As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 5

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I think back to the gamer gate stuff every so often and think "man did it really just portend everything of the last 4 years"

Wonder how much of it was Bannon-induced too

Reminder that before Bannon ran breitbart he ran the world’s largest wow gold farming site.
    I remember learning about that years ago and fell out of my fucking chair. It still amazes me.

I think him making Sneak King for Burger King is weirder.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    that could very much be a grift by spencer

He's actually going broke. He's moved back into a building his parents own in Montana and since he got deplatformed everywhere he isn't making any money. He legit can't pay his lawyers.

He's part of the Chris Cantwell lawsuit too that someone I know is a part of, so we've been getting all the hot neo-Nazi gossip.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Huh turns out deplatforming works, wild that.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Borommakot wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    that could very much be a grift by spencer

He's actually going broke. He's moved back into a building his parents own in Montana and since he got deplatformed everywhere he isn't making any money. He legit can't pay his lawyers.

He's part of the Chris Cantwell lawsuit too that someone I know is a part of, so we've been getting all the hot neo-Nazi gossip.

that rules

but hiding assets is a way to circumvent major settlements

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    There was a memorial protest tonight in remembrance of the killing of Michael Brown Jr. 6 years ago today, in Ferguson, Missouri. Of course they were attacked by the pigs.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    They've likely been the people responsible for murdering several of the original protest leaders. Seems in character.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So did the feds ever invade Chicago or Columbus like they did Portland?

I don’t remember seeing anything about it, but that could just be media suppression working as intended

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

I don’t remember seeing anything about it, but that could just be media suppression working as intended

The feds don't have the stones to try their shit in Columbus or Chicago like they did in Portland.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

The feds don't have the stones to try their shit in Columbus or Chicago like they did in Portland.

What makes you think that? Genuinely interested

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    lotta more guns in those areas, one assumes

though mostly I just think they realized they were losing the media/PR environment so decisively that they decided not to continue elsewhere; the whole thing was never more than stroking trump's ego

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If they thought there was more of a chance for violent retaliation somewhere, that would be the #1 place they'd want to go

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Sarah Palin

Joe the Plumber

Death Panels

Arab Spring

Sudan splitting

Gadhafi shuffling off this mortal coil

tide pod challenge

Been a crazy decade

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Sarah Palin

Joe the Plumber

Death Panels

Arab Spring

Sudan splitting

Gadhafi shuffling off this mortal coil

tide pod challenge

Been a crazy decade

:whistle: We didn't start the fire! :whistle:

• Options
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    And I suddenly want to tear it down even more.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Add him to Mount Rushmore.

With some Duct tape.....

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

What makes you think that? Genuinely interested

More weapons, and Portland and Seattle are still smaller, very, very white cities. Ultimately, a lot of them are cowards and wouldn't want to face off against masses protesters that they are afraid of.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Remember what that crag looked like before they put all those hideous faces on it? What a ghastly edifice.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    The more and more I hear about what Trump says, the more I'm convince that he REALLY doesn't want to be re-elected. I got the feeling about that back in the 2016, when just before voting day, he really started banging on 'The Votes are Rigged!' drum.

So now, instead of doing the sensible thing, and just stepping down (his ego won't allow it) he's forcing the electorate to not vote for him, and then he can live his life as he once did, just with a victim complex.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    The amount of fuckery going on with the post office belies this reading.

• Options
    Trump is going to get his ass handed to him in lawsuits if he's no longer able to manipulate the DOJ and be immune to prosecution. He doesn't want the responsibilities of being President, but he still wants the power and prestige.

• Options
    3 years ago, I wrote a nuanced facebook post stating it was best for america for trump to serve a full term and leave at the end of it. Economic, conspiracies, etc.

Now I find the man surrounded by pathogens and crying rigged election months before the home stretch.

I knew we would suffer, but not like this!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I mean, I get that his ego screams for it, but what the hell would be the actual justification for adding him? He has done nothing to improve QoL in this country, and actively made things worse in a lot of ways. I'm not a fan of the monument, but I can at least understand why those 4 faces were chosen; Trump's got nothing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I believe his justification is "But I 'm the best and I wanna!"

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I mean, I get that his ego screams for it, but what the hell would be the actual justification for adding him?

Because it's a fascist monument?

