As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Oh god. The new Lucioball map with the pillars and walls everywhere is so bad.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Lucioball Remix is insanity but more fun that way IMO. The classic variety was always a bit too slow. Stressful as hell to goalie though.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    New Lucioball is trash more because of the multiple balls on the map at once plus the 3x ball, on top of the cooldowns they added to Lucio's abilities. Way too easy to camp now, and it's not even worth it to play comp unless they revert it.

All they needed to do was simply remove the long delay from goal to replay to the countdown. Literally count the score, pick everyone up to be placed again and countdown. That's it. And punish leaver hard.

edit: also Blizzard pay your employees, no wonder updates are shit and take forever.

TexiKen on
    edited August 2020
    Holy shit. I hadn't realized they fucked up 2/3 maps. Busan is a fucking disaster, but the one with the giant wall in the middle and sloped sides is merely a steaming pile of shit compared to the diarrhea landslide that is Busan. It's like the thought process was "You know what sucks? Being able to clear the ball and pass the ball. You know what people love? The frustrating janky physics. Let's eliminate the former entirely and crank the latter to eleven." I take back everything I said about Lucioball. This new version is designed specifically for nothing but kick-and-chase garbage and I am already 150% done with it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    finally they have confirmed that pharah is shredded

GOOD

obF2Wuw.png
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Brig skin is a little cutie. Orisa's victory pose is a little cutie. There's just adorable shit everywhere. Good event to blow 15k coins on.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Brig skin is a little cutie. Orisa's victory pose is a little cutie. There's just adorable shit everywhere. Good event to blow 15k coins on.

I'm getting a lot of use out of the warm up emote pre-matches...

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

I'm getting a lot of use out of the warm up emote pre-matches...

it's extremely good

(and i got it in my free event box, woop woop)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kind of want the Orisa lucio ball spray but yeah everyone wants to play O and 15 saves in one game...
    Orisa's demon skin medal victory pose I feel worth getting

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Speedo Hog never ever because they are COWARDS

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

It's winter now in Mad Max Land, where Road Hog hails from. It's not speedo weather.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    SuperRisu delivering the goods yesss

emnmnme wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

It's winter now in Mad Max Land, where Road Hog hails from. It's not speedo weather.

It is when you're Roadhog

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    In random QPC notes, won a defense match in Havana last night via legit c9, which was pretty awesome and lead to some great banter in chat.

And then joined a Li Jiang match just in time to see the "Round Lost" screen pop up. Evidently the enemy Ashe was such a terror she caused the entire team i joined to rage quit, so we started with a fresh team down 0-1, and came back to win.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »
    In random QPC notes, won a defense match in Havana last night via legit c9, which was pretty awesome and lead to some great banter in chat.

And then joined a Li Jiang match just in time to see the "Round Lost" screen pop up. Evidently the enemy Ashe was such a terror she caused the entire team i joined to rage quit, so we started with a fresh team down 0-1, and came back to win.

To me nothing feels cooler than backfilling into a losing game and turning it around. I feel like they tend to take backfills who out-rank other people in the match to even out the momentum loss, 'cause there are so many times I'll come in to a game and just destroy half a team like they were standing still, and are not used to playing like this.

I came in on a failing Dorado defense the other day, my team hadn't even lost the first point yet but they were trickling and scattered and the payload was about 15 yards from the point. I started barking formation orders as I came across the bridge. "Fall back! Group up!" I wait for two more teammates to show up on our side of the bridge. "Push forward!" and immediately blink in to kill their support, start the teamfight and hold the point. "Push forward!"

^.^ lotta' shot callers that game. Feels good.

I have like 3 good C9s captured, but I think this is my favorite because 1 - I get killing blows on a lotta' dudes and 2 - the teamfight is still going on in earnest like ten feet away and I was just in the right place at the right time to get those extra 5 meters, keeping the Ana at bay while our Sig lifted them.

https://youtu.be/gOjg9SuqwHw

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

To me nothing feels cooler than backfilling into a losing game and turning it around. I feel like they tend to take backfills who out-rank other people in the match to even out the momentum loss, 'cause there are so many times I'll come in to a game and just destroy half a team like they were standing still, and are not used to playing like this.

