As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    NGS Storm Division tournament has several GMs and former pros playing, including former Korean pros. Fun series to watch:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    yPykBGO.jpg?1

Guess it's one of those bad medicine weeks in ARAM.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm getting the urge to play again, but then I wonder if I'll just rejoin the same shitshow I left. Probably. So why not just learn a hero that can get away with murder in Silver like Gazlowe, Murky, or Valeera? None of those will get banned and they are all strong when left alone.

But then...where's the fun if I'm forcing myself to play heroes I may not like that much? Winning is fun I guess. Getting out of Silver would be nice. I don't wanna play QM because fuck games without a healer or tank.

Then I just loop back around to, maybe it's still not the right time.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I reinstalled solely for the purpose of late night murky qms

if you cannot find joy in fucking around with murky in qm I would not advise giving this game the time of day again

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm getting the urge to play again, but then I wonder if I'll just rejoin the same shitshow I left. Probably. So why not just learn a hero that can get away with murder in Silver like Gazlowe, Murky, or Valeera? None of those will get banned and they are all strong when left alone.

But then...where's the fun if I'm forcing myself to play heroes I may not like that much? Winning is fun I guess. Getting out of Silver would be nice. I don't wanna play QM because fuck games without a healer or tank.

Then I just loop back around to, maybe it's still not the right time.

I'm obv biased but murky, gaz, zag, are the WAY WAY more fun heroes to play.

At lv 13 murky is a team fight monster.
    Lv 16 he's a demi god.
    At 20 he is the alpha and the omega.

Same with gaz. You bully the hell out of your solo lane. At 10 you are a mercing god. At 20 you're a team fight goliath.

So on and so forth.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    @Saeris The impossible just happened. I ran into another Jungle Kharazim in the wild.

• Options
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    For posterity, one of those murky games had one of the most toxic / inting sonyas I've ever seen.

As soon as she died to mercs she was trying to cap, at lv 2, she inted, racial slurs, etc. etc.
    The rest of the game was just pure feeding, etc..
    6m607wgp8s2v.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Why does everyone's forum avatar look like that?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

Bug or cache server problem

• Options
    Yeah. If you refresh the page, it fixes itself.

Nice games @MMMig. I'm still social distancing from HotS for now, but when I return, maybe I'll just try to be a Murky/Gaz main. Give me some protips and builds for each, if you don't mind.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    j̷̢̨̢͔̻̤͉͓̱̽̿͋͌̈́͛̔͊͐͆̕͝͝ǫ̷͙͙̘͎̋̈̉̉͝ḭ̵̧͎͉̗̟̖̳̳͖̩͖́̚̕͜͠ñ̴̨̫̤͉̮͍͚̑̓̊̔̚͘͘͜ ̵̢̲̣̼̙͈̬̬̺̅̎̇͒͘͜u̷̝̩̲̍͐̑͝s̷͔̖̳̺̘̭̙̠̄̽̆͘͠

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Is this Coronavirus?
    Does the forum have Coronavirus?
    Do I??

• Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    You're the carrier, ducks.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    The call is from INSIDE THE HOUSE FORUM!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Is this Coronavirus?
    Does the forum have Coronavirus?
    Do I??

become as gods

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    At the end of a nice win
    Me: this Diablo
    Me: is a god
    Diablo: thanks, that really made my day! =)

Be positive when you can, folks.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCbHJWaK_Q

Some more good shit here. That last clip was CC bonkers town.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    That last clip

f2jcp1cyx8yk.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    At the end of a nice win
    Me: this Diablo
    Me: is a god
    Diablo: thanks, that really made my day! =)

Be positive when you can, folks.

during a game when our Garrosh made a pretty sick throw

Me: damn gary, u gud
    Garrosh: lol you haven't been watching me then
    Me: oh no i've been watching you mess up throws and combos all game there bud

chaotic good 8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Good content for new players from Grubby:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvY8DnF5Fo

• Options
    I'm so fucking tired of Abathur as a hero. He dominates QM games and fucks up drafts. Having to account for a hero that so single-handedly warps the game around him and yet having him never actually fucking show up on the goddamn map is just infuriating.

