As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for Clarity. [ Monitors ]

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I couldn't handle looking above an off monitor for gaming. I suppose if you had a big enough area, you could do a lazy suzan type thing where you could rotate one monitor facing away from you and the other towards you. Then rotate between them. But normally folks have desks right up against the wall so that would be tough. Maybe some sort of left to right slider, to slide the monitors back and forth.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I *thought* I saw some monitor controls during Linus's sponsored video that showed you could divy up the monitor into smaller screens...presumably for situations that didn't support ultrawide.

EDIT: rewatched Linus's video and it wasn't there. Can't remember where I saw it now.

VoodooV on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I *thought* I saw some monitor controls during Linus's sponsored video that showed you could divy up the monitor into smaller screens...presumably for situations that didn't support ultrawide.

EDIT: rewatched Linus's video and it wasn't there. Can't remember where I saw it now.

The fact that picture-in-picture or similar features seem to be missing from a lot of ultrawide monitors perplexes me a bit. I assume it's a cost cutting measure that most people don't use anyway, and ultrawide monitors aren't exactly known for being feature-rich compared to conventional aspect ratio offerings--they're sold on, "Check out how fucking wide this monitor is," and occasionally high refresh rates.

I checked out the manual and it has PIP and Picture By Picture and you can appear to force 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9 if need be.

If it appears that I'm drooling over this monitor, that's because I am. Just got a new job though so I'm still in spending lockdown....but in 6 months?

I checked out the manual and it has PIP and Picture By Picture and you can appear to force 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9 if need be.

If it appears that I'm drooling over this monitor, that's because I am. Just got a new job though so I'm still in spending lockdown....but in 6 months?

So....they were recalled.

Which I probably should've expected, but did not.

edited August 2020
    Yeah, Linus did a followup video where he mentions it. Some HDR flickering defect, but do you have a source on that? Linus says they're just doing additional testing. I'm seeing articles about temporarily suspending sales and a lot of unconfirmed reports of recall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDMlKOKr9bA

https://phonemantra.com/samsung-stops-selling-giant-odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-due-to-manufacturing-defect/

Huh. also seeing a reddit article where some people are reporting a glue issue where the bezel starts to peel and unstick which looks awful

Oh well. plenty of time to fix these issues before I can even conceivably consider buying.

VoodooV on
    The panel is VA?

That is hilarious. Like, seriously. I had no idea.

I guess that's why the color reproduction and contrast wasn't stand-out--it wasn't bad, but it wasn't considered "this monitor costs as much as two very expensive monitors" special. Plus, it's a curved monitor--if it has VA's poor viewing angles hardly matters because...curved monitors have terrible viewing angles unless you're sitting exactly where you should be. They wouldn't like in the PC Building thread.

The issues described a very common to HDR monitors (I have to take specific measures to void flickering on my BenQ with HDR emulation active, and yes, it's mildly annoying). It's good to hear they're not being recalled.

Also, I guess you can't mount it on an arm, which a lot of people swear by (troublesome installation aside, I really like gas-powered arm now that it's working), but it looks like it has a competent stand and there's pretty much only one acceptable sitting position for it anyway.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Samsung's expertise is in VA (all of their TV panels are VA), so that isn't surprising. Generally gets you better contrast than IPS, at the tradeoff of viewing angles.

a5ehren wrote: »
    Samsung's expertise is in VA (all of their TV panels are VA), so that isn't surprising. Generally gets you better contrast than IPS, at the tradeoff of viewing angles.

No, it's not surprising. It's funny because Samsung's IPS monitors (PLS as they call it) are more prominent though, especially in this market.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Synthesis wrote: »
    The panel is VA?

I guess that's why the color reproduction and contrast wasn't stand-out--it wasn't bad, but it wasn't considered "this monitor costs as much as two very expensive monitors" special. Plus, it's a curved monitor--if it has VA's poor viewing angles hardly matters because...curved monitors have terrible viewing angles unless you're sitting exactly where you should be. They wouldn't like in the PC Building thread.

The issues described a very common to HDR monitors (I have to take specific measures to void flickering on my BenQ with HDR emulation active, and yes, it's mildly annoying). It's good to hear they're not being recalled.

