As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Also yo this game doesn't have any controller options, that's real lame. Going to be doing a lot of accidental staring at the floor

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I thought there was an invert option?

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    There are literally no options outside of Audio on ps4

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I generally like the team games but in egg scramble when I'm carrying a golden egg and a teammate grabs me or gets in my way I'm infuriated.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I'm pretty sure that, aside from other players getting in the way, those yellow cylinders in slime climb are easily the hardest obstacle in the entire game for me

It's always a crap shoot if I can actually get across them or if I just slide off them forever until the slime comes to claim me

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Door Dash is my "why do I suck so consistently at this" racing game

It's embarrassing

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    apparently this game is being released in china under the name "jellybean man," which amuses me to no end

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Something I have witnessed is during the Egg Scramble game one player running with an egg and multiple other players grabbing them causing the egg to randomly get launched off the map.

With people having "Fall Guy #" names, I was in a match with Fall Guy 1337. The chosen one.

Real strong, facetious.

Also I've been frustrated the last couple days, run of bad luck and extremely annoying opponents.

The grab meta has taken hold and I hate it. It doesn't even help the person doing the grabbing the vast majority of the time!

Real strong, facetious.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    The grab meta has taken hold

so to speak

I didn't consciously intend that but by the time I finished typing the sentence I realized it.

Real strong, facetious.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Grabbing is mostly useful in games of Egg Scramble or Fall Ball. You can really mess people up trying to play defense like their "goalie" if you can stun them for 3 seconds.

Speaking of Fall Ball, a golden egg dropped in the game and awarded the team 5 points. This was the stupidest thing to happen, because it dropped as the third ball. Score was 1-1 and the egg drops and pretty much awards a CLEAR win to whoever sinks it.

I'm okay with it and odd-shaped balls like the Football dropping, but that egg should only drop when a team is down by 5 points to help make it a more interesting game.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Don't get me wrong, there are times grabbing makes a lot of sense. I'm talking about the constant mindless grabbing.

Real strong, facetious.

edited August 2020
    Also people won't let me get the achievement for finishing first in a race after using an emote. I just had like a 5 second lead but between stopping, the windup of the emote, etc., the person in second dove past to just barely beat me. It's happened a couple times now.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

You don't need to let it finish. I think just tapping the button for the emote and running across will do.

This is also the kind of achievement that's easier done if you have some friends helping to run interference as your second and third place buddies. It's tough, and it only counts AFTER the match has ended (you won't see the pop-up once you cross the finish line, gotta get to the qualified results screen).

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I got this game today and have been grinning ear to ear the entire time.

Also I am very bad at Slime Climb.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Every time I've played Slime Climb I've lost at exactly the same point where you have to jump on the platforms with the moving blocks that push you onto the path below.
    I'm beginning to resent it.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Somehow, winning a game of Fall Guys feels better than any other battle royale I’ve played. Last round of Hex-a-gone and was able to play the last layer perfectly to outlast my opponents.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited August 2020
    I've only won Hexagone once. And when I did, the server crashed and I didn't get my rewards because it crashed right before the rewards screen.

I keep losing on team-based games and I'm starting to resent playing. At least when I lose on a game where I know my skill failed me, I can handle it, but playing Fall Ball three times in a row, in a 6 man team (out of 13 players) and losing is rage-inducing.

I also didn't think the tail game was that bad, until I saw someone grab it off me when they were so far away, easily two character lengths.

El Fantastico on

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya the tail games can be pretty frustrating. I had a tail finals match where I grabbed the dude with the tail about 5 times without getting it as well as numerous times in other matches where people nowhere near me are grabbing my tail.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    I'm good at slime climb as long as I don't get caught in a mosh pit at the first corner and ragdolled around forever and then have to try to platform through a big crowd.

Though that being said, twice now I've been way in the clear and gotten to the top level with plenty of time to spare, only to be knocked off the OPPOSITE side by the moving poles. I felt like a complete idiot both times.

Real strong, facetious.

H0b0man wrote: »
    Ya the tail games can be pretty frustrating. I had a tail finals match where I grabbed the dude with the tail about 5 times without getting it as well as numerous times in other matches where people nowhere near me are grabbing my tail.

Yeah Lag Tag makes it that much harder

Still can't out last the top 50% in Hex-a-Gone. Someday man, someday

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Turns out I did in fact get the achievement for emoting right before winning a race, it just hadn't shown up for whatever reason. Huzza.

Real strong, facetious.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    finally had a chance to play, for a few hours

pretty much all the tail games can go fuck themselves, as can the soccer one and any team game where the numbers arent even as I think the team with the extra body has always won

had one where we had 33 people going into team tail tag and instead of 11/11/11 3 team game, which would make sense, it split it into 4 teams badly

did win fall mountain within my first hour and a half playing and that felt pretty good

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    finally had a chance to play, for a few hours

pretty much all the tail games can go fuck themselves, as can the soccer one and any team game where the numbers arent even as I think the team with the extra body has always won

had one where we had 33 people going into team tail tag and instead of 11/11/11 3 team game, which would make sense, it split it into 4 teams badly

did win fall mountain within my first hour and a half playing and that felt pretty good

It's fucked up because it's also always the same color with the numbers disadvantage. In egg game, soccer, ring game and ball push, it's always yellow shorthanded if numbers aren't even. In team tail tag, it can be two teams down, in which case it's green and yellow. It's totally fucked.

I am insanely jealous

Also, for saying that, I could push you off the edge in Perfect Match and no jury in the world would convict

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever actually gotten fall mountain as the last round, it's hex 9 times out of 10 and tail tag the last.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just tried this game this morning. Pretty fun so far, only played a little bit.

BLM - ACAB
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of Fall Ball, but I don't understand why the game allows imbalanced teams. If there's 9 people left and it's not going to finals, just give us Tip Toe or something. I don't mind as much when there's a large number of people left, but 5 vs 4 is nonsense. I can only hope that this issue will fix itself when/if there's more available games to play in the future.

Egg Scramble is an interesting game, because I really enjoy it, but it's too easy to just bully the team that is in last. Maybe they just need to not display the current score until the last few seconds or something?

Excellent

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    It occurs to me that I want them to upgrade Fall Mountain to be more like the Aggrocrag

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    I personally don't mind unbalanced teams, but I have a remarkably good track record on winning games when I'm on the smaller team. I dunno, I don't mind it as part of the random aspect of the game.

Real strong, facetious.

Q: What's the best outfit to wear when you're playing Tail Tag?

A: The Ecto Pirate! Because you're always after that booty!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I personally don't mind unbalanced teams, but I have a remarkably good track record on winning games when I'm on the smaller team. I dunno, I don't mind it as part of the random aspect of the game.

It sucks and it can be easily fixed to only have those games when the teams can be even.

I hope the update fixes the exploit on Block Party of people jumping to the top of the side walls.

Popular streamers are even shown doing it on video (Alpharad and RubberRoss to give an example) so it's only a matter of time before they raise the height or make it impossible.

It'a not a major exploit that impacts the overall gameplay but still shouldn't be allowed.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I hope the update fixes the exploit on Block Party of people jumping to the top of the side walls.

Popular streamers are even shown doing it on video (Alpharad and RubberRoss to give an example) so it's only a matter of time before they raise the height or make it impossible.

It'a not a major exploit that impacts the overall gameplay but still shouldn't be allowed.

Eh, there's rarely a block party round that actually eliminates anyone, so not much hate on that. I think it needs to be reworked heavily in terms of blocks/cadence

schuss on
    the "patch notes" seemed to allude to it