As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WOOF WOOF: It's a Dog Thread

TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in the world. Many famous people such as Queen Elizabeth II, Barack Obama, and Snoop Dogg own them. If you're going to get a dog, the first question is what type of dog to get. Below are some of the most popular breeds. This is a thread to discuss dogs. THIS THREAD IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR DOING YOUR RESEARCH AND MAKING SURE YOU PICK A DOG THAT YOU CAN PROPERLY CARE FOR.

Basset Hound: Known for their big ears and keen sense of smell. They enjoy howling, eating, and lazing around. They're surprisingly heavy dogs and are prone to smelling horrendous.

Brussels Griffon: These little dogs look like they have beards. They love to follow their owners around.

Goldendoodle: Not a real AKC recognized dog breed. They're a combination of poodles and golden retrievers. The liger of dogs.

Great Dane: The biggest breed of dog known to man. They're huge and love to lick things.

Greyhound: The fastest breed of dog known to man. These dogs are great sprinters and are good at hunting small game. They're surprisingly chill when they're not running.

Miniature Schnauzer: Love to bark. Don't get one of these dogs if you don't like barking because they bark at anything and everything! They bark at cars, they bark at mailboxes, they bark at trees, they bark at neighbors, they bark at themselves, and they even bark for fun.

Pitbull (this is actually 3 different AKC recognized breeds, but everyone just calls them all pitbulls): Originally bred for dog fighting, these dogs still enjoy great success in the illegal and disgusting sport today. Pitbulls are known for their tremendous jaw strength, aggression, and ability to maul. They're by far the most common breed in shelters so it's easy to get a free one if you're interested.

Poodle: Smart dogs that enjoy water. Their hair can be cut into lots of fun designs.

Pomeranian: Cute little fluffballs. They can be taught to do tricks and are fun to pet.

Rough Collies: Actually gentle dogs. They have long coats, enjoy herding, and are friendly family dogs.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    This dog thread doesn't have enough pictures of dogs.
    We can fix that. Here's a starting point:
    z7bbwypygrls.png

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oh no

• TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    This dog thread doesn't have enough pictures of dogs.
    We can fix that. Here's a starting point:
    z7bbwypygrls.png

I wanted to post some dog pics but it's been so long since I used BBCode that I forgot how.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    You can just like, edit your post and click the insert and image button and attach directly. No BBcode required.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    bfnx2kqpz8ow.jpeg

LOOKAT MY DOG

his name’s Murphy

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    here are some of the dogs i own

qs6y7hponv1t.jpg

they are the best dogs i have ever met

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    We do have a [pets] thread over here but they're all good threads, Brent.
    Treeloot wrote: »
    Greyhound: The fastest breed of dog known to man. These dogs are great sprinters and are good at hunting small game. They're surprisingly chill when they're not running.
    0r90m1rmrclh.jpg
    Can confirm.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    i can barely see that dog it is soo fast

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    f08v1p6y8as1.png

Not enough dogs here. 1/10.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I swear she teleports from that position when I open the cupboard in the kitchen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    xamef8f3tc8z.jpg
    My brother's dachshund laying in the cool breeze of the night

My monster of a dachshund and the pile of books
    3fayct9v3cff.jpg
    And laying on my legs ontop of a sheet
    7waiha2ij5mj.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Here is a picture of my favourite hog:

5nze6qghkgdp.jpg

Oh schnitzel, you said DOG, whoops sorry!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

I swear she teleports from that position when I open the cupboard in the kitchen.

Kya goes from horizontal on her bed to vertical in front of you so quickly when you say "treats", that I'm surprised there isn't an audible bang from the sudden air displacement.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    eflktfjqskl9.gif

Not enoughh doooooooooogggggg

• TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Here's a pomeranian for you guys

tdg06bx8giyk.png

And here's a dude carrying his dog, I think it's a husky

6qqc80cdpqeo.png

Treeloot on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Here's a pomeranian for you guys

tdg06bx8giyk.png

Did @PiptheFair give you permission to post his picture?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Rough Collies: Actually gentle dogs. They have long coats, enjoy herding, and are friendly family dogs.

While all of this is true, they can still defend their family from dangerous predators:
    xPOIJi4.png

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh fuck yes dog thread

Welcome everybody to my domain

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    This is my dog Ivy
    ti22em2kk2c3.jpeg
    zpkv16m6e1mf.jpeg

She is a Belgian Tervuren, one of the four types of Belgian Sheepdogs (Tervs, Groendaels, Malinois, and Laekenois), which all have basically the same breed traits (and occasionally come from the same litters!) but have different fur coats (Groendaels are fully black, Malinois have short fur, Laekenois have curly fur, and Tervurens have the tan/red/gold with a black mask).

