As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I hope Vision of Perfection finds its way into Shadowlands

because having 4 infernals stomping everything out for you is a good time

Iirc there is actually a new talent or maybe covenant ability that lets you proc infernal spawns, and it can trigger off itself (like vanilla windfury) to spawn more infernals.

its a new talent, every shard spent during infernal has a 20% chance to summon an infernal that only lasts 10sec

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I learned last night that any attempt at pvp on a low feared mage is a terrible, terrible time.

Though at least m+ is fun now as frost. I thought I would give fire a shot but it just didn’t make sense to me.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I did it, after years I finally did it. I made a hunter so mad he kept whispering me about how bad of a tank I was for about 5 minutes after I left the group.

For reference, I "Couldn't hold aggro" on the little dudes at the beginning of Mechagon Junkyard who have no Aggro table, or on the gnomes who throw stuff at random players.

Also I was the only one who knew how to do any of the fights and even after I explained them, repeatedly, and pointed them to the dungeon journal, this hunter still died on every boss fight.

Oh and I out DPSed him on HK-8 and Tussle Tonks

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    You make a compelling case but unfortunately as a new member of Team Hunter I can’t side with you and betray any other hunters

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    this is probably old news but I wasnt aware, but they're taking away the rep grinds for allied races

looks like all that is needed is to complete the storyline of the race's main zone. thats a lot better for people coming back to the game/missed one from a prior expansion

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So what are everyone's thoughts on Night Far now looking better than Venthyr for M+ shenanigans?

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    i want to go venthyr or night fae but their class abilities are both absolute fuckin dog for mage, so unless they get dramatically reworked, i'm not going to play mage

covenants are rightly going to be the widely ridiculed and maligned expansion feature. that i'm looking at it and feeling like i can't even play the class i want to play is really gross

having shadowmeld as a soulbind means i pretty much want to play night fae on every single character i have. being able to just get out of combat so i can god damned mount instead of running for 20 minutes hoping the game figures out i'm not in combat. that's the dream

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    As much as I like the Night Fae plate armor, is looking like Necrolords has the best stuff for tanking, a banner that gives extra health and attack speed to my group as well as a flesh shield to shield my flesh

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I have continued to sit on the night fae train for as long as they existed. And im glad my dedication has been rewarded with stealth ability.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Night Fae plate is smokin' hot but divine toll.

• Options
    I like the night fae mage ability. That is a lot of cd reduction and if it affected by haste, with the conduit the channel could get really low.

But I don’t plan to main mage and I want to play frost. I just like the idea of comet storm into the fae ability into another comet storm for stupid good aoe burst.

• Options
    All of the shaman abilities are apparently awful right now...except for the Kyrian one.

And boy, do I not want to ally myself with the generic holy crusader angel people. They do have cool robots, but that is not quite enough to win me over.

• Options
    Yeah I dunno what to do about that choice. Vesper totem is stupid good with the conduit. Huge damage boost to the closest target.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    All of the shaman abilities are apparently awful right now...except for the Kyrian one.

And boy, do I not want to ally myself with the generic holy crusader angel people. They do have cool robots, but that is not quite enough to win me over.

Same for mage. Plus the Kyrian utility button is basically worthless

I’m really starting to get worried about this expansion. Instead of excitement I feel like I just need to find the class that is the least fucked by the god awful aoe target caps, and the least fucked by covenant “decision”

There’s still a chance it can be fixed by launch but. I’m worried. Really worried. Nearly everything I’m seeing on the class / gameplay front, for the classes I was interested in, is making me not interested in them anymore.

Despite shadow being ruined by the community, I might end up just doing it again for uncapped aoe multidotting

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    They did give 3 of the first raid's bosses raidwide bleed debuffs so be
    * A dwarf
    * A Kyrian
    * friends with a monk healer
    * healer mana sponge

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    What did the shadow community ruin spriestthis time spriest legion ruled having huge vf stacks and a insanely low gcd

Dunno what I'll play yet proba druid cause it's hard to make druids not awesome to play

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Honestly the thing that is selling me most on Night Fae is one particular form for the ability.

