As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I finished up the ADV Boss Rush last night. I used BB Rem and a friend BB Rem without too much trouble with P. Cecil, Sylvie, Vaan, and XWQL. The hardest part was getting the resists right for the Ice Bird.

I used my coin and ticket to get WH Raegen and MI Lasswell both to 7* since I had one of each already. I will also setup an evade WC Ace for the Behemoth trial in favorites.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    My 10+1 "premium" ticket was all golds. Not sure why I get better rates with normal 10+1's. My 5* EX tickets were Tsukiko #1, Ardyn #3, Seifer #1, and King Edgar #6.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I'm saving everything for tomorrow honestly. I'd love to get Kuja since I love FF9. We'll see. Either way, I'll be pulling a lot of EX, 10+1, etc. I should have a minimum of 9 rainbows incoming.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I'm saving everything for tomorrow honestly. I'd love to get Kuja since I love FF9. We'll see. Either way, I'll be pulling a lot of EX, 10+1, etc. I should have a minimum of 9 rainbows incoming.

Might want to look into NV rates before blowing all the EX stuff. I know in JP, the 5* rate got boosted to 10% when NV hit. I don't know if that was just banner rates or if it counted EX tickets and stuff too though. And global could do something else entirely.

• Options
    I believe EX tickets cannot get NV on JP. You have to summon on banner to get them.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMN2hSLG8cM

Livestream on August 16th, 9PM EST

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I'm not looking forward to the Behemoth trial, it just looks so annoying. From what I can see, it's either full evade your team or have enough esper fill per turn to summon Golem every turn to survive the AoE physical damage, I don't even know if I can pull off either. Evade provoke tanking already cheeses me off with how effective, bordering on mandatory, it is and now it's "okay, now do it for your whole team!".

Just... ew. Funnily enough, this would be a great trial for King Bradley considering how easy it is to max evade on him, but 1) nowhere near meta for DPS, especially considering our fast forwarded power creep and 2) no one has him to use him anyway.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Yeah, it's gonna be a slog. I'm not sure if I can make Lucas bulky enough to handle the magic tanking. I do have Charlotte who I could enhance, or I could actually get around to 7*ing PCecil who will probably have the easiest time surviving. The subreddit has made a spreadsheet to check whether or not your magic tank can survive, which I will be tinkering with later:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/i40ysp/magic_tank_survival_check_for_behemoth_k/

• Options
    Ok, my team is set up for Behemoth K. Everyone has evade, WC Ace is ready to smash beasts/demons, and Lucas just might be able to pull off this tanking.

Gearing a whole team for evade is not super terrible when you have as many Colorful Leis as I have. I made sure not to use RoL for evade because I don't want to have to gear Lucas for Lightning (my chosen damage element) and Light resists since that cuts into his bulk significantly. I think the RoL Holy counter would trigger the Behemoth's elemental counters.

Those of you with evade WC Aces set up, are you using RoL for evade?

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Ok, my team is set up for Behemoth K. Everyone has evade, WC Ace is ready to smash beasts/demons, and Lucas just might be able to pull off this tanking.

Gearing a whole team for evade is not super terrible when you have as many Colorful Leis as I have. I made sure not to use RoL for evade because I don't want to have to gear Lucas for Lightning (my chosen damage element) and Light resists since that cuts into his bulk significantly. I think the RoL Holy counter would trigger the Behemoth's elemental counters.

Those of you with evade WC Aces set up, are you using RoL for evade?
    I did, but I was thinking the counters wouldn’t matter.... you are probably right though.

I’m using Rena to heal so I could use her light imbue. Bah. This isn’t going to go well.

• Options
    The Ring counters do, in fact, matter. If you're using it, your tank needs 220% light resistance as well. Now if you're using light as your damage element, then have at er.

I found I had way a nice selection of ice STMRs, so I'm going Ace with Ice damage. Turns out I also enough evade stuff that Charlotte has slightly more survivability if I also gear her for evade as well. Had to moogle some Colorful Leis to do it, but got all five units at 100%.

• Options
    I have to remember to take RoL off of my friend WC Ace once maintenance is over.

• Options
    Woo, got Fryevia and Monk Sabin's STMRs from summons today. Also got an extra Olive in prep for if she gets an NV form. Also got my first Orders Nichol who could prove useful.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I got a Flame of Rebirth Jake from one of the free 3* EX tickets. I got a Ramza from the free 4th Anniversary Premium summon.

