As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter Thread 5

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Phasen wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    We've betrayed our allies, destroyed relationships in place since the Revolutionary War, and ruined any kind of trust in us because in any given four years we can easily go batshit insane.

Our own troops are hunted for cash prizes put in place by Russia, China is slowly putting the rest of the world in a chokehold through having its fingers in all the pies we took ours out of, and we've actively worked to fracture the hope for global environmental change to the point where I'm not sure if there's going to be a future or if we've hit endgame for the human race regardless of what we try because it'll be too little too late.

I cannot call Trump anything but the worst president in all of history

He doesn't own slaves that we know of.

There was an investigative story developing during the summer of 2016 about how his beauty pageants were basically just underage sex slavery rings but that shit got buried really, really hard come September of that year. There was a lot of Epstein involvement, too, from what I remember.

It's possible that wasn't true, but the rate it got shoved under the rug was pretty startling.

Well I think there is some minimization of what is considered bad. We had many presidents that engaged in chattel slavery. Is there worse than Trump being ambivalent as to whether there are bounties on his own soldiers, lest I remind you most presidents sent soldiers off to die for nothing more than securing better prices for oil.

Yeah Trump sucks, but worst? Not even in the top 10!

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    We've betrayed our allies, destroyed relationships in place since the Revolutionary War, and ruined any kind of trust in us because in any given four years we can easily go batshit insane.

Our own troops are hunted for cash prizes put in place by Russia, China is slowly putting the rest of the world in a chokehold through having its fingers in all the pies we took ours out of, and we've actively worked to fracture the hope for global environmental change to the point where I'm not sure if there's going to be a future or if we've hit endgame for the human race regardless of what we try because it'll be too little too late.

He's not even the worst president in my lifetime. If he gets a second term maybe, but Bush did all that shit too. He fucked up the response to Katrina. Lied to start the war in Iraq, put the economy into a recession.

Trump fucked Maria up just as hard- probably harder honestly, then got another 90k+ Americans killed for funsies and put the economy into a Depression. Like if you made soup out of Nixon, Regan and Bush (both of them) then let it sit and go rancid for a bit that's Trump. There's a good chance a city in the ME goes up in nuclear fire in a decade or two, and Trump's dumbfuckery with Iran and selling nuclear tech to Saudi Arabia will have helped make it happen.

His one saving grace is he hasn't started a large war because he doesn't want to make that call- same reason DACA still exists. He wants it gone, but also wants to pretend he's totally in favor of it, so. I give him points for that, then deduct like half of them for almost starting Korean War Mk2, which would be...bad. (see also: Iran)

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

There was an investigative story developing during the summer of 2016 about how his beauty pageants were basically just underage sex slavery rings but that shit got buried really, really hard come September of that year. There was a lot of Epstein involvement, too, from what I remember.

It's possible that wasn't true, but the rate it got shoved under the rug was pretty startling.

Well I think there is some minimization of what is considered bad. We had many presidents that engaged in chattel slavery. Is there worse than Trump being ambivalent as to whether there are bounties on his own soldiers, lest I remind you most presidents sent soldiers off to die for nothing more than securing better prices for oil.

This is a weird argument to make as thousands of people die every day because of him

edited August 2020
    Oghulk wrote: »

This is a weird argument to make as thousands of people die every day because of him

In a worst president kinda argument? Sorry I do not think so. If bush were in office It would not be much different. He would weigh the lives of blue areas and shrug like Katrina.

Phasen on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    It's a weird argument to have to be honest.

Like, as far as I know no one here works for Buzzfeed, so we don't actually have to quantify and rank atrocities in a neat list format.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »
    It's a weird argument to have to be honest.

Like, as far as I know no one here works for Buzzfeed, so we don't actually have to quantify and rank atrocities in a neat list format.

I think the more interesting aspect of the argument is the propaganda to get to Trump is the worst president ever, in spite of all the presidents that committed out and out genocide while also being slave owners.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    as republican presidents go, trump is one of the better ones

sure he eats hamburgers in the white house but he hasn't like, started a genocidal war of extermination. i'd rather have him than bush or reagan

The fuck he hasn't. It's just domestic.

Kushner and co. were entirely prepared to do basically fuck all about the virus because they were convinced it would only impact cities and other politically liberal areas. They straight up didn't care about folks like us getting sick and dying because we're their political rivals.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm less interested in signing Atrocity Points to each action taken by a sitting president than I am with the honestly dangerous idea that Trump is somehow a unique anomaly in our national history, because everyone becomes so laser focused on getting him out of office that they quite literally don't care about the actual issues that are causing people real tangible damage.

I'm not laying that on anyone in here specifically, but the number of times I've seen people dismiss the oncoming climate disaster, our for profit healthcare system destroying lives, the modern day slavery inherent in our prison systems, etc and so on as secondary issues because the all consuming most important issue is "Orange man bad" is wildly frustrating

People are treating him as The Problem, as opposed to a symptom of issues that have existed for decades under both Republican and Democratic presidents for a very long time

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Trump is just a symptom in the long list of symptoms the right is causing to not just the US, but the whole fucking world.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    american exceptionalism has a cost, it turns out

Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm less interested in signing Atrocity Points to each action taken by a sitting president than I am with the honestly dangerous idea that Trump is somehow a unique anomaly in our national history, because everyone becomes so laser focused on getting him out of office that they quite literally don't care about the actual issues that are causing people real tangible damage.

I'm not laying that on anyone in here specifically, but the number of times I've seen people dismiss the oncoming climate disaster, our for profit healthcare system destroying lives, the modern day slavery inherent in our prison systems, etc and so on as secondary issues because the all consuming most important issue is "Orange man bad" is wildly frustrating

People are treating him as The Problem, as opposed to a symptom of issues that have existed for decades under both Republican and Democratic presidents for a very long time

It's shitty for people to dismiss it for sure. But different people do weight those problems differently. Like to be frank if Trump passed a significant climate bill with a carbon tax and public investment in sustainable energy I'd vote for Republicans over Democrats, but that's not a thing that is or will happen.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Biden is correct in that the Latino community is extremely diverse in circumstances and beliefs. Its how you get Cuban American Republicans. Its highly objectionable to not view African Americans the same and is another symptom of the Democrats taking everyone for granted.

In American discourse black and Afrivan American get switched around so much that it is hard to know what the speaker means.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    There's nothing I weight higher than things to combat climate change. It's a threat to the world at large, not just this one country. Let it get out of control, if it already hasn't, and literally nothing else matters because humanity will cease to exist along with all their self-made problems.

edited August 2020

Fuckin lol. How are they planning to enforce this? Also how badly will Riot, Grinding Gear Games, Actiblizzard and Epic throw fire at the administration for this shit?

Pinfeldorf on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This is gonna be interesting to watch because that's a lot of money he's fucking up because he hates China.

Anyway, yeah, how is this going to be enforced and by whom? With what penalties?

AFAIK there isn't even a government agency with the jurisdiction to do it other than maybe the FBI, and they're definitely not equipped for this kind of shit.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Trump is signing EO's about social media apps under the call of "national emergency" but the fucking pandemic sweeping the nation he says will "go away."

His feelings are SO HURT by social media.

Tech illiteracy at its finest.

Series of tubes.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    8ltzs7msr3bi.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    8ltzs7msr3bi.png

I don’t know what this is and I’m fascinated by it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Looks like a scene from Mario's Time Machine, maybe? I can't remember if I ever played it.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wasn’t sure what thread I was in for a minute. That would make a pretty solid epyc entry

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

Seattle, I believe? Not sure.
    Nope it's Portland.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nice to see Pre-Crime making progress even with the limitation of Pre-Cogs being 100% fictional.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Nope it's Portland.

"Well we weren't planning on it, but you are making a good case for it..."

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Nope it's Portland.

"Well we weren't planning on it, but you are making a good case for it..."

"We believe your intention is to tear gas us and fire rubber bullets at our heads no matter what we do."

Called police over criminal act.

Black tape present but badge numbers uncovered.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

Fuckin lol. How are they planning to enforce this? Also how badly will Riot, Grinding Gear Games, Actiblizzard and Epic throw fire at the administration for this shit?

Not just the games industry, but movies too.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.

White people voted for a guy named Barack Hussein Obama. Even if you explain him as being half white, the old order was gone.

Karl Rove and the Koch brothers have gone from kingmakers to seeing total wipes of all their sponsored candidates in various elections.

Trump and friends played the game well, but they did recognize that there was a new game to be played.

Now if only the democrats would pick up a rulebook.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I think Obama running as a progressive and governing like a centrist Democrat and being a war hawk probably turned off a lot new Democrats

I'll be surprised if we ever see an excited surge of voters for any candidate comparable to the Obama campaign ever again

DouglasDanger on
    I think Obama running as a progressive and governing like a centrist Democrat and being a war hawk probably turned off a lot new Democrats

I'll be surprised if we ever see an excited surge of voters for any candidate comparable to the Obama campaign ever again

I find it hard to get behind Obama as a war hawk.

But his domestic and foreign policy failings do present an obstacle for any future democratic candidate.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Obama drone striked a whole lot of fucking people.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Look the situation on the ground in [PLACE NAME] is very fluid and dynamic and as a result sometimes you have to blow all the arms and legs off a schoolbus full of children and then circle back around and blow up the first responders then come back later in the week and blow up the funeral procession for the children and first responders, over and over and over and over and over again forever

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Obama also failed to address the domestic human rights failures and crimes of the Bush regime, and in some cases did exactly the opposite of what he promised

And now his sidekick and hype man for all of that bullshit is running for president

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    War Hawk actually means a thing and, for all of the fucked up shit Obama was responsible for during the GWOT, doesn't quite apply to him.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I literally had no idea Grey's Anatomy was still on until randomly hearing something about it having an episode/season? about Covid recently. I was astonished.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Decided to make that breakdown of police budget by population for the top 20 cities in the US

4x8s9b2e4lxj.png

San Francisco wins for stupidly large budget despite population size (Washington has a national guard that's included), while Columbus and Indianapolis win for worst budget websites.

This discussion has been closed.