Also, I guess you can't mount it on an arm, which a lot of people swear by (troublesome installation aside, I really like gas-powered arm now that it's working), but it looks like it has a competent stand and there's pretty much only one acceptable sitting position for it anyway.

This isn't entirely true. Some of us like our curved monitors!

Also, Samsungs VA panels are, for lack of a better term, fucking outstanding. I have an IPS and VA next to each other and the VA is the better of the two.

jungleroomx on
    The panel is VA?

Also, Samsungs VA panels are, for lack of a better term, fucking outstanding. I have an IPS and VA next to each other and the VA is the better of the two.

It's entirely true. I've seen how they react to VA panels. Curved has nothing to do with it. :lol:

But VA panels are totally welcome here. Though I have to say, your anecdotal comparison piques my interest--it mostly sounds like you have a shit IPS panel more than a good VA panel, but that's entirely based on age, model, and any number of other things.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The panel is VA?

It's entirely true. I've seen how they react to VA panels. Curved has nothing to do with it. :lol:

But VA panels are totally welcome here. Though I have to say, your anecdotal comparison piques my interest--it mostly sounds like you have a shit IPS panel more than a good VA panel, but that's entirely based on age, model, and any number of other things.

And yeah, my IPS is a bit older and cheaper, but modern VA panels have some very nice things about them. The ghosting/smudging on 60 fps locked games is probably not one of them, but I barely notice it anymore.

And as of late, that knowledge is spreading to our thread as well. Hell, this reply is being typed up on a Samsung CH70.

edited August 2020
    The panel is VA?

And yeah, my IPS is a bit older and cheaper, but modern VA panels have some very nice things about them. The ghosting/smudging on 60 fps locked games is probably not one of them, but I barely notice it anymore.

And as of late, that knowledge is spreading to our thread as well. Hell, this reply is being typed up on a Samsung CH70.

Yeah, it's entirely possible, contrary to outside opinion. That'd be like saying, "Yeah, you can't get an IPS panel with response times better than most VA panels." Which is bullshit. As noted a page back, there's a reason a percentage of people still buy VA panels as oppose to...CRTs, which aside from almost never being manufactured anymore, are an extremely specific market. Most are probably cost-related versus performance, but there are others.

Really, in the point of color reproduction...you'd be really hard pressed to find equivalently priced IPS and VA panels, from the same year, of the same size where the IPS wouldn't have a notable advantage. But color reproduction, like HDR capability, isn't everything. It's just a very big deal. :lol:

Synthesis on
    The reduced viewing angles on a VA monitor wouldn't matter so much on a curved gaming monitor meant for one person at one spot, right? (I never knew VA existed until I heard about this monitor)

I mean I don't think I would get a curved monitor for a regular living room TV, and my initial reaction to a curved gaming monitor was met with heavy skepticism, but after Linus explained why curved can be good for gaming monitors, that's when I started to consider the possibility of getting this beast.

The reduced viewing angles on a VA monitor wouldn't matter so much on a curved gaming monitor meant for one person at one spot, right? (I never knew VA existed until I heard about this monitor)

I mean I don't think I would get a curved monitor for a regular living room TV, and my initial reaction to a curved gaming monitor was met with heavy skepticism, but after Linus explained why curved can be good for gaming monitors, that's when I started to consider the possibility of getting this beast.

No, with curved monitors you're pretty much committing to one very specific viewing position. This is probably why curved TVs didn't take off, along other things.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

No, with curved monitors you're pretty much committing to one very specific viewing position. This is probably why curved TVs didn't take off, along other things.

I just got a 32" curved monitor recently. I have no issues from anywhere I'd normally sit at while using my PC. It does bother my kids once in a while when they're trying to stand off to the side and watch what I'm doing though, so hey.

Wouldn't at all be interested in a curved tv, but realistically I am only ever at one position while sitting at my desk so it wasn't too much of a ponder before pulling the trigger. Took a couple of days to get used to, but I'm loving it now.