Belgian sheepdogs have super high energy, so you basically have to be prepared to play fetch all day, every day. In Quarantine we've just jetted her with the hose while she chases it around a few times a day, and taken her for 2-3 walks, on top of the usual play. We also use her as a demo dog for our obedience classes, so we do a lot of practice with her at home and that tires her out a bit too!

They're also ridiculously smart, and it's an actual breed trait that they're mischievious and love playing tricks on their masters. They make really good working dogs!

Steam
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had a coyote so I know what it's like to have a animal playing tricks and getting revenge on you
    She would get goatheads aka stickers [that plant with the stickers that get on the bottom of shoes or get caught up in clothes} and spit them out in shoes if she felt she was slighted just one of the many tricks she would do

Ivy :heartbeat:

we thought about Belgians back before we settled on collies, but it was the energy level that scared us off

Rough Collies are basically what if Belgians, but fluffier and lazier. (Not to be confused with Border Collies which are a whole other level of crazy energy)

also they handsome as all heck

G0znRCAl.png

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    isgvrnz2qb7i.jpeg

We were told he is a mini golden doodle, but he’s only 10 lbs and there’s basically no difference between him and any other mix of poodle and small breed

He is incredibly meticulous about finding a place to poop. He’s seen here in the middle of a 15 minute sniff before finding a satisfying spot to shit in.

Captain Inertia on
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Ivy :heartbeat:

we thought about Belgians back before we settled on collies, but it was the energy level that scared us off

Rough Collies are basically what if Belgians, but fluffier and lazier. (Not to be confused with Border Collies which are a whole other level of crazy energy)

Yeah, I think you guys would be well experienced enough with dogs to be able to manage one Belgian

But if you're breeding them and have to keep several young ones around, godspeed

Steam
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Dogs are great.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dogs? never heard of them

my sister did take some of the bears to the pub the other day though

nbyuewib0w1a.jpeg

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bKRxCUG.jpg

i need to body snatch tynic and be her if only long enough to boop dem snoots

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The dog at my wife’s work(who we often watch) has a birthday yesterday and she sent me this pic

7q57r5js2x3p.jpeg

Happy Birthday, Bella!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

just don't accidentally body snatch a chicken

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    My sister's ankle biters:

3ircnharn90x.jpg

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    This is my dog Ivy
    ti22em2kk2c3.jpeg
    zpkv16m6e1mf.jpeg

She is a Belgian Tervuren, one of the four types of Belgian Sheepdogs (Tervs, Groendaels, Malinois, and Laekenois), which all have basically the same breed traits (and occasionally come from the same litters!) but have different fur coats (Groendaels are fully black, Malinois have short fur, Laekenois have curly fur, and Tervurens have the tan/red/gold with a black mask).

Belgian sheepdogs have super high energy, so you basically have to be prepared to play fetch all day, every day. In Quarantine we've just jetted her with the hose while she chases it around a few times a day, and taken her for 2-3 walks, on top of the usual play. We also use her as a demo dog for our obedience classes, so we do a lot of practice with her at home and that tires her out a bit too!

They're also ridiculously smart, and it's an actual breed trait that they're mischievious and love playing tricks on their masters. They make really good working dogs!

What the fuck

This is the most adorable dog?

I'm actually angry about how fuckin adorable that dog is what the shit

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »

This is how I want to go out of this world.

tynic wrote: »

i am willing to take that chance buhkaw

Juggernut wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    This is my dog Ivy
    ti22em2kk2c3.jpeg
    zpkv16m6e1mf.jpeg

What the fuck

This is the most adorable dog?

I'm actually angry about how fuckin adorable that dog is what the shit

It was physically painful how adorable a puppy she was, too
    ib4mgikttikp.jpeg

Also, when she wants to goof off she'll do a fake snarl and curl her nose up but inevitably commit too hard to it and go into a sneezing fit

This happens almost daily

Steam
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    fuckin excuse me, this dog right here?

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Loading file: dog.jpg
    ERROR DOG NOT FOUND
    p1e1drr0un2v.jpg
    64epyjxy78se.jpg

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    These are my fur babies
    Clifford, the big red dog
    q70oehw2ue7g.jpg
    Holly, who won't stay still long enough for me to get a good picture.
    741xmiuovk9c.jpg

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Here are a few of my favorite dogs:
    jiyu3udr8f2b.jpeg
    q5xucs67htxg.jpeg
    283z979erob0.jpeg