As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i was pretty excited about this game but i just learned there's no split screen couch way to play, which is a huge bummer. i hope it gets put in at some point.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    i was pretty excited about this game but i just learned there's no split screen couch way to play, which is a huge bummer. i hope it gets put in at some point.

I agree, but I doubt we'll see it as I'm not sure if any PS4 games let you online with multiple accounts on the same box.

I will say that my household has been having a blast just watching each other and passing the controller after being eliminated

Plus we've been earning levels and kudos so much faster due to there always being someone who wants a turn

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    There might also be some corner cases where you have a slight advantage by having 2 different camera angles on your screen in team games

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Won my first game on hex! Thanks random guy I was spectating for showing me the jumping technique.

But now every game is crashing and not giving me rewards. Not too fun.

My entire first night playing I never got hexa gone but I finally got it last night and yeah that minigame rules

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    I hope the update fixes the exploit on Block Party of people jumping to the top of the side walls.

Popular streamers are even shown doing it on video (Alpharad and RubberRoss to give an example) so it's only a matter of time before they raise the height or make it impossible.

It'a not a major exploit that impacts the overall gameplay but still shouldn't be allowed.

Eh, there's rarely a block party round that actually eliminates anyone, so not much hate on that. I think it needs to be reworked heavily in terms of blocks/cadence

I got a win last night in part because Block Party eliminated 2/3 of the people in the game, which gave us a Round Four Fall Mountain with only 6 people.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    That's insane and those people should be ashamed to die to block party

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I've had nearly full wipes on block party a couple times after the patch earlier this week that made everyone fumblier and made it faster/less forgiving.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    The grab meta has also led to a lot of people trying to gimp others, only to end up gimped themselves.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    That's insane and those people should be ashamed to die to block party

I feel like you haven't been hit with the "two walls with a space or jump in the middle" followed by a quick moving "it's actually a U/cup shape, thanks for playing" combo

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    The only times I've been eliminated in Block Party is because of other people

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    The game that I don't understand how people get eliminated is Roll Out.

Like I get that people somehow fall off cause you need X number of eliminations to move on, but literally the only time I've fallen there was because I was looking at my other monitor and didn't realize that the match had started.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Anyone who stands on the yellow bars of Slime Climb just to get in the way of others is a monster

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    H0b0man wrote: »

Like I get that people somehow fall off cause you need X number of eliminations to move on, but literally the only time I've fallen there was because I was looking at my other monitor and didn't realize that the match had started.

The two times I've fallen are because of mid air collisions from someone else jumping into my path. Thus now I only run from section to section.

Mvrck on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really hate the phrase "grab meta"

Failing to properly rotate the camera and thus missing crucial information on positioning, speed, and other players has been the biggest killer for us on Rollout and Jump (club? Can't remember). Sometimes you think you have more space/time than you really do.

Also everyone wearing the full 10 crown cost Chicken-in-Jacket costume from earlier this week has been a complete monster in my recent games. Apparently pushing, throwing, and blocking people off of platforms is a shared trait among these successful players

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dammit, I almost got my first win, but lost out in the most frustrating way possible. It was an 8 person tail grab, and while I had the the tail for a good long while twice, holding on to it is a PITA. So the near the end the guy with the tail successful avoids the pack following him and manages to out