Ketar wrote: »

I just got a 32" curved monitor recently. I have no issues from anywhere I'd normally sit at while using my PC. It does bother my kids once in a while when they're trying to stand off to the side and watch what I'm doing though, so hey.

Wouldn't at all be interested in a curved tv, but realistically I am only ever at one position while sitting at my desk so it wasn't too much of a ponder before pulling the trigger. Took a couple of days to get used to, but I'm loving it now.

Even the "ideal" image on curved monitors is very mildly off-putting to me--I know it's not actually a flat, straight panel, and it bothers me. Moving away from that position just makes it much worse.

I'm also very nearsighted, with a high glasses prescription, so maybe that's aggravating it.

That's...what I said. We're agreeing.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If I understand what I’m reading here everyone seems super down on VA?

I actually came to check before a purchase here. Price is important for this purchase so I’ve been looking and looking trying to find a sweet spot. I found the AOC Q27G2U - flat, 27 inch, 1ms, sync, 144hz, 1440p with a Samsung VA panel. From what I’d gathered VA is the inbetween choice between TN and IPS.

I’d like an IPS screen because I do design work and better color reproduction wouldn’t be bad... But I want all of those other things too and I don’t want to pay 150 dollars extra for ips.

PSN: Honkalot
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Even the "ideal" image on curved monitors is very mildly off-putting to me--I know it's not actually a flat, straight panel, and it bothers me. Moving away from that position just makes it much worse.

I'm also very nearsighted, with a high glasses prescription, so maybe that's aggravating it.

In a weird way, I remember the opposite of this when we went from convex CRT to flat screen CRT. It took my eyes some time to adjust to flatness.

steam_sig.png( < . . .

That's...what I said. We're agreeing.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. "No," as in, "It doesn't matter." I can see how negative sounds though.
    Drovek wrote: »

In a weird way, I remember the opposite of this when we went from convex CRT to flat screen CRT. It took my eyes some time to adjust to flatness.

There are people who prefer earlier CRTs for this reason. For me it was mostly a matter of "Resolution over 1028 x 768", but admittedly I had really cheap options available at the time.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    If I understand what I’m reading here everyone seems super down on VA?

I actually came to check before a purchase here. Price is important for this purchase so I’ve been looking and looking trying to find a sweet spot. I found the AOC Q27G2U - flat, 27 inch, 1ms, sync, 144hz, 1440p with a Samsung VA panel. From what I’d gathered VA is the inbetween choice between TN and IPS.

I’d like an IPS screen because I do design work and better color reproduction wouldn’t be bad... But I want all of those other things too and I don’t want to pay 150 dollars extra for ips.

We are not all down on VA. The best VA panels can be as good as or better than the best ips panels, depending on what you are looking for.

IPS have better color reproduction, but VA have better back levels and contrast. VA usually have better refresh rates but lower response time. Emphasis on usually though. Samsung's monitors that just came out have better response times than almost everything else on the market.

VA panels tend to suffer from backlight bleed around the edges, whereas IPS tend to have poorer color consistency across a panel.

A lot of this comes down to the specific panrl/SKU, so I would encourage you to read or watch in depth reviews for the monitors you are interested.

The panel is VA?

Yeah, it's entirely possible, contrary to outside opinion. That'd be like saying, "Yeah, you can't get an IPS panel with response times better than most VA panels." Which is bullshit. As noted a page back, there's a reason a percentage of people still buy VA panels as oppose to...CRTs, which aside from almost never being manufactured anymore, are an extremely specific market. Most are probably cost-related versus performance, but there are others.

Really, in the point of color reproduction...you'd be really hard pressed to find equivalently priced IPS and VA panels, from the same year, of the same size where the IPS wouldn't have a notable advantage. But color reproduction, like HDR capability, isn't everything. It's just a very big deal. :lol:

The QLED panel I have (again, Samsung is killing it) is fairly high with regards to color accuracy. I think it was the reason I went with it to begin with, and tbh I was not disappointed at all.

Yeah, don't go for a display because it uses a certain tech, go for a display because it meets your expectations for performance and price. Think about which performance metrics are important to you (color, response times, refresh rate, whatever) and choose a display based on that.

