As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    This is all I can think about every time I play Door Dash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0euMFAWF8

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    There's an achievement for winning five times in a row. That seems almost impossible

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I think this is an idea so blaringly obvious that it has to have been workshopped and found not fun enough to pass muster, but:

It feels like there ought to be a "shove" gesture. Not a massive physics kick, just a smack that forces the victim to ragdoll. (Maybe trying to shove someone makes you easier to grab from that angle?) Something to make, e.g. Perfect Match a bit deadlier once one of the tiles is swarming; following the crowd is a great strategy until there are so many people that the ones on the edge are basically guaranteed to eat a shove and fall.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I have no idea what twitch rivals is, but neat!

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Twitch streamers competing in tournaments for the most part. Watching people play Stardew Valley in a competitive way was a fun time. Apex Legends, League of Legends, Magic The Gathering and many others. They get Twitch employees to be broadcasters for a main channel and switch between the channels of the various streamers.

• Options
    I feel like that might be a bit hard to do since you can only queue as a group of 4

The devs have said they've heard about people wanting things like private matches (for things like streamers who want to play with their community and can fill out all 60 spots), but haven't made any sort of concrete statement on if anything like that will happen in the future afaik

• Options
    When doing Rivals for Apex Legends, Hyperscape and a couple other BRs they would have the teams enter public matches for a few hours. And report results and give points based on finishing placement and kills. Taking the top 5 or so results.

Since Fall Guys gives you different colored medallions based on how you finish a round they can determine points based on those medallions as well as on how many wins you can record in a period of time.

Although having a private server might mean better stability since players keep losing connection.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I just won a final round of Hex after ending up on the same last platform as the other guy and jumping maybe a millisecond later so he hit the goo first. This game good.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was doing pretty good on Hex but every time I fell, I would fall like 3 layers or more. :( Last time I couldn't even get up before the ground vanished and dunked me in the goo.

• Options
    I got my second win a bit ago, on the tail game I forget the name of. Was useless most of the game but grabbed it with like 5 seconds left. :P

Still haven't won on Hex, don't know when that'll happen. Still bad at it.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    I think this is an idea so blaringly obvious that it has to have been workshopped and found not fun enough to pass muster, but:

It feels like there ought to be a "shove" gesture. Not a massive physics kick, just a smack that forces the victim to ragdoll. (Maybe trying to shove someone makes you easier to grab from that angle?) Something to make, e.g. Perfect Match a bit deadlier once one of the tiles is swarming; following the crowd is a great strategy until there are so many people that the ones on the edge are basically guaranteed to eat a shove and fall.

I would haaaaate a shove action. Griefing would get absolutely out of control

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    One thing that's really grinding my gears with this game is grabable environment objects, I never know whether i'll be able to grab the thing i'm throwing myself at and pull myself up or if the devs arbitrarily decided it was ungrabbable and i got plummeting into the .. also i've yet to see anyone who wasn't obviously afk get eliminated in the tile memory matching game, they should just remove it.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    A group of streamers I enjoy watching will choose to sit on the wrong tile for a few seconds and then jump to the right one hoping to fool other players into thinking they are safe. It works and it is great every time.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know if i want a shove action but i think a few games want a little bit more player interaction than the game currently has

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I played the infection team game yesterday for the first time and had no idea what I was supposed to do.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I twice now have had a gigantic lead in Fall Mountain and choked like a SUCKER trying to grab the crown and I hate myself.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My number one suggestion for improving this game is leaning way harder into the Game Show concept, which is currently nonexistent.

I want high-strung Nintendo-style gibberish commentary during events, between round highlights with dumb graphics and random metrics splashed on screen, and when you get eliminated you should be able to bet your purple bits on guessing the winner. Give me a little bit of that Salty Bet/Blaseball motivation to stick around and watch Tony-TwoNuts69Blazeit as he struggles to ascend Slime Mountain.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Fall Mountain is my least favorite final game

If you fuck up one time, or start in the back and the frontrunners DON'T fuck up, you may as well quit out immediately because there's nothing you can do to get to the head of the pack

• Options
    my least favorite is hexa-gone, but that is entirely because it was literally the only final round that appeared for me day 1

I was convinced it was the only one in the game until I saw others on youtube

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    I just had my first win! 8 left in Fall Mountain, I got super bad luck with the balls, but fortunately the person in first bounced off the crown without grabbing it, then the next couple jumped as it was going up and missed, so I, coming up to the top in like 4th or 5th, was able to grab it when it came back down lol.
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I twice now have had a gigantic lead in Fall Mountain and choked like a SUCKER trying to grab the crown and I hate myself.