I came in on a failing Dorado defense the other day, my team hadn't even lost the first point yet but they were trickling and scattered and the payload was about 15 yards from the point. I started barking formation orders as I came across the bridge. "Fall back! Group up!" I wait for two more teammates to show up on our side of the bridge. "Push forward!" and immediately blink in to kill their support, start the teamfight and hold the point. "Push forward!"

^.^ lotta' shot callers that game. Feels good.

I did this just last night, backfilled into King's Row defense where the enemy team was already on last point with over 6 minutes left. We already had a pretty good team comp, just needed a healer. So I went Ana and just played safe and clean, we ended up holding without me dying a single time. Felt very good.

Then I went on to lose like 10 games in a row lol

Experimental card is up:
    Hello everyone!

We’re starting up another Experimental mode, this time featuring balance adjustments to a number of heroes (Patch Notes). While we can’t say that all of these updates will reach the live version of the game, we’re hoping this test provides some insight into changes we’re looking to make and an opportunity for feedback from our players.

What are we trying to address?

At Overwatch’s highest levels of play, we’ve seen the meta become more defined due to certain heroes over-performing. With this experiment, we’re testing some hero adjustments aimed at shifting away from a barrier-heavy meta. In addition, we’re taking this opportunity to address some under-performing heroes. We hope these changes will help to diversify hero choices and team compositions.

What are we testing?

In this Experimental mode, we will be making hero updates (value adjustments, rather than changes to ability function) to the following heroes:

Brigitte
    Orisa
    Pharah
    Roadhog
    Sigma
    Symmetra
    Zenyatta

These changes are focused on reducing the potency of some shield-heavy Tanks, while also targeting heroes like Brigitte, who help enable the meta we’re looking to address. We’re also including some adjustments to under-performing Damage heroes like Pharah and Symmetra to increase their effectiveness.

We hope that you’ll give this Experimental mode a shot and share your feedback! Reminder that game development is an iterative process – especially hero balance. We’ll be reading your feedback, monitoring the experiment, as well as live games to gauge whether these changes address our goals of moving the barrier-heavy meta.

Thanks!
    HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Brigitte

General
    Base health lowered from 200 to 150

Inspire
    Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
    Self-healing is no longer reduced by half

Orisa

General
    Base armor reduced from 250 to 200

Halt!
    Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
    Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30

Pharah

Hover Jets
    Movement speed increased 20%
    Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second

Barrage
    Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Roadhog

Scrap Gun
    (General) Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
    (General) Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
    (General) Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds

Sigma

Experimental Barrier
    Health reduced from 900 to 700
    Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second

Kinetic Grasp

Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Symmetra

Photon Projector
    (Primary Fire) Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds

Teleporter
    Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction
    (Secondary Fire) Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
    (Secondary Fire) Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second

edited August 2020
    Those Brigitte changes are absolutely savage. You can't give a melee character 150hp, it simply isn't done. I approve of the goal of reducing the prevalence of shields, but that's such a huge nerf to her overall quality of life, just because they wanted to indirectly nerf the meta she's a part of.

The armor nerf to Orisa seems painful as well, she already feels fragile to me. But I can accept that I'm just not good at her. I'm not sure what their intent was on the Roadhog change - ironically it does reduce his shield break capabilities a bit - but I guess it's a buff? Increasing his hook-shot damage is obviously a substantial improvement.

Zek on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Those Brigitte changes are absolutely savage. You can't give a melee character 150hp, it simply isn't done. I approve of the goal of reducing the prevalence of shields, but that's such a huge nerf to her overall quality of life, just because they wanted to indirectly nerf the meta she's a part of.

The armor nerf to Orisa seems painful as well, she already feels fragile to me. But I can accept that I'm just not good at her. I'm not sure what their intent was on the Roadhog change - ironically it does reduce his shield break capabilities a bit - but I guess it's a buff? Increasing his hook-shot damage is obviously a substantial improvement.