LD50 wrote: »
    Yeah, don't go for a display because it uses a certain tech, go for a display because it meets your expectations for performance and price. Think about which performance metrics are important to you (color, response times, refresh rate, whatever) and choose a display based on that.

QLED, 1 ms (grey to grey I'm assuming), 144hz, 1440p, 27", HDR600, and Freesync for $400 was a deal I couldn't let go, yeah.

And this is why I've been saying for literally years, "Try and see a monitor in person before you bought it."

I lucked up with BenQ considering I broke that rule. Though I did have to swap it out on account of dead pixels.

And this is why I've been saying for literally years, "Try and see a monitor in person before you bought it."

I lucked up with BenQ considering I broke that rule. Though I did have to swap it out on account of dead pixels.

Well, in that case, since I am actually seriously considering that G9 down the road. Where do you think I could go to see a monitor like that in person? I live in Nebraska. The nearest Micro Center is 3 hours away and I'm guessing they wouldn't have something like that on display. But then again, I have yet to visit a Micro Center so I really don't know.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Installed the AOC monitor last night and going from an 11 year old 1080p tv/monitor to this 1440p VA panel sure makes a lot of difference.

The image quality is very good, but of course I would think that about basically anything in this situation.

Nvidia control panel says that I have gsync running but hilariously I saw immense tearing in GTFO when I tried that. I’ve rarely seen tearing ever before so this was a lot. Had to turn vsync on to remove it. Not sure what’s causing that issue but GTFO has problems so I’ll probably install something else to try more.

PSN: Honkalot
    edited August 2020

Well, in that case, since I am actually seriously considering that G9 down the road. Where do you think I could go to see a monitor like that in person? I live in Nebraska. The nearest Micro Center is 3 hours away and I'm guessing they wouldn't have something like that on display. But then again, I have yet to visit a Micro Center so I really don't know.

Probably no where, unfortunately. It's a darling of the internet and tech culture right now, but saying it has "a potential 1% market share product" would be a gross over-exaggeration. $1700US PC monitors, on the whole, are understandably rare tech products--when they're gigantic curved displays, that only makes them rarer. Case in point--the lower-end G7, at half the price (or less) is actually probably something you'd see in a Microcenter if not a Best Buy or other big-box tech outlet. Curved monitors are just not that popular in any retail outlets compared to a few years back even when they don't cost almost two grand--much less one that was pulled off the store shelves in a lot of countries because of a defect or three. The fact that they probably are already dedicating other floor space to Samsung monitors--the kind people actually buy, and not just look at, and probably won't return in less than a week due to the issues you see in a 4-foot-wide monitor--only makes it less attractive as a retail product at somewhere like Best Buy.

Of course, you could always call them and ask. I'm just pretty sure what their answer would be.

Synthesis on
    The only deal breaker right now is the flickering with HDR (G9)

I've heard its a standard-setter

I don't see how a $1700 monitor is setting standards for anything besides other monitors approaching two grand.

Aside from being four feet wide--an impressive and extremely specific feature--everything else in the monitor is done by models, in some cases for years now, and some at an even higher cost but at least with a reputation for reliability (granted, the examples I'm thinking of have professional-tier color reproduction and accuracy that the G9 can't even compare with, it's basically in the same tier as my BenQ in that case).

I don't see how a $1700 monitor is setting standards for anything besides other monitors approaching two grand.

Aside from being four feet wide--an impressive and extremely specific feature--everything else in the monitor is done by models, in some cases for years now, and some at an even higher cost but at least with a reputation for reliability (granted, the examples I'm thinking of have professional-tier color reproduction and accuracy that the G9 can't even compare with, it's basically in the same tier as my BenQ in that case).

There's another QLED 240hz GSync gaming monitor with a 1000R curve? It doesn't have the color reproduction of professional monitors but it does have 125% sRGB/92% Adobe RGB/95% DCI-P3, with 10 bit color over 240hz. QDEF isn't some marketing bullshit and actually does something.

The only thing it doesn't have is full array local dimming.

edited August 2020

There's another QLED 240hz GSync gaming monitor with a 1000R curve? It doesn't have the color reproduction of professional monitors but it does have 125% sRGB/92% Adobe RGB/95% DCI-P3, with 10 bit color over 240hz. QDEF isn't some marketing bullshit and actually does something.