I just won a game against an Abathur/Sonya/Samuro comp and dealing with that level of bullshit was tilting as fuck.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    <3 Abathur

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Really interesting video, points out that looking at the mini-map and quickly getting game info are part of your micro skill.
    https://youtu.be/uiMCHx8Wdk0

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yeah coming back to fucking around in QM Abathur fuckin' sucks to play against a lot

even if it's not broken it just makes everything less fun to deal with

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    My wishlist of BS heroes is mostly Abathur and KTZ. They're the only ones I find infuriating.

Aba hunting is kind of fun, sometimes. I wish he'd have to spawn killable tentacles instead of hats. Or he gives the host a shield that drops the hat when the shield is gone. My personal favorite idea is he takes damage when the host does, allowing him to die.

KTZ just needs chains to be reworked. A CC mage is a design that shouldn't exist the way it is. Remove the damage, make him a support, whatever. Just dying because my allies don't believe in sidesteps isn't fun. The whole reason for the game.

• Options
    KTZ needs a fundamental, ground-up rework. Literally a complete redesign.

• Options
    I'd consider making Glacial Spike baseline (no quest requirement), perhaps even to the extent that the first chain always originates from it. This way KTZ becomes an area-of-denial/setup mage and his consistent damage actually comes from the rest of his kit, while his combo works more like Kerrigan's where he still requires follow-up from the rest of his team to secure most kills.

Abathur can just straight up be deleted.

• Options
    At this point I'd honestly say 100% the problem with KTZ is fucking Shadow Fissure. Take that away and you no longer have a Hero that can oneshot two Heroes at once

But also the chain shit is fucking horrendous to play around it just feels fucking awful when you get yanked halfway across the screen into a root and you just eat shit and die.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    His other ult is arguably worse, man; super long range, casts immediately and tracks you until it lands. There's no escaping it. You can literally get a screen's length away from KTZ, but it will land, and then he throws out his Glacial Spike, Chains it, then uses the super unnecessarily long second Chain to pull your dumb rooted ass all the way back and blow you up. It's literally a guaranteed Stitches Hook that also results in a pickoff all on its own.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    literally just copy Lich from dota that's all we need

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    His other ult is arguably worse, man; super long range, casts immediately and tracks you until it lands. There's no escaping it. You can literally get a screen's length away from KTZ, but it will land, and then he throws out his Glacial Spike, Chains it, then uses the super unnecessarily long second Chain to pull your dumb rooted ass all the way back and blow you up. It's literally a guaranteed Stitches Hook that also results in a pickoff all on its own.

Admittedly I've never seen anyone actually use Frost Blast well, but

I will take your word for it!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Deleting chains is acceptable to me.

• Options
    While were at it, change Shadow Fissure to 30 second cooldown and get rid of the 1.5 reset on hit. Or keep it as is and make Nova's Precision Strike 20 second cooldown with a 1.5 second reset on hit.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Admittedly I've never seen anyone actually use Frost Blast well, but

I will take your word for it!

Not sure about now, but for a period of time in the past year ago it was pretty common. Maybe not in QM?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdpzeTl-Eoc

Like, I'm bad at HotS. I get that, I accept that. But how are the 5 people in high Masters and allowing Fan to just roll over their bases like this?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Cattlepillar was on the other team for this, too. He was probably tilted out of his mind once he realized that his team wouldn't rotate and was just interested in perma-fighting while split-push Greymane took all their buildings.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdpzeTl-Eoc

Like, I'm bad at HotS. I get that, I accept that. But how are the 5 people in high Masters and allowing Fan to just roll over their bases like this?

bqF92wD.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Every once in a while I remember that I wish we had gotten a Lord Shaxx announcer before Bungie split from blizzactivision.