Doesn't Brigitte still have her 50 armor? So she has 200 total health, 50 of which is armor. She's still marginally more durable than your average Support.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    edited August 2020
    I think they might have actually fixed that basic bitch Sigma. Because while I still think his primary is too strong for a shield tank and part of what creates this action figure smashing of teams, at least hurting shields, delaying their recharge, and then making his ridiculous kinetic grasp cooldown longer means he has to be smart with shield placement and not just have protection near AND far.

Plus making the Symmetra primary buff last longer means she can be somewhat viable to break shields. I do think she's gonna need a strong ult charge increase because she builds it fast already, or make her orbs 10hp less.

At this point destroy Bridget, nothing else has worked so why not try the 150 hp route. This is as close as we're gonna get to them admitting they screwed up with her.

Roadhog seems like just moving things around, I'd be fine with making his gun stronger but then you have to cut off 5m from his chain.

edit: and no Genji nerfs like removing the deflect cancel or reworking his ultimate, come on guys, pay your staff more to move that hero meta a dab.

TexiKen on
    edited August 2020
    Kupi wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

Doesn't Brigitte still have her 50 armor? So she has 200 total health, 50 of which is armor. She's still marginally more durable than your average Support.

Ah I forgot about that, that's not as awful, I suppose it balances out with the decent increase to self heal. Though I haven't felt like she needed nerfs in pub games, and they say straight up this is intended for OWL.

Zek on
    Brig with 150HP and 50 armor might actually be killable mid-Rally...

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Brigitte is like the buff doge meme now
    Release: I instakill Tracer and never die
    Experimental: pwease don't hit me i;m baby

Coinage on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    That is way too overboard on Brig.

Probably too much on Orisa, I'm not certain. Halt is one of the best abilities in the game, but there's some actual cool gameplay involved. Neutering its potential is just going to make it feel lame and inconsistent.

Pharah seems fine. Not sure how the Hog changes math out but whatever. Probably a buff to his burst potential at the expense of some sustained damage, which is a good trade usually if you're Hog.

Sigma changes are fine, possibly a touch too harsh.

Symm buffs are significant and may need to be toned down.

Zen buff is quite stupid. He needs help, but I don't really want to see the most degenerate part of his kit be improved.

Kasyn on
    Quick comments for a few heroes:

-Pharah feels better, speed but a cost in sustaining flight but you can move fast in tapping your jets to get out of spawn better, if they would revert her direct/splash damage to what it was four months ago I think she'd be pretty balanced

-Roadhog has never felt trash pick on console, be that the aim assist or thumbsticks being slower, but with the direct damage increase he's back to hook and kill that was ridiculous in beginning seasons. either reduce the chain length or reduce his damage reduction on puffer. Again, they're pushing burst damage over sustain and that gets really damn annoying

-Zenyatta is creeping back to spam levels, you can't have this and the strong discord, pick one. It'd make more sense to fiddle with his shield regen or hitbox.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Not a fan of most of these changes. Roadhog doesn't need to be better at bursting down heroes at the cost of sustain. That's just a weird take.

I mean for the record, the hook and murder combo feels great, and making it better will also feel great. I love playing Roadhog. This just isn't at all what he needs to make him feel useful more often as a pick in a team composition.

BloodySloth on
    edited August 2020
    The Brigitte change is rough, and continues to address the problem with her empowering other heroes too much by punishing her instead of other people despite her issues only even starting at like Diamond up. Fuck, man. There's like a 75% chance someone will bitch at you for picking her period in Plat down and it's been practically since 2-2-2, if not longer since GOATs was never much of a thing here in the peasant ranks without the coordination needed for it.

The other changes are... not at all what I expected when they said they were looking at double barrier problems, and I really don't see how they would affect it much at all. If anything, seems like they would make Rein yet even more of a must-pick when he's already been so dominant since always. They seem like pretty much just straight up hard nerfs to Orisa and Sigma, and crippling the only even slightly fun thing about playing Orisa. I don't play either much though, so I'm largely ambivalent. I was expecting something more like "Reinhardt loses 50% of his barrier, but firestrike comes out 10% faster." I also still think that it's super weird that only sort of Sombra is a character with any specifically anti-barrier moves at all. Seems like such an obvious niche. Hell, just say all explosions do an extra 30% damage to barriers or something.

