As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wait....

So, James "Kamala" Harris dies just a couple days before Kamala Harris gets the VP nod?

Weird.

BLM - ACAB
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    TNT Title is finally finished

Still don't like the red strap but the center plate looks so much better

Crippl3 on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    1 step forward, 2 fucking Olympic long jumps back

Jericho match still happening, no women's matches even booked on this card
    why can't the things I like just be good for once, fuck

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    They announced that Shida will be wrestling, 2 hours before show time. They did not announce who she would be wrestling, possibly because they were still figuring that out.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    They announced that Shida will be wrestling, 2 hours before show time. They did not announce who she would be wrestling, possibly because they were still figuring that out.

It's a pretaped episode. How the fuck do they not know?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    As an aside, tonight is Tag Team Appreciation Night in AEW. They also have a women's tag team tournament currently being run.

O/U on how long the video package on the tournament is? I'd say 4 minutes but that feels very optimistic.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Nirya wrote: »
    As an aside, tonight is Tag Team Appreciation Night in AEW. They also have a women's tag team tournament currently being run.

O/U on how long the video package on the tournament is? I'd say 4 minutes but that feels very optimistic.

They literally didn't mention it at all last week, so that probably is extremely optimistic.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Still no Excalibur

:(

bloodyroarxx on
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I had to read this and be disgusted, so I'm forcing it on all of you.

Merry Christmas.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Did Scorpio even get 10 minutes against Cody?

Jesus Christ what are they even doing now?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Brodie is ok I guess but like man Scorpio is too good for this shit

I just respect Mike Chioda getting paid.

Ok, they had to know how it would look to do that spot the same week WWE found a clever way to have Flair take a “bump”, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Oh look Shida in another jobber matchup

*eyeroll*

Please pay $50!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    They should have put the Saturday Night show on at 6:05.

They are going to have the finals of the tag team tournament on there, so that's cool.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Four minutes and twenty-three seconds (4:23) elapsed between Hikaru Shida’s entrance and the end of her promo with Tony. Just saying.

They keep bringing Penta and Fenix in, AEW should think about bringing in some of their women wrestlers. Depending on language barrier.

If they bring in Big Mami all (ok, some) is forgiven.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    If you're wondering how WWE's doing btw, they had Velveteen Dream be a surprise return to enter a match after the heat died down from the very credible allegations against him

If they bring in Big Mami all (ok, some) is forgiven.

I don't know how well Big Mami and Niño Hamburguesa work without the crowd being super into them.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    that was an oddly mediocre match between Jericho/Cassidy.... they had Cassidy come out in hulk mode off the bat which I think is a first, it didn't quite hit home I don't think...

he needs another layer

last week's episode was pretty great, this one was pretty flat, a lot of setup for the big NBA show, that's going to be huge for them, I'm sure they'll bring out the big guns for that

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Don't feel bad JR, I too frequently confuse the Michinoku Driver and the Falcon Arrow.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Magell wrote: »
    Please pay $50!

I'll just get a VPN and pay $20, I'm Canadien, eh

Yup

Takes 20 seconds

I don't know if I'm going to put that work in. I don't care that much for the big matches announced. Rather support indy stuff like Tournament of Survival.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Don't feel bad JR, I too frequently confuse the Michinoku Driver and the Falcon Arrow.

If the match is over immediately after, it was a Falcon Arrow.

uyvfOQy.png
    So looking over the card for AEW next week, and they announced 6 matches, plus there'll probably be another Mox/MJF segment and some sort of fallout segment from Jericho/Orange.

- Deadly Draw finals
    - Cody vs Brodie Lee (TNT Title)
    - FTR vs Private Party
    - Dark Order vs Kenny & the Bucks
    - Lucha Bros and Butcher & Blade vs Jurassic Express and Nightmare Collection
    - Darby Allin match

Y'all, that Women's tag team final is getting like 5 minutes and will happen right at the end of that second hour just so Tony Khan can point to the nose-diving ratings as to why they book the women so shittily.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

The tweet from Khan said it was live, though?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Well I guess WWE either feels REALLY confident that Dream was innocent or they REALLY forgot what he was suspended for.

