As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trailers: A Brief History

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Megan Fox is just distractingly attractive. The CGI cat looks really bad though. It looks worse than Ghost in the Darkness. Also, wasn't there a giant man eating croc flick called Rogue?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Megan Fox is just distractingly attractive. The CGI cat looks really bad though. It looks worse than Ghost in the Darkness. Also, wasn't there a giant man eating croc flick called Rogue?

That's rather unfair, seeing as croc eating habits are more along the lines of "anything I can kill and tear into small enough pieces to fit through my face".

That category including humans is more coincidental than preferential.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Rogue, the Australian crocodile movie, was a pretty fun monster movie.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Rogue, the Australian crocodile movie, was a pretty fun monster movie.

Can agree. Nice set up. Well done characters for such a flick and I liked the way some deaths just felt simple yet also gruesome, like the guy swimming away, screaming in fear while the croc just lazily swims up to him, grabbing his arm and slowly taking him under, with the others powerless to do anything.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

That's rather unfair, seeing as croc eating habits are more along the lines of "anything I can kill and tear into small enough pieces to fit through my face".

Wasnt this basically Betty White's character in Lake Placid.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »

Wasnt this basically Betty White's character in Lake Placid.

She's a national treasure in that movie:

(NSFW, language):

https://youtu.be/--K7uMtT_F4

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This is being promoted by HBOMax a lot recently and I don't think it showed up here, their streaming exclusive, but looks like Rogen's desire to make a feel good while feeling sad movie of his own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfx_krt4Mxo

And here's some other indie awkward UwU comedy movie that will probably be the critical darling of the year but IMO looks truly indie generic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUP1jRANIvg

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Why?

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    To create a Cinematic Uninurse.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Saw this trailer pop up on youtube watching, Project Power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1vQgVaYNQ

Pretty much just ripping off MGH from the past 15 years of Marvel comics and maybe Hourman too.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Getting powers from pills is a Marvel-only idea from the past 15 years?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Given the massive opioid crisis in the US along with the significant meth issues and a hugely corrupt police force that has thus far gone effectively untouched as they freely commit violence and murder without penalty, making a show about power-pill-popping cops dispensing justice seems... astoundingly tone-deaf. Just.. holy shit.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh good something literally no one asked for.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Last time I saw Will Forte in anything he was a gendarme that was sodomizing himself with a Mag-Lite.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I asked for it... :(

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

You ask'n for it!

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Last man on earth was an incredible tv show. I tried to watch macgruber and kind of just couldnt get into it, it was just like a step too far. But I enjoyed TLMoE so much that I'm gonna have to rewatch it and give this a chance.

steam_sig.png
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    MacGruber is maybe the dumbest movie I will watch anytime it's on.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    MacGruber made me audibly groan while I watched it. Involuntarily.

That's impressive. Day 1.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    MacGruber is maybe the dumbest movie I will watch anytime it's on.

MacGruber was so bad. In retrospect, I can’t believe I actually thought it would be good.

It’s one of two movies I’ve had to apologize to my date / friends for suggesting we go see.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    You can't say that without saying the other one :P

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • AlantabuckAlantabuck Registered User new member
    I like to watch speed movies, good racing movies that can be listed here?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Alantabuck wrote: »
    I like to watch speed movies, good racing movies that can be listed here?

Gone in 60 Seconds, Ronin, Tokyo Drift, Initial D(live action).

wVEsyIc.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    If you want to venture out of live action, Redline was incredible.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Ford V Ferrari / LeMans 66 (as appropriate for your territory) from last year was pretty good

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • StempyStempy Registered User regular
    Speed, Speed 2, Need for Speed, Speed Racer

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Speed Racer is, like, one third the most awesome, groundbreaking racing movie ever made, and two thirds forgettable trash. I do think it deserves more credit for that one third, though.

BloodySloth on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It needs a Star Wars Prequels type fan-recut before I'll give it that credit, but you're not wrong

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    And no one's mentioned Mad Max Fury Road yet?
    Mediocre!

edited August 2020
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    And no one's mentioned Mad Max Fury Road yet?
    Mediocre!

The flight of the 5 wives has more in common with the Chain of Dogs from Deadhouse Gates than a racing film.

It is fantastic though.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    the fast and the furious
    fast 5
    fast and furious 6
    fast & furious
    furious 7
    fate of the furious
    f9
    2 fast 2 furious
    tokyo drift

in that order

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    There's a hidden line in that list where you go from 'fun' movies to 'dumb' movies and never recover

The only hint I'll give is that it's a lot closer to the top than you'd probably think!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Torque

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDulv-J1bEs
    The real abortion was the friends we made along the way

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goddamn that is a cast

wbBv3fj.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Looks like a more rural looking version of needful things. NO SALE NETFRAUD!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I will watch anything Pattinson is in at this point, this looks awesome.

This discussion has been closed.