• Options
    I got the EX shaft. Nothing on the free Premium 10+1 or the 10+1 ticket. The one 4* EX ticket we got came down rainbow as my only non-guaranteed rainbow of the batch.
    Tsukiko #6
    Black Mage Golbez #5
    Atoning Dragoon Kain #6
    Regis #3
    Warrior Galuf #1

Both 30% tickets from DV and the two 4* tickets we got were not rainbows, so I guess no Zenaida for me.

• Options
    I used all my "free" summons this morning: EX (with 12x 5*, 10x 4*, 9x 3*), 2x Premium 10+1, 2x 10+1.
    Results:2bjmls5fp4pw.jpg

• Options
    Tried Behemoth K with Lucas, and I just don't have the sheer amount of tank STMRs needed to keep him alive in the meteor phase. Got him down to 28% but then wiped. Ok, fine, guess I'll try out PCecil and his ridiculous 75% personal mitigation. On the plus side my PCecil easily gears for Ice and Light resist (thanks CGCharlotte STMR) so RoL counters won't be an issue. And, since he buffs his own elemental resists I can let Yuraisha focus on her other buffs.

• Options
    I’m holding off summoning with anything not time limited for a few weeks to see what’s coming wrt NV.

• Options
    Tried Behemoth again but got really unlucky with him resisting breaks. Got him to 10% but flubbed my rotation for PCecil and forgot to refresh my light/ice resist buffs and wiped. Ah well, will try again later.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Welp. not great today. Premium was nothing. The 5* 10+1 was Palom& Porom. And the two 5* ex tickets were an Olive and a Gilgamesh (original). Thank you Gumi.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Full clear in 24 turns, nice nice. Charlotte died once on me; on the transition threshold at 50%. But I did it on an even turn, which is a terrible idea. But it was my first go and I wanted to see how bad the damage was, so I just threw a re-raise on Charlotte and went for it instead of delaying a turn. Thankfully her double-cast comes back on raise, so she could immediately cover + 80% magic mitigation on the next turn.

Support unit MVPs were Vaan because triple-casting Full Breakdown every turn just meant I didn't even notice his break resistance. Seaside Nichol got his first ever use for alternating between ice resistance buff (with barrier if you can keep his LB up, pretty easy) and 50% magic resistance on Charlotte. Rena ended up casting dispel when Charlotte was in OK condition and then just full healing her when not.

Ace is great at this trial, both because of his innate evasion and because death barely bothers him at all. I think I did a big brain move with the death thresholds.
    Party order was: Ace, SS Nichol, Vaan, Charlotte, Rena, Friend Ace.

So Ace went down first, but when he comes back up, he can do Ice Imbue + Cut Cards. Cut Cards immediately unlocks his Exa Burst again, so he's right back at full damage the next round. Getting his death out early means I didn't need to worry about it in either the slightly harder end phase or tougher middle phase. Same thing with SS Nichol; he goes down and comes back up early when it doesn't matter.

Vaan and Charlotte had death immunity gear. I then made a gamble that paid off; Rena had Equip H Armor and Genji Armor for 50% resist death. All three never died.
    Then in the last phase the friend Ace goes down, but again, was back up the next round.

Which turned out to be the final round, as both Ace's chained their moves and Vaan did his LB to finish it for the kill with LB finish.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Yeah those premium "all gold" tickets and summons are all BS. This makes 2 tickets now with not a single rainbow on it. My Rainbow 10+1 was Ace #9, my 3 5* EX were Sephie #2, A Kefka #1, and Delita #3. The only good roll was my 10+1 which got me Ayaka #4 after 1.5 years now lol. I pretty much have 2 of Folka's STMR so it's not quite as great, but at least it's something.

I'm really interested in this live stream. I think it's going to be the 'keep playing' moment or not. If they do something to make NV better, but not just NV, but plans to improve the overall game for the future.

• Options
    hmmm looks like there a FFRK collab at the end of the month. So maybe NV's being pushed into September.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    hmmm looks like there a FFRK collab at the end of the month. So maybe NV's being pushed into September.

The FFRK collab in JP was just a free unit + Item World; the banner attached to it was the Sayaka + Siegnacio banner, I believe. The unit was already of the free trash-tier variety.
    I don't see it stopping NV for any reason; there's already going to be non-NV banners happening after NV unless Gumi is going to rapid-drop the entire CG Season 3 cast right in a row to get them out.
    But that would mean no NV until like October.

• Options
    We also have another MK this month, which is either a skipped collab (Trials of Mana), something GLEX (possibly NV/unit design contest related? This is the least likely scenario, but it could even be a GLEX MK with all GLEX units giving bonus and the introduction of new NV Elena and NV awakenings for some GLEX units), or NV Cloud. I'd bet on NV Cloud.

• Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if they launched NV with the Kingdom Hearts collab either; those usually come very quickly after JP gets them. I must assume the licensing on it is the cause.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if they launched NV with the Kingdom Hearts collab either; those usually come very quickly after JP gets them. I must assume the licensing on it is the cause.

Yeah, and the KH event is, indeed, an MK. I forgot about that very real possibility. I'd say it's about 50/50 chances between NV Cloud and NV KH stuff being first.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I actually got a couple of STMRs from today's tickets, Prishe and Ardyn. I guess it's nice to have another STMR-level fist, but Ardyn's STMR is a pretty awesome ribbon with massive offensive stats.

• Options
    Oh that reminds me I also grabbed DM Exdeath's STMR today while throwing a couple tickets at Kuja's banner. I'll take it, magical killers are hard to come by and it gives 50% to humans, insects, and plants along with 60% unconditional MAG.

• Options
    Is there a list of cheap abilities to awaken to +1 or +2 for the coin?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Is there a list of cheap abilities to awaken to +1 or +2 for the coin?

All of the original story units. OG Fina has an ability that costs a single cryst to awaken.

• Options
    I saw a list on reddit posted this morning. Lemme get the link for that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/i4uu0u/awaken_4_abilities_to_1_or_2_budget_guide/

• Options
    edited August 2020
    There we go, Behemoth K down, all missions. No deaths outside of the unavoidable ones. PCecil is just leaps and bounds better than every other magic tank, huh? I hope that Lucas gets some killer enhancements (or even an NV maybe?) come Christmas time, but seeing how dirty they did Tiana and Felix, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Here's to hoping that King Behemy is a magic tank. I would much prefer using a magic tank whose sprite I like more than pretty boy Cecil.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Well, just got Kuja from the daily half-price summon. Don't think I'll UoC his prism yet but it's nice to have that option.

• Options
    These coins are kind of agonizing. On one hand ML Lasswell or Odin Raegen both have nice additions like killers for MMXon to steal and in Lasswells case some nice party support. However if NV is really coming in the next 2 months, feels like kind of a waste for a unit that'll probably be way outclassed.

Something like Summer Folka/Citra's STMR is just universally good but then I'm left with the units I have.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I'm considering using my coins to 7* Orders Nichol and get PGLasswell's STMR in prep for NV. That will give me a nice support option and set me up nicely for the future. Even if NV awakenings are changed in global, I have a feeling you'll still at least need the STMR for the unit unlocked, so I feel like it's a safe bet. Probably use the unit coin for Nichol to grab an extra copy of his TMR for resists and the prism of PGLasswell.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I too like Orders Nichol, just not sure when I'll use him since Sylvie seems to go everywhere with me. Have 4 PG Lasswell's right now, so I not sure about investing more till we know more.

The unit list just kind of sucks for me as well. If they were going old units, it would be nice to have more of them. I've been on 3 Basch and 3 Emp Shera for 2 years now. Or if it's more new units, have more of them. Kimono Ayaka would be an easy STMR and then I could grab Order's Nichol.

EDIT: Could just go both Orders, with Nichol and Sakura. Though with Ace/Rem using physical killers, lowers her value.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I used the prism to get a second Zeno STMR, so many TDW units that can use katanas, and it’s pretty great.

But the unit coin...
    PG Lasswell #9 in case NV is the same in GL
    OR MI Lasswell #2 for TMR and a (briefly) useful unit
    OR Chocobo Fina TMR and STMR
    OR Akstar STMR

Edit: I should probably grab PG Lasswell, but it’s hard to get excited about that. So probably going to go with Fina

maraji on
  • Options
    So I did a probably dumb and went in 25k for Kuja. My justification to myself is that there aren't any out there NV mages from what I can see besides Sol. And he's still a bit out anyway.
    And Kuja is close enough to an NV unit, so it's probably fine. No way will I regret this next week after the livestream.

Anyway, the 3rd step off-banner rainbow was Hallowed Aegis Charlotte, which was the 3rd unit I had sitting around at 5* that I could get from the coin/prism. So that solved nicely; so I picked up my second copy of WH Raegan and Epsilon Nichol. So those will be nice for the next DV, hopefully.

I have a funny feeling that next week is going to be a DV though. If the 20th MK event is Neo Visions like expected, I have to imagine Gumi will want to throw out one more DV to tempt people into going for Zenaida/Kuja while their banners are up. Squeeze out that last drop of lapis from the people who care enough about DV ranks before Neo Visions hits.

• Options
    Depending on what the news brings, I will be UoC'ing Zenaida. I'm not sure if her STMR is worth a moogle or not. I don't think there is an accessory that comes near it, even now in JP.