So, in other words, being as big as it is (unless that curve is somehow feasible on a smaller and much more consumer-accessible monitor, which...I don't think?). Samsung has a whole line-up of other QLED monitors with Freesync (in fact, I'm pretty sure all of them have VRR, it's just that Gsync isn't the star it used to be), and ASUS, BenQ, LG and others all produce 240hz Gsync monitors, a few of which have much superior color reproduction (and, to be fair, aren't too far off in price).

I guess we'll see if Samsung's QDEF actually takes off from their TV line to monitors. Or if the G9 becomes a "standard setter" or what it is now, an extremely high-end piece of equipment that will be replaced by other extremely high-end pieces of equipment that are better (but don't have much greater market-penetration). It doesn't look like going to set any standards in what is, as far as I known, the most consistent market for +$1000 monitors: industry-grade media production and editing.

And on top of that, while it's rare, Acer, LG, and HP's Omen brand all have monitors with local dimming. As well as the Samsung G7, humorously enough.

Synthesis on
    edited August 2020

So, in other words, being as big as it is (unless that curve is somehow feasible on a smaller and much more consumer-accessible monitor, which...I don't think?). Samsung has a whole line-up of other QLED monitors with Freesync (in fact, I'm pretty sure all of them have VRR, it's just that Gsync isn't the star it used to be), and ASUS, BenQ, LG and others all produce 240hz Gsync monitors, a few of which have much superior color reproduction (and, to be fair, aren't too far off in price).

I guess we'll see if Samsung's QDEF actually takes off from their TV line to monitors. Or if the G9 becomes a "standard setter" or what it is now, an extremely high-end piece of equipment that will be replaced by other extremely high-end pieces of equipment that are better (but don't have much greater market-penetration). It doesn't look like going to set any standards in what is, as far as I known, the most consistent market for +$1000 monitors: industry-grade media production and editing.

And on top of that, while it's rare, Acer, LG, and HP's Omen brand all have monitors with local dimming. As well as the Samsung G7, humorously enough.

The curve, once it works on one panel, will work on all panels regardless of how big they are. 1000R describes the radius of the circle the monitor would fit on. The G7 has a 1000R curve on both sizes.

I'm looking specifically for a VRR 240hz 1440p 1ms with HDR1000 in BenQ's, LG'd, and ASUS's and I'm having problems finding anything

jungleroomx on
    edited August 2020

The curve, once it works on one panel, will work on all panels regardless of how big they are. 1000R describes the radius of the circle the monitor would fit on. The G7 has a 1000R curve on both sizes.

I'm looking specifically for a VRR 240hz 1440p 1ms with HDR1000 in BenQ's, LG'd, and ASUS's and I'm having problems finding anything

Is that desirable on a smaller size of curved monitor? Presumably so, or the G7 wouldn't feature it.

You shouldn't be limiting your selection to 1440p (even if the bulk of 240 hz monitors are 1440p, at least presently), but without exaggeration, I think virtually every monitor reaching 240 hz is equipped with variable refresh. However, most don't have HDR1000....because most monitors, in general, don't reach HDR1000. As previously noted, OLED monitors are not viable presently, and might be skipped entirely depending on panel solutions in the future. So I think the G9 may be the only monitor to simultaneously do 240 hz and HDR 1000?

That's notable, definitely. It's weaker in other aspects (color reproduction, pixel density), and there obviously are monitors that go past 240 hz refresh (we've had purchaseable 300 and 360 hz monitors for a year now, or longer?), but it's certainly unique with that. It's going to set a standard for something, it'll be "Does almost everything simultaneously," though admittedly not as good in any specific area as other monitors, while costing almost twice as much (though I suppose you could argue you're getting almost twice as much monitor).

EDIT: Acer does have a HDR 1000 monitor, with G-sync, at 200 hz! And it's even curved! But 240 > 200, and it's practically as expensive as the G9 (though not as humonogously huge, so considering it's QHD I suspect it'd beat it for pixel density).

