As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter Thread 5

TefTef Registered User regular
edited August 2020 in Social Entropy++
Black Lives Matter.

Read up on some key BLM objectives here: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Do what you can to help the movement. Send money, take to the street, volunteer your time, amplify black voices and/or change the minds of your friends and family.

This thread is for broadcasting BLM news, sharing praxis, as well commiserating and laughing with comrades.

Spoiler violent images and videos please, be careful about doxxing comrades; this is a public form

https://youtu.be/llci8MVh8J4

https://youtu.be/wVzbSvWaMkc

https://youtu.be/q5QHj0T4q3I

https://youtu.be/800Jpjb5zWo

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
Tef on

• TefTef Registered User regular
    P.S fuck the fascists

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fuck the police

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020

Rotties are a lot like pibbles in that they are very sweet and caring with their family unit, friendly, goofy and happy to please everyone around them.

So, probably the worst.

*sigh*

Because of dog-fighting culture, most police/LEO's assume that a dog that is barking or growling is being aggressive. They're not. They're nervous and afraid for their family, they're scared shitless because they don't have the tools to deal with random aggression, and they need to be calmed down with friendly voices, calm tones and lots of love. But because some dogs are from large or muscular breeds, everybody thinks they're gonna go all Cujo and shit. They don't want to, but they will as a last resort if they think you're gonna hurt their family. And cops are proving every day, for two fucking months, that they want to hurt people, they want to enforce their dominance and they want submission by any means necessary.

As a personal aside, I have seen a 5'7" marine calm down a 6'5" marine with severe social anxiety who was about to completely lose his shit over something very trivial that some fuckers started. She calmed her husband down and then proceeded to whip wholesale ass on the three other fucksticks who didn't know about her second-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

In summation, the rottie is the big, gentle boy who needs to be protected.

The terrier?

She'll rip your fucking testicles off.

edit:

Please let the puppy be okay.

Darth Waiter on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The cops were the only ones on the scene with guns.

A cop was shot.

We cannot confirm who shot the cop.

ItIsAMystery.gif

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

A cop was shot.

ItIsAMystery.gif

Look it was clearly the dog.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »

A cop was shot.

ItIsAMystery.gif

Look it was clearly the dog.

Good dog.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    "Officer Involved Shooting" is a most infuriating phrase

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Man Loses Fatal Amount Of Blood After Being Left With Holes In Body Caused By Bullets, Bullets May Have Recently Been In Possession Of Nearby Officer At Time, Investigation Underway

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Man Loses Fatal Amount Of Blood After Being Left With Holes In Body Caused By Bullets, Bullets May Have Recently Been In Possession Of Nearby Officer At Time, Investigation Underway

Part of me wants to see a comedy sketch when one officer admits to shooting another officer over stolen cookies and the media rep tries to recover the message

DISMANTLE THE STATE

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    walking home I was walking past a Blakes [a local burger place} in the Parking lot were 7 police vehicles. they had 3 mid teens on the curb only one of the officers had on a mask and sadly it was a yellow bandana

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Has Biden said he wouldn't sign legislation defunding or abolishing police?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't think he's explicitly said that

But his entire career has been as a right wing tough on crime democrat

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Has Biden said he wouldn't sign legislation defunding or abolishing police?

"I don't want to defund police," Biden said. "I want to get police more money in order to deal with the things they badly need, from making sure they have access to community policing, that they have also in the departments social workers, psychologists, people who in fact can handle those god-awful problems that a cop has to have four degrees to handle."

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    "I don't want to defund police," Biden said.

I’m sure the cops will totally use that extra money for social workers

Steam ID
    edited August 2020
    Maybe they’ll use it for more bias training so that they can then later shoot the trainer in the crotch destroying his testicles

Again

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Anyone who is okay with Biden wanting to give police more money, no matter what stipulations he tries to put on how it's spent, was basically being a performative supporter of BLM and should be ashamed of themselves.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what if the stipulation is that they are no longer allowed to carry guns and instead have to kiss people gently on the forehead

I am sure an audit of any police department would free up enough "lost" funds to cover any increase they would like.

• Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    this isn't directly BLM-related, but being that the NRA is a white supremacist terrorist organization, it is good news that new york's AG is trying to dissolve the outfit because of fraud

it's 'cause of fraud and not the white supremacy or terrorism that they have done, but basically any future that involves the NRA going tits up is better for it and i hope this works out

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    what if the stipulation is that they are no longer allowed to carry guns and instead have to kiss people gently on the forehead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXXaj--a6-4

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Okay that whole LAPD thing like

everything that's been mentioned aside

"taken into custody" presumably means jail here right?

because you know what makes a suicidal person not want to kill themself? being incarcerated.

fuck this whole shitty system.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

If the dog did the shooting its not inaccurate

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I cannot get over the fact thay the NRA exists as it does now due to one dude joining up and changing the spirit, and that south park covered this when eric cartmen jumped into the future over a wii.

Good times.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

No one can read a room like good ol' Joey Biden.

The NRA has always been racist, it specifically, publicly excluded several times

Most recently Philando Castile

But it excluded Blacks from it's inception, if memory serves me correctly

And it thought Reagan was right to disarm private citizens, because those citizens were Black

It’s so convenient that if you ever need to see people trip over themselves to defend every shitty thing Biden says that all you gotta do is hop one subforum over

Steam ID
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    It’s so convenient that if you ever need to see people trip over themselves to defend every shitty thing Biden says that all you gotta do is hop one subforum over

Leave this shit at home.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

That’s the thing though: he’s reading the room just fine.

The Democratic Party is very clear in their method for obtaining votes. Wealthy white folks should be enticed, all other groups should be coerced.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

It’s definitely crossed over into ‘legitimately creepy’

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Sort of annoying that quotes don't work from closed threads.

Anyway re: SPD and sweeps: Yes I'm aware they do them anyway. They're still illegal. What, you think cops follow the law even most of the time?

• Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

That’s the thing though: he’s reading the room just fine.

The Democratic Party is very clear in their method for obtaining votes. Wealthy white folks should be enticed, all other groups should be coerced.

it's just you'd think they'd be less overt about it, considering they need a lot of votes from folks who aren't wealthy or white

this is shit you say when you're already in charge and you don't need to worry so hard about distancing yourself from the competition in an election that is gonna be pretty close

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its not particularly unexpected that most liberal support for the protesters has proved performative but man, it feels bad every time.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Please let the DNC remember the electoral college decides elections, not the popular vote

This discussion has been closed.