Before I had thought "I already have ghost wolf with a raptor glyph, why would I want that same thing again" and now I actually read the list of forms you can earn and one of them is a Toad. So yeah, that might've sold me.

• Options
    What did the shadow community ruin spriestthis time spriest legion ruled having huge vf stacks and a insanely low gcd

Dunno what I'll play yet proba druid cause it's hard to make druids not awesome to play

voidform is no longer in the game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Max from limit made a handy spreadsheet thing detailing what the exact AoE caps are at this point in time.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

Errr didn't they make it into a cooldown with the ability to talent into having it with the Legion/BfA way if that's actually your jam?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »

Errr didn't they make it into a cooldown with the ability to talent into having it with the Legion/BfA way if that's actually your jam?

it's functionally way different than it has been in legion and bfa. there's no haste gain, no lingering insanity, and when you fall out it's on a cooldown. there's no reward for getting to high stacks, except you got to have a damage buff for a little while longer. shadow priest is nothing like it is currently. maybe it'll do better dps as a result of this change, and there's even a chance i'll still play it since the other options are equally unappealing, but i hate that the community whining ruined one of the most unique specs in the game. it's like saying if you hate outlaw, you can spec into slice and dice and still play combat. it's really not the same thing. also this means you're barely going to have access to void bolt, and have a lot less haste, so a ton of time will be spent just reapplying dots

i've said in the past that my favorite thing about shadow is that unlike nearly every other class in wow, it doesn't have cooldowns. shadowfiend damage basically doesn't matter. the trade off was you have to ramp into doing good damage, but once you start doing good damage, you maintain a really high dps output. most other classes in wow are "press all my CDs, do huge damage for 20 seconds, then sit there with my thumb up my butt until my CDs are all back to pop again". voidform is now a cooldown. voidform as it was was a fundamental build-around part of the spec, where talents and legendaries and borrowed power would synergize with it. being a cooldown, they don't and won't.

i actually just looked and surrender to madness is apparently still in the game which is really funny. why would they leave surrender in without voidform, it's going to be even more of a dead talent than it already has been

also, unrelated to shadow, the aoe target caps are probably the worst decision they've ever made. i loved unholy because it had non-linear aoe scaling. it was super fun. and they've removed that too

there's really nothing mechanically that i'm looking forward to at all in shadowlands, every new beta patch just makes me more and more concerned i'm going to hate the expansion. so far the only new feature, covenants, seem atrociously poorly designed, and they're ruining my favorite aspects about the class i played in legion and the class i played in bfa. the class i was planning to play in shadowlands, both of the covenants i'd like to join are currently garbage. it's hard for me to be optimistic

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Shadow Priests got their power back from N'Zoth

Alleria 2020

• Options
    Max from limit made a handy spreadsheet thing detailing what the exact AoE caps are at this point in time.

Well as I was thinking of being a prot warrior, looks like my Thunderclaps are still uncapped and Bladestorm has a generous 8 cap so yeah, feeling good to be a warrior

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I appreciate the note next to survival hunter saying "dont play this"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    *sighhh*

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Well have you tried being a good spec?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Eyyy, got the Jaina mount after a few weeks of pugging it.

lkho1ka8brki.png

Honestly with the new boss shortcut, the way people are cheesing the fight, and the double drops giving you a 1/10 chance for it, I would encourage everyone to look into going for this as well before the pre-patch hits.

Dys on
  • Options
    eyyy grats

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    These Heirloom set bonuses seem pretty trashy
    Does anybody actually like the rested XP syste ? Are there people sitting idle for a few weeks every time they level up twice?

mkc.png
  • Options
    With how fast you seem to level in shadowlands, just having gear that scales with you will probably be super nice regardless of the bonus (but yeah the new set bonuses seem completely minuscule)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Put an extra hearthstone or faster gathering or something on there

mkc.png
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    On Shadow Priest. Preach put a huge gameplay video with his new team mate, that is an actual Shadow Priest player. 45 minutes since is the more detailed version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzLgBmavZZs
    It seems cool and Surrender has the use of just using it on an add to have double Voidform. Overall, the people not happy with it are the ones that liked old Voidform....but Blizzard spent two entire expansions trying to balance old Voidform and they couldn't, so it had to go. Such is life.