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Edit: misclicked post reply on a draft.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Something went down in chicago last night

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Something went down in chicago last night

Yeah, looks like they had the bridges up in the Loop, public transit was shut down again, and cops were out in full force down at the Mag Mile area.

It's getting reported as widespread looting, but from some people on the ground I'm not hearing about actually that much damage.

Like, also fuck a Macy's, that's not exactly an area that is full of mom and pop small businesses.

Edit: Also to add to this, the specific reason that Chicago went hard last night may be related to a shooting that took place in Englewood earlier in the day - officers wounded an (allegedly) armed person who is now hospitalized/in custody. The victim's brother says that the attack was unprovoked and that the picture of the gun the cops released isn't his brother's.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    There was thread on r/Chicago from people following the police scanners. They were particularly upset about some people nailing the Portillos.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    All I have to say about Chicago last night: stop looting their neighborhoods and they'll stop looting yours.

It's incredible how much the wealthy and powerful in this city are missing the entire point, how completely blind they are to what they've been doing; busing poor people up from the Southside every morning to come work in their upper scale establishments, dangle wealth in front of them that they're not "worthy" to have. My surprise is zero when someone throws a brick through the Louis Vuitton. It's not one thing, it's not one fire. This pot has been boiling for decades.

Winky on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    That looked more like an elbow...

He trained in Muay Thai and/or thought he was Tito Santana:

https://youtu.be/1a2IRC9598c

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    All I have to say about Chicago last night: stop looting their neighborhoods and they'll stop looting yours.

It's incredible how much the wealthy and powerful in this city are missing the entire point, how completely blind they are to what they've been doing; busing poor people up from the Southside every morning to come work in their upper scale establishments, dangle wealth in front of them that they're not "worthy" to have. My surprise is zero when someone throws a brick through the Louis Vuitton. It's not one thing, it's not one fire. This pot has been boiling for decades.

One of the canned conservative responses to riots historically has been, "It's sad that they are looting their own neighborhoods." Looks like the message got through.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    3 years ago, I wrote a nuanced facebook post stating it was best for america for trump to serve a full term and leave at the end of it. Economic, conspiracies, etc.

Now I find the man surrounded by pathogens and crying rigged election months before the home stretch.

I knew we would suffer, but not like this!

you're still right that it's better for the country if he serves his term and is removed from office normally than if he gets assassinated or whatever. I think an impeachment conviction would have been good too, but obviously the GOP holds the senate and we now know for certain is too partisan to ever consider convicting him as long as he's useful and popular with their insane fringe that's become their core.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    I think an impeachment conviction would have been good too, but obviously the GOP holds the senate and we now know for certain is too partisan to ever consider convicting him as long as he's useful and popular with their insane fringe that's become their core.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but:

If the Dems take control of the Senate in this election cycle, and Trump loses, is there a window for the House/Senate to impeach Trump successfully before the handover next year?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Special K wrote: »
    I think an impeachment conviction would have been good too, but obviously the GOP holds the senate and we now know for certain is too partisan to ever consider convicting him as long as he's useful and popular with their insane fringe that's become their core.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but:

If the Dems take control of the Senate in this election cycle, and Trump loses, is there a window for the House/Senate to impeach Trump successfully before the handover next year?

They've already impeached Trump, but convict and remove no

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That looked more like an elbow...

He trained in Muay Thai and/or thought he was Tito Santana:

https://youtu.be/1a2IRC9598c

I assumed it was a Krav Maga move, but mainly for the poetic justice of a Nazi getting clocked with a move from a martial art borne out of combating anti-Semitism

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm fucking tired of getting baited by centrists who want to "work with" leftists about how to convince us to vote for Biden this year. I don't think they actually expect anyone to show up to the conversation by way of invitation. So when I do, they either get flustered pretty fast and tell me to fuck off (politely or otherwise) or say 'no' to everything that's a concern. Either way, it's a fucking con, and I'm done giving them any sort of benefit of doubt.

It's also fucking incredible to me that the concept of helping people is something that centrist elected officials need to be CONVINCED to do, like a "what's in it for me" style. Not directly, but in a "what let's me keep my job still" sort of mindset. Fucking ew.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Honestly it looks like he goes for a punch and just misses; you wouldn’t launch from that far out for an elbow strike (nor would your arm be that straight)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    not related to BLM, but the lebanese cabinet resigned after 2 days of protests

This discussion has been closed.