As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wet Hot American [Phalla] - Summer is Over - Mafia Win!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I'm suspicious of everyone but particularly of folks who decided not to take a trip into town.

mrpaku, you too good for town? Huh???

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I *wanted* to go to town! I was literally the first person to agree to your post! But dammit, this Firewood talent show is not going to present itself

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Well then, who should I vote to eliminate, @mrpaku!?!?

Zonugal wrote: »
    Well then, who should I vote to eliminate, mrpaku!?!?

I am personally caught between jdarksun and JaysonFour out of current (two hours til vote close) necessity, and neither looks like they have very good reasoning behind them right now (it's day two, but still, given the smaller group playing we need to move fast)

Part of me thinks Cyrathal deserves a vote,...but I also think Mafia (probably one of only two, maybe three) wouldn't have whiffed on the player list like that. There are few enough people in this game and not a lot of talk, and it's early on!

Gonna wait till a little closer to the vote to pull the trigger though, hope something else pops out.... currently trying to figure out something inscrutable I just tried to get Locus to clarify for me...

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    You would hope the mafia wouldn't be as dumb as me.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I can understand a Jdark vote as he *did* break a tie on to a villager, but honestly someone had to do it, and odds are it was going to be onto a villager, so that doesn't really feel like a great vote.
    And there seems to be no reason for J4 either other than being the first vote of the day (and Jdarks survival vote, understandable).

Honestly with such a low population I'm not sure traditional analysis is really going to help much, especially this early in the game. Not sure what to turn to yet but that's my 2c first thing in the morning. Gonna re-read and see what pops.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Day 1 votes were a bunch of 1s, then the tie at 2 between Invictus and MrPaku, so I don't think you learn anything from that.

And I don't think that really reflects on MrPaku too because Invictus could have voted for anyone.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Jdarksun for survival reasons.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Part of me thinks Cyrathal deserves a vote,...but I also think Mafia (probably one of only two, maybe three) wouldn't have whiffed on the player list like that. There are few enough people in this game and not a lot of talk, and it's early on!

The more I think about it the more I think a mafia is MORE likely to not care about who they vote for (just who they DON'T vote for) day 1. IDK, could be way off there.

So I will go Cythraul for now. Was going to vote @premium for laying low but he laid so low he didn't even vote so he may get inactivus'd tonight regardless.

For those not keeping track at home:

Jdark - 3
    Jayson - 2
    Cythraul - 2
    MrPaku - 1

1 hour to go:
    @Cythraul
    @mrpaku
    @premium
    @38thDoe

still need to vote

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    An hour to go? I'll drop a vote on jayson4 to make things more interesting

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the wake-up kale.
    How about Cythraul since jdarksun is supposed to die on day 3 if I am reading my chard correctly.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Could easily go one of two ways right now, but either one causes a tie...gonna put in JaysonFour right now with the hour left, hoping it cause the last few votes to trickle in while I watch the thread for last minute shananigans like yesterday (not guaranteeing anything though- it's my kid's birthday today)

OK that post aged poorly but those were my two candidates anyway and it's not like Cythraul is going to vote for themself

fuck a duck

Jdarksun, *not* because I think they're the best candidate today (Cythraul), but because JaysonFour just made a real good case to me that we're on the same team with a similar win condition

About twenty minutes left

Jdark is a very 'just because' vote, cythraul is slightly less so

If you think Cythraul is the best vote, why not vote for him?

It's:

jdark - 4
    Jayson - 3
    Cythraul - 3

Right now with your vote on jdark.

premium wrote: »
    Jdark is a very 'just because' vote, cythraulis slightly less so

Agree, and now that I have the buffer to do so, Cythraul

Let's keep it close!

J4

Steam
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'll move my vote to Cythraul, then.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Yeah...that's what I get, too. Anyone else wanna jump on Cythraul or Jayson? Don't wanna jump again, but don't want a tie... five minutes left...

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdark - 2
    Jayson - 4
    Cythraul - 5

either of y'all wanna drop, like, a tweet-sized manifesto or something?

It's now:

Cythraul - 5
    Jayson - 4
    jdark - 2

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    11:00 AM

Camp Firewood, this is your 11:00 AM check in with me, the Beekeeper, on WCFW, Camp Firewood radio!

I spied with my little eyes that Beth was making a trip into Waterville, with McKinley and Andy hopping on board. No one else seemed to notice they were gone, so anybody trying to take out a grudge probably missed. And, if we’re being honest listeners, I can’t say I missed McKinley too much myself. I don’t know what Beth, McKinley, and Andy got up to in town, but when they came back they looked like they had a great time. Too great a time, if you catch my meaning. From the looks of things, I don’t think they’ll be able to do much of anything for the next hour or so. If anyone has some grudge they’d like to take out on those three, I say now’s the time to do it!

As for everyone else, the big intermural softball game against Camp Tigerclaw is starting in just a few minutes. Everyone get on out there and root for the home team against our biggest rivals from across the lake. We’ll have one last chance to win the big one, and we don’t want to end the summer with any regrets.

For now, this is the Beekeeper, temporarily signing off so I can decamp for the softball fields, where you’ll get to here my play-by-play. For those of you who were there for my call of last winter’s Solomon Schecter basketball season, you know you’re in for a treat!

Results
    mrpaku – BenJoined Katie at that secret pizza party! :)
    Cythraul – VictorCrashed the van

Day Three has begun! Day Three will end tomorrow at 2 pm EDT

Locus on
    oOooOOOOOOOOoOOOOOoo

It sucks dick we really never got to know each other.

oOooOOOOOOOOoOOOOOoo

Steam
    OOoOoooOooooOoooo

Hey, let's all promise that in four to five days, we'll meet again, and we'll see what kind of people we've blossomed into

OooOooooOooooOooo

edited August 2020
    Oh, @mrpaku, oh no.

oh no

0353edde7c4682d926cb9e687ff92ede.gif
    I will miss you, my completely platonic friend.

Zonugal on
    THE BIG GAME

Coop has gathered the best athletes Camp Firewood has to offer an unlikely team of misfits for the culminating, climactic softball game against evil Camp Tigerclaw. There was a kooky training period and everything. But now the final game is here, and it’s time to win one for Camp Firewood!

Some people, however, think the whole thing feels like well-worn territory, while others have described it as “trite.” Why even bother going through with such a cliche?

Where do you stand, Camp Firewood? Should we go forward and beat the anonymously evil campers from Tigerclaw? Or should we just forget it? Please vote your preference in dodger blue.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Leaf them alone.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Zonugal went to town for some reason

*vomits into a bucket*

Why wouldn't you go to town?

*chugs a huge bottle of water*

Town is the place to visit.

*immediately vomits up the water into the bucket*

Town is... It's just the best.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm up for some Sports ball

I want to see where this goes

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    if you can't join them, beat them!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    why would 38thdoe not want us to win at sportsball?

should we not win at sportsball? i feel like we should have pride in the camp and want us to win.
    is it related to the plot of the film?