• Options
    Yeah I honestly wanted just a side option that let you play something similar to this for general content, but left voidform as the way to do raids. But yeah they just couldn't make it work. The lethargic response to any tweaks from those fans of the spec though seemed to imply that they knew it too.

I just uhh, dont get why it going out of control at the end of an expansion is such a bad thing while Fire Mage has that track record since well, VANILLA. The end of BFA isn't an outlier for them.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Yeah I honestly wanted just a side option that let you play something similar to this for general content, but left voidform as the way to do raids. But yeah they just couldn't make it work. The lethargic response to any tweaks from those fans of the spec though seemed to imply that they knew it too.

I just uhh, dont get why it going out of control at the end of an expansion is such a bad thing while Fire Mage has that track record since well, VANILLA. The end of BFA isn't an outlier for them.

Uh, about that, Combustion was changed like 6 times during MoP. And then redesigned on Legion. And BFA is a vast outlier thanks to the sheer power of Corruptions. So, Blizzard hasn't been "fine" with Fire Mages either. Old Voidform didn't work either, let's do something else and move on.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    an actual Shadow Priest player.
    Wow, same!
    It seems cool and Surrender has the use of just using it on an add to have double Voidform. Overall, the people not happy with it are the ones that liked old Voidform....but Blizzard spent two entire expansions trying to balance old Voidform and they couldn't, so it had to go. Such is life.

Balance in this game always has been and always will be shit. Boring ass homogenization of classes isn’t the answer. Also a lot of people seem to be under the mistaken impression shadow is bad when it’s been pretty consistently good through every bfa raid tier and high m+ keys.

If they’re so worried about balance, why don’t they fix broken garbage specs like feral?
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Old Voidform didn't work either, let's do something else and move on.

lol what the fuck are you even talking about

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    They made spriests exactly like bfa balance druids both a boring and terrible idea

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yeah except nothing was wrong with druids. Their aoe was bad but that was because starfall was nerfed to a bad button press from legion. Which they went and fixed for bfa only to ruin the rest of the class.

I don’t think at any point spriest complaints were being weak. It was how weak they were in short fights and how horribly frustrating they were to play in those. That’s my opinion anyway. When I had to go disc just to do solo content I was done with a class where my only option was healing dps. That is why I like enhance so much. Walk up and blow up shit.

But like, I don’t think anyone was complaining about the balance playstyle? The loss of two azerite traits making the cd fun was going to be the bad part. But they could have come back as conduits... maybe?

I dunno I do agree too many times blizz takes the easy way out and removes something interesting to go with what just works. Got lucky they actually did something interesting with shamans instead. Enhance might not be perfect but everyone loves the concept anyway because they went with something much more complicated over the super simple legion - bfa model.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Besides feeling bad at M+ and open world, Voidform wasn't balanced because the gap between the skill floor and the skill ceiling was too much. High tier players could get these very long Voidforms, so they could get these super high numbers and do a lot of damage, that less skilled players couldn't even approach. They tried by reducing the impact of Voidform on the rotation, but that just made it pointless and annoying.

Again, it just didn't worked out, as seen by the many, many, many complaints about it, from players of all skill levels. It happens.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    lol. rewarding players for being better at the game should be something that is encouraged. a spec having strengths and weaknesses isn't a problem itself. the problem is when some specs have absolutely no weaknesses while others are only allowed to excel in niche content. that has nothing to do with voidform though, because again it is actually good in both high m+ and raids. the downside people complained about is ramp up time, which is totally fine, and low burst damage, which is again totally fine. it's a weakness of the spec.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Any of you guys know of an addon to save custom graphics presets?

mkc.png