Mwx884o.jpg
    edited August 2020

The tweet from Khan said it was live, though?

They also had the live banner during the show so I’m not sure

—————————

Yeah Dream being back

What the fuuuuuuuck

—————————

Also SHO came down with a fever so they cancelled today’s NJPW show here’s hoping it’s not COVID

bloodyroarxx on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Well I guess WWE either feels REALLY confident that Dream was innocent or they REALLY forgot what he was suspended for.

Was he ever suspended? I thought he was in a car wreck or something.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    It's the most important win of OC's career!

By having a finishing salvo and his mousetrap pin be completely undersold and botched by Jericho because he's old and tired and I'm not even sure his arms bend that way anymore. It just undercut what should have been huge.

They should have figured out another finish.

Not putting over Sky is fucked up.
    Booking women's matches as an afterthought is fucked up.

Deciding that down the road we'll put the tag team tournament cup on another platform that's not free and accessible by literally everyone, when that's how you started off, is fucked up. I know people didn't like that it was on YouTube, and I get it, but it's been on YouTube. It should stay on YouTube.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    In better news Rev Pro are having their first show back at the end of the month and Will Ospreay is on it. Also Dan Maloney, Kyle Fletcher, and Aleah James are all happy to share the card with him. Oh and iapparently it was quietly taped two weeks ago?
    Wait that isn't better news at all, my mistake, wrestling remains awful.

Like I expected this from New Japan. They proved with Honma that you can be a massive piece of shit and not only will you not be punished but you'll actually be rewarded. However like a complete cretin I actually believed some of these people in British wrestling when they claimed that they cared about improving the scene going forward.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I’ll agree that last night was the first time that I can remember Jericho just straight-up looking OLD. I think they’ll probably do the rubber match at All Out (since they’re 1-1 in this feud), and hopefully he’ll be well-rested and prepared for that.

I’m going to disagree on the tag tournament finals, though. It’s going to get more eyes on it on Dynamite than it will on YouTube (Monday’s show is sitting at 270k views as I write this). This is entirely contingent on that match getting actual time, though.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    More eyes but not the same eyes. That's the problem. I realize I might be in the minority here but TV service is, at minimum, $35/month, and I'm not paying that just to watch Dynamite. If I wanted to, I wouldn't even have to pay that to watch any of the WWE shows. And yes, they put clips of Dynamite on YouTube, that's pretty much the only lens through which I watch Dynamite, and their clippings are brutal.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Jericho definitely looked old/tired last night, I'm guessing the schedule for AEW and doing that stupid motorcycle show probably caught up with him. It's too bad the match took place, I'm hopeful that behind the scenes there were some pretty strict rules on what he could/couldn't do and how he could travel to get there.

The Jurassic Express/Page & Omega match was really good. I was surprised that they didn't continue the build that Omega was going to turn by having him squash Marko even more than he did.

Scorpio/Cody was decent, not as great as some of the other TNT belt matches, but still fun. I'm not a fan of Cody, but he has done a good job with these weekly matches. I do wish he could have had one or two be quick matches though. If each week they take up fifteen minutes on his matches it adds up. Also, I understand the build-up of his entourage, and the need to fill Dark with matches, but with all the talent they have available why am I seeing QT so much? It's just bizarre - "This is the Elite - we have the tag champions, the Bucks, the sons of Dusty Rhodes, and a guy with an apple."

The women's tag thing is weird - I watched this week's and it was really good - but I can't help but not be invested when most of the people involved aren't actually signed, correct? I mean, I can like someone in those matches all I want but aren't a lot of them going to vanish once travel opens up and injuries heal?

This discussion has been closed.