I'm still sticking with "the core problem is the map design." Very low TTK and absolutely devastating chokes that you have to go through means that barriers (and healing) need to be strong as fuck. But the claustrophobic maps also mean that there's not space in a lot of them for high mobility characters to be able to play around them instead of having to punch through them.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    orisa feels like crap now, the speed of halt is way too fast to use in most situations.
    hog feels fine, they just moved some things around but he can now one shot people he used to be able to that have weird hitboxes (ana)
    shield nerfs are bad, it's not the "right" fix. time to kill on people is way to high and so instead of fixing shields they've basically just mandated rein + sigma
    i haven't played brig yet but i'm guessing she isn't well balanced from what i'm reading. she'll need someone to peel for her although her self heal going up is good. maybe they should try just giving her a really fast ae heal that does less with the inability to proc more than every X amount of time.
    haven't tried pharah yet but shorter ult is probably good, and it sounds like her total air time is mostly unaffected.

The Sigma nerfs really didn't do anything from what I'm seeing, you're just seeing Rein/Sig or Sig/Hog right now. The nerfs don't matter when Sigma is still getting burst healed. It's the primary damage that keeps him being picked. Try this, when shield is out Sigma only does 50% damage. Or try it so Sigma can't shoot through his own shield (other teammates can). And Kinetic grasp is still so big and covers >180 degrees that the two seconds don't change much.

Bridget, honestly, I'm not seeing problems if the player stays with their team like she's supposed to be. She's still building ult hella fast. All the HP reduction did is make it so she can't solo stragglers or hold her ground on her own with her stronger shield, and the self heal buff does keep her alive help her stay afloat. It's the armor being so strong that's helping her.

There's groundwork actually being made here where it doesn't feel like I have to play Junkrat all the time for burst damage, but they're going to have to actually touch their OWL darlings. If they won't touch armor and reduce it back to 3, Rein needs at least 200 HP cut from shield or slower walking speed down or slow down his hammer swing, Ashe still needs her downsight rate of fire changed and she needs to not be able to build ult while Bob is out, and Genji is still too strong with his deflect a BS extra range on dash and blade.

Also Torb is incredibly sneaky strong right now, everyone keep ignoring him and he's about to pop into the meta soon, mark my words.

TexiKen wrote: »
    Also Torb is incredibly sneaky strong right now, everyone keep ignoring him and he's about to pop into the meta soon, mark my words.

He's just strong V. flankers and flankers are getting stronger lately. Fuck that turret.

(Slams fist on desk!)

Fuck all turrets!

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I agree with most of these changes except Halt...

It just feels crap now.

Wilhelm from the top rope!

And again! (technically before)

Literally centimeters away from getting the Ana too for all four, but she got booped off anyway.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I don't think Zen necessarily needs a damage buff, I'd better appreciate a hitbox that reflects his model a little better and doesn't make him as laughably easy to hit compared to almost every other character in the game since his matchup against hard counters is either "throw balls good" or "guess I'll die"

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    It isn't even really a buff it's just them semi reverting it back to what it used to be.

That said I don't know if he can compete with the other supports still just cause of his mediocre healing/mobility.

Second game of the night I'm already having some real good times ^.^

https://youtu.be/P7x_Gtf-yyE

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    After the luck i've been getting this week in QPC, i kinda think they should gate the rewards out of 9 games played, not won.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2020
    After the luck i've been getting this week in QPC, i kinda think they should gate the rewards out of 9 games played, not won.

i've thought this too when i've been on 8-game losing streaks, but the fact is that if you got the event tick whether you won or lost, it would actively encourage throwing. the motivation would become getting the match over with as quick as possible so you could move on to the next game. So you'd get in a game and whichever players were on offense would just fuck around on first point till they lost. it wouldn't happen every match or with every player, but even if one teammate per match did it, it would quickly become a pain in the ass.

Houk the Namebringer on
    Turns out if you're playing tank/support and you get dropped into an immediate loss, you can use priority requeue to get instant DPS matching!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    make it so zen ult doesnt heal he just shoots a thousand balls a second at every enemy in the radius

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

obF2Wuw.png