... sorry, @mxmarks

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I think Fall Mountain needs to be a lot longer and have more stuff towards the end that can fuck you up and give people behind you a chance to catch up.

Right now it's more of a Fall Hill than a Mountain.

• Options
    So just watched the end of a match where there were two people in the final game and it was a 1v1 Tail Tag game. The Tail games should be removed.

• Options
    I think the tail games are fun, personally

and 1v1 for the final round would make any of the options weird, frankly

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    this game was extremely frustrating for a little while, but I'm finally starting to get the hang of the timing on stuff to the point where it's come around to be enjoyable

got the the final tail game and then my server connection screwed up

• Options
    Some people are having fun with the color codes for the names during the post-game thing. I've seen one who would block out the entire thing with green when their name was visible, and one whose named showed up very large and underlined
    BA
    LL
    S

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah if you put http://www.whatever.com your name shows up as a big blue hyperlink of [whatever] from the example. Or it did, maybe that's been fixed. I think my favorite combo was Penis Connoisseur and Genital Genius.

• Options
    Random observation: technically Block Party and Slime Climb can be finals games. The latter just by virtue of the possibility of everyone getting eliminated, the former ... sort of by design? I've had a few instances where the number of eliminations to end the round were all but one remaining player. In reality, since so few people tend to get eliminated in that game, it's not ACTUALLY the final one, but it's at least possible.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I saw a I think 18 person Block Party eliminate all but 3 people and wind up with an absolute nailbiter Hexa-Gone.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i assume pc has the larger playerbase right vs ps4?

i heard that they want to add crossplay but it does not exist currently correct?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well literally everyone who has PS+ has it on PS4

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Once I mastered Slime Climb it became my favorite as it almost always leads directly to a finals match. Though my first time on Slime Climb I got the "share a hug" achievement as some jerk flung me to my death, the screencap is delightful.

Have also been mudered on Roll Out and Perfect Match. This game definitely does not need a shove button.

Team Tail Tag is crap because there's very little teamwork and even if you have a tail it may not make a difference. I think a "points for seconds holding a tail" would improve the game immensely, being able to increase the reward for mastery of the game as well as give some strategy to bullying the teams with more points (which is usually the strategy in egg collection)

Also I've now seen 11 player Fall Ball (that's the soccer one?) twice. Each time the side with the extra man won by 10+ goals and the losers never even scored. That is just the worst feeling and I've been on both sides of the issue

A tip to anyone struggling with moving obstacles (giant pendulum balls and moving rubber stacks mostly, some of the slower windmills) in the races: the majority of them are timed to make running straight through them impossible (except the last slope in Hit Parade - hug the wall and charge for the top). What you need to do is move forward at an angle which allows you to advance while also disrupting the timing of when the obstacles come near you. Never stop moving, if you're going SW to NE and you see a hit coming just alter course to NW to make sure you're avoiding the impact.

The same use of angles is how you get through the spinny hammers on the Tail Tag maps

See Saw tip: if you went left or right after a checkpoint and the see saw is never coming back down for you due to people on the other side - just jump off - you'll immediately respawn on the other side of the checkpoint and can hopefully cross on the lower half with the herd

Oh, and every team I've seen with players trying to run to the end and be a blocker in the team roll the ball game has lost horribly. Stick with your ball and keep it moving at all costs. Get to the end and have your whole team there to block the others if necessary.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    well literally everyone who has PS+ has it on PS4

Yeah I didnt know it was free for ps plus till shortly after that post, which is pretty great

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I've won a Fall Ball game when it my team had 4 players vs 5. It's not impossible. I'm pretty great at the ball games but they can be very team dependent, aye.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I just can never get a good feel for the physics on the balls so the only thing I can ever do on those that feels useful is when it happens to roll directly into me and bounce off

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Some people are having fun with the color codes for the names during the post-game thing. I've seen one who would block out the entire thing with green when their name was visible, and one whose named showed up very large and underlined
    BA
    LL
    S

two nights ago I played with someone that did that with the n word...so the internet is still the internet.

They need to fix that shit asap.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So I played my first match of fall guys. Almost got eliminated in the first round as I got used to how it controlled, but then made it to the finals. Much to my excitement I got a solid lead in the race for the crown, then with no one in sight I jumped for it... only to bounce off

It was then I realized that I needed to press the grab button. There goes the great story I almost had about getting a win in my very first match

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1