As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] and the gentle person

196979899100102»

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I love shooting my bow, I also enjoy looking at it

Does this work for imgur these days?

https://imgur.com/f8wehHx

In romance related topics, I love my girlfriend, and am going to propose as soon as I can afford an engagement ring

DouglasDanger on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    If we're talking about red wine I'm not a fan

If we're talking about red Kool-aid

I'm listening

What if i made kool-aid with red wine?

I knew a guy that used to make a drink called a "fucked up astronaut" which was powdered tang mixed with vodka.

I think he's probably dead now.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I don't think so. I mean, drinking and piloting a spacecraft isn't a great idea, but I think I'd have read about it if an astronaut had DWI'd into the moon or something.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Nono, the drink was called a fucked up astronaut. He was nowhere near an astronaut. He couldn't identify an astronaut if one pissed in his shoe while he was wearing it.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The fact astronauts weren't allowed to get fucked up on moon screwdrivers or moon hurricanes when they got to the moon is some bullshit

It was our God given right as Americans to get shithoused on Everclear and Busch Lite and then drive a lawnmower onto the moon

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    If we're talking about red wine I'm not a fan

If we're talking about red Kool-aid

I'm listening

What if i made kool-aid with red wine?

It has a sour taste
    It was our God given right as Americans to get shithoused on Everclear and Busch Lite and then drive a lawnmower onto the moon

I drove a car I built in Kerbal on nearly every planet in the system even did tried to drive on Boop

I don't understand any of those words but excellent work

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

In romance related topics, I love my girlfriend, and am going to propose as soon as I can afford an engagement ring

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Haha thank you

It's bit cheesy, yeah

heveans to betsy it's not cheesy at all

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Love is for nerds, everyone knows that

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Lucky for me!

sarukun on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I heard someone wanted a nerd to love.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular

Definitely don’t buy a cheese-based engagement ring

It won’t last

Flarne wrote: »

Definitely don’t buy a cheese-based engagement ring

It won’t last

i am proof it do...

oh wait crap never mind

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Huff sigh grumble I'd like to maybe re-download bumble ...

I’m mildly disappointed the rest of this didn’t rhyme

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

can she fling projectiles at a devastating velocity

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I’ve had a really off couple of months after my last relationship ended. I’m happy, but getting out there has been pretty much impossible, as I’m sure you’ll all agree. I’ve never really done modern dating either; I don’t have a tinder and I’d feel too out of the loop to start now. I like just meeting someone I guess, that random encounter and daring to ask them out, win or lose, has always been my scene.

Maybe I’ll lock eyes with someone from a suitable distance when I head home for summer leave. I’ll compliment their mask safely behind a fence, they’ll note my proper plague etiquette while on the run from a small snotty child.

Endless_Serpents on
    Shorty wrote: »

OH MY GOD SHOOT AN ARROW AT HER WITH THE RING ATTACHED

man i come up with the best ideas ever

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

OH MY GOD SHOOT AN ARROW AT HER WITH THE RING ATTACHED

man i come up with the best ideas ever

Doug, later

“Ok, this looks bad ...”

Freeze frame record scratch

I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation well it all star

Joolander wrote: »

Look if I was some kinda poet I'm pretty sure I'd know it.

you are a poet with your bullshit

a BS Wilde

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Freeze frame record scratch

I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation well it all star

Hey now

a BS Wilde

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

a BS Wilde

BS Eliot was right there

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

a BS Wilde

BS Eliot was right there

Yeah, what a Waste

land

edited August 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

a BS Wilde

BS Eliot was right there

excuse me jugg is a wild man thus the pun i'm sorry it went above your head

Magic Pink on
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    But nothing goes over his head, he'd catch it.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so... I'm getting divorced

Nothing angry or dramatic, about as amicable as it could get but it's happening. Basically we've been more roommates than spouses for years and after a couple failed attempts to change that and a whole lot of ignoring the problem because honestly we're pretty good roommates and it was convenient, we finally admitted that it isn't going to work and that we'd both be better off moving on.

Originally we were even going to take our time separating and continue to live as roommates for a while, but the housing market here is absolutely bonkers at the moment and we'd basically be throwing away money that we could both really use for a fresh start by not selling the house right now. So, I have an apartment lined up for the end of the month, my ex has a friend that she's going to move in with for a bit while she looks for her own place, and once we and the dogs are out of here we're going to clean it up an put it on the market.

I was pretty freaked out by this at first. Change can be scary, and this is about as big a change as I've ever had to deal with. It didn't help that we reached the decision in the middle of the pandemic while I was working from home and thoroughly socially distancing. For a little while I was holding out hope that if we got along better as roommates we might have second thoughts after a few months, so I didn't want to say anything to my friends in case we ended up changing our minds. So I just kind of kept all the anxiety and stress bottled up in my own head for a month or two which was super healthy.

I'm doing a lot better now - at some point I realized that I really don't want us to change our minds, that we really will be happier in the long run this way. Part of it was in seeing the plans we were both making - she wants a little house in the country, with no neighbours within a stone's throw, while I'm getting increasingly excited at the idea of living in an apartment downtown, within walking distance of everything. What will make us each happy are very different things, and our current living situation was a compromise that gave neither of us what we really want.

We're still friends though, and there's nothing we're fighting over. We had to have a bit of a discussion about what to do with the dogs (I'm especially attached to one of them and want her to live with me if possible, but my ex needed reassurance that if she was unhappy or unable to adjust to living in an apartment I'd let her go live with her, which I agreed to.)

So... yeah. Once we made the decision to sell rather than wait things started moving very fast, I could be moving into my new apartment as early as a week and a half from now. But I'm at least not scared anymore. When I was talking to a friend I put it this way:

" I do think it'll be good in the long run

<Ex> will get to have her little house in the country with no asshole neighbours right on top of her

and I'll... I'll get to figure out what I want? I really don't know what that looks like"

and that's still where I am now. I don't really know what I want the next phase of my life to be, but at this point I'm excited to find out.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    :bro:

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    in happier news, the location of my new apartment is dope as fuuuuuuck

within 10 minute walking distance I have a huge farmer's market, two grocery stores, a pharmacy, two liquor stores, a massive asian grocery, a board game cafe, the city's brand new central library, and roughly a billion cool restaurants and cafes, and two museums, one of which is an interactive science museum.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    in happier news, the location of my new apartment is dope as fuuuuuuck

within 10 minute walking distance I have a huge farmer's market, two grocery stores, a pharmacy, two liquor stores, a massive asian grocery, a board game cafe, the city's brand new central library, and roughly a billion cool restaurants and cafes, and two museums, one of which is an interactive science museum.

Bummed to hear things didn't work out with y'all, but I'm glad it's been amicable and you can still be friends!

Also important note that that museum does have drinking nights as evidenced by the time I got very drunk there two years ago on Halloween

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So what I’m hearing is Post-COVID party at @Fearghaill ’s new place.

Elvenshae wrote: »
    So what I’m hearing is Post-COVID party at @Fearghaill ’s new place.

if you noticed that half the things I'm excited about are grocery stores/markets, I will absolutely be eager to hold dinner parties. One downside of living alone will be less opportunity to cook for others.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    ok new thread time

geth close the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.