every day has come back to haunt me with mild annoyance.

Think of all the stamina potions you've missed.

All the crystals to add to the pile like a dragon, hoarding its wealth.

...Actually, at this point, I just R5 things without even thinking or looking at that stuff. Since Japan basically stopped releasing new non-HA 6* abilities, there hasn't been much point not to.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I've just been running auto magicite teams while eating breakfast and going about my morning routine

edited August 2020
    I do it while walking the dogs in the morning. I'm so sick of killing Famfrit.

I can't believe they're going to do this again in a couple months.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Magicite Support campaign is the worst. Not only has it convinced me to never ever do a single relic pull, just the grind to do 3 magicite per day even if it's auto is just ugh.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My routine is kill famfrit twice in the morning and then with a far-off visionary look on my face I boldly proclaim that today is the day I try Shiva. Then I do other things all day and scramble to get one more famfrit in before bed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

OK, I actually do have a somewhat auto team ready for Framfrit now. I need to do the first 2 turns manually, but it's better than doing the whole fight that way.

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I've just been letting Lightning do about 16% damage to Famfrit then die. Easy to auto, and only takes a few minutes to do 3 times. The stamina used to suicide is more than made up by the stam potion.

Unrelated fire weak Odin down. That's 2 down now. Next up probably lightning since I have Lightning and Kain syncs.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Famfrit is definitely the easiest one to auto for me. My team never takes more than 3-4 attacks at the beginning (rarely they'll take one more if they can't break below 40% HP before the Savage attack comes out). Most of the time the last attack is Graviga, and then his only actions afterwards are Faith and Protect.

Phoenix is my go to Auto Team.

I actually found out by accident that my Mateus Auto Team can also Auto Kill Manticore.

Famfrit's a very simple and stable sub15 for me using Claire Sync, Aranea OSB, Noctis AASB, Aerith AASB, and Prompto CSB. No RW. Aerith and Prompto have DMT/MM. I could sub in TGCid for Aranea since he also has a lit OSB and faster startup, but whatever. Pretty much all of my autos are similar, although some things like Geos I use AOSBs for because characters don't get enough turns with the AASB up for those to be worth using.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I got my bundle of 11 tickets.

Remember the old days when it was possible to go 0/11? Because I suddenly do.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    edited August 2020
    Core was the only discount banner left to me, so I rolled on it. Wound up with Biggs’s Glint and Dr Mog’s Arcane (the 20+1 fire/ice/lightning/holy one).

Not sure what I was expecting, when most of the Tyro and Elarra prizes are lenseable now. But man, Biggs and Wedge are kinda neglected, aren’t they? I can get everything for Biggs at this point, but he’s still not really good for my Earth team. I wonder if they’ll eventually add a Core Dreambreaker, bur those two would need some serious help first.

Enlong on
    Ticket: rydia enEarth LMR

also got my fifth diablos. I think I'm slower with a level 99 diablos because I threshold cross at less opportune times.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm running out of space for all these copies of Magicite. I guess start combining them for space? I don't know what I'll feed them to after (if/when) I get a Diabolos.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm running out of space for all these copies of Magicite. I guess start combining them for space? I don't know what I'll feed them to after (if/when) I get a Diabolos.

I've been farming Famfrit since forever, so my current magicite project is to level one of them to 99 by doing nothing but breaking level caps.

3x level 1 = level 40
    3x level 40 = level 54
    3x level 54 = level 57

It'll take me a while, but I won't run outta uses for Famfrit!

edited August 2020
    ...Brave USB overwrites both of my Sync commands? Screw you, game.

edit: eyyy, got the old man down with a magic team. Just leaves magic team vs Leviathan.

Team was Rydia Sync, Enna AASB, Red Chain, and Krile glint/USB, with Elarra AASB on heals.

Fry on
    You have to assume everything is coded as lazy as possible

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited August 2020
    Fry wrote: »
    ...Brave USB overwrites both of my Sync commands? Screw you, game.

edit: eyyy, got the old man down with a magic team. Just leaves magic team vs Leviathan.

Team was Rydia Sync, Enna AASB, Red Chain, and Krile glint/USB, with Elarra AASB on heals.

Yeah, I thought I posted about this while doing I think Ramuh clears with Rinoa. Her Sync and Brave USB was no Bueno.

lionheart_m on
    Tbh, not surprised because I think the same thing happens if you mix BSBs and Brave USBs.

And there's 8 Diablos.

Guess I should get my final four Ifrit and be done with 6* altogether at some point. Well, until I powercreep overpowered mage teams to deal with lack of magic chains.

Maintenance tonight. When daily changes, iirc?

Welp. Spent my 11 tickets all on Lightning and got a relic that’s not technically a lightning relic. Garnet’s Glint+, which gives her a soul break’s worth of meter. Good for a chain user, but Desch is still very competitive here, since he's got Machinist and Black Mage access.

Gave her a test drive vs Leviathan. Got a win, but at the literal last possible second, so it's hard to say if she's better.

Poked ff5 Dreambreaker and didn't even make it to 90%.

Woof.

edited August 2020
    Got 3 elemental/realm tickets from the new historia crystal stuff and spent them all on FFV, because of my weird lack of awakening-class stuff there. Didn't get enough stuff to really try the Dreambreaker for FFV, but got some fun toys.
    * Lenna Glint (healing)
    * Lenna Glint+ (Proshellga + Hastega)
    * Gilgamesh Glint (weird one, this. It's bubble and Resistance buff for the party. I would've expected Enfire, honestly.)
    * Gogo Awakening (real nice to have. Between this, his Glint, and his USB, he's a very formidable Water mage with a weird gimmick. Still wish I had his Chain to go with it, though; I now have 3 Water awakenings, but am relying on Paine or Tidus for the chain.)
    * Galuf Arcane dupe
    * Krile USB (Fire)
    * Bartz USB3 (Wind). This one's super nice; it's row quickcast and is Wind focused. Very nice on its own or in combination with his USB1. The question of Bartz or Fang is now a lot more even than it was. Fang has stacking Enwind and Instacast Forever, but Bartz can speed half the team once he gets going.
    * Faris Wind Chain! Finally! I've been wanting one of the proper ATK-focused wind chains for a long time now. It's a bit of a shame that she doesn't have lensable access to Enwind, but I've already cleared Titan, so I can just use this on stuff that doesn't enforce Enwind. Plus, she can do Imperil Wind and other support stuff, and the ATK buff would be useful even on a Titan team, compared to Alphinaud.

Gonna have fun with the stuff I got here, but Azulmagia is still a hell no.

Enlong on
    I haven't been leveling my Historia Crystals at all, instead hoarding Rat Tails for Realm Gilgamesh, so most of these books are locked to me. Oh well, it's there eventually.

Oh.... Oh!

Used my two tickets on:

XII: Ashe AASB! Vayne AOSB? But Ashe AASB!
    XV: Prompto Chain! Finally! After Levia but dammit finally! Now I'm only missing that Gen 2 Earth Chain!

14 discount draw: dupe haurchefant burst, dupe alpha USB

So just core left.

Was a bit silly and burnt some more tails just to complete missing, got 4 tickets.

I need better healer stuff for 5, so I tossed two there and got dupe Faris bubsy, dupe bartz USB, and galuf burst. Gonna sit on the other two and think.

edited August 2020
    I dumped a bunch of rat tails in and got six tickets in total out of things. Remember that it headlines crystals as awards on some of these, but actually awards tickets too.

I only did the break strat for the IX Dreambreaker and have ignored the others, although I did need to clear out this week's and/or the FFV Torment missions to have enough tails to reach 5 crystals at 80. I'm nowhere near enough to reach the 5 crystals at 99. Not even bothering to get the 1 at 99 to be honest. I'll need to check the relic lists again to see where I want to toss these.

E:
    3, 11, 14, 15, and 0 seem to be the best bets. 11, 14, and 15 are still surprisingly strong because the pools are so small. 3, 11, and 14 are all pretty weak realms for me too. Maybe I'll just toss one ticket into each and then reassess based on getting nothing.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I pushed FF9 up to level 99 when I was knocking on the door of clearing it (and then later did clear it - not sure how much of a difference 90 v 99 made).

FFT is 90.

Haven't pushed anything else above 65 yet, though.

Anyone have a good auto team for FFV?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited August 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Anyone have a good auto team for FFV?

Any healer with G+ and awakening (or honestly, probably just a haste awakening is plenty), then your best four in-realm DPS. If you have at least one or two V characters that can break the damage cap, you'll probably steamroll it, because Greg wastes a lot of turns.

edit: well, at least one mage DPS. Greg will blind the top two slots, so one of those should be a healer, and the other should be a mage.

Fry on