Synthesis on
    edited August 2020

Is that desirable on a smaller size of curved monitor? Presumably so, or the G7 wouldn't feature it.

You shouldn't be limiting your selection to 1440p (even if the bulk of 240 hz monitors are 1440p, at least presently), but without exaggeration, I think virtually every monitor reaching 240 hz is equipped with variable refresh. However, most don't have HDR1000....because most monitors, in general, don't reach HDR1000. As previously noted, OLED monitors are not viable presently, and might be skipped entirely depending on panel solutions in the future. So I think the G9 may be the only monitor to simultaneously do 240 hz and HDR 1000?

That's notable, definitely. It's weaker in other aspects (color reproduction, pixel density), and there obviously are monitors that go past 240 hz refresh (we've had purchaseable 300 and 360 hz monitors for a year now, or longer?), but it's certainly unique with that. It's going to set a standard for something, it'll be "Does almost everything simultaneously," though admittedly not as good in any specific area as other monitors, while costing almost twice as much (though I suppose you could argue you're getting almost twice as much monitor).

EDIT: Acer does have a HDR 1000 monitor, with G-sync, at 200 hz! And it's even curved! But 240 > 200, and it's practically as expensive as the G9 (though not as humonogously huge, so considering it's QHD I suspect it'd beat it for pixel density).

If you mean ACER's Predator CG437K, you can't use G-Sync and HDR at the same time.

You can on the G9 and G7.

And honestly, I don't think the difference between something a bit more color accurate and something good enough (90%+ in any color gamut) will be a thing that people will choose over HDR and VRR for the same price.

The gaming quality of life enhancement using VRR, high refresh rate, fast pixel response, local dimming, HDR600+, and anything above 1080p is exceptional and should be the standard for any gaming monitor above $600. Curved is fine, I like mine, but that might be a preference thing.

jungleroomx on
    edited August 2020
    And honestly, I don't think the difference between something a bit more color accurate and something good enough (90%+ in any color gamut) will be a thing that people will choose over HDR and VRR for the same price.

Probably not. If you actually care about color reproduction and accuracy, there's really no choice: you're not going to pay $300 to $500 more for an inferior monitor just because it's really wide--because they certainly won't care about variable refresh at the highest possible framerate either.

This is very much a gaming monitor--which is the point. It's really not going to catch on for a production audience that's used to $1500 monitors. And it's not going to replace the 300 or 360 hz monitors, but that's a tiny audience I expect. I'm just not sure how many people looking for a jack-of-all-trades gaming monitor are prepared to drop almost $1700 before taxes for one, even if it isn't being recalled for occasional defects. But maybe it's selling out?

(You should definitely buy one and let us know. :winky: )

Synthesis on
    edited August 2020

Probably not. If you actually care about color reproduction and accuracy, there's really no choice: you're not going to pay $300 to $500 more for an inferior monitor just because it's really wide--because they certainly won't care about variable refresh at the highest possible framerate either.

This is very much a gaming monitor--which is the point. It's really not going to catch on for a production audience that's used to $1500 monitors. And it's not going to replace the 300 or 360 hz monitors, but that's a tiny audience I expect. I'm just not sure how many people looking for a jack-of-all-trades gaming monitor are prepared to drop almost $1700 before taxes for one, even if it isn't being recalled for occasional defects. But maybe it's selling out?

I just spent $500 on their previous models a few months ago and it's a stunning monitor (CHG70). 144hz, FreeSync 2, HDR600, 1440p, 90%+ color accuracy

I can only imagine what a few years of improvements have done, and I would purchase the G7 blind.

jungleroomx on

I just spent $500 on their previous models a few months ago and it's a stunning monitor (CHG70). 144hz, FreeSync 2, HDR600, 1440p, 90%+ color accuracy

I can only imagine what a few years of improvements have done, and I would purchase the G7 blind.

My main monitor was a 32" CHG70, and my old monitor was a 32" TN panel. I replaced the TN with the G7, and now my CHG70 is my second monitor.

I can actually mount my BenQ EW3280U on a gas mounting arm, which is more than you can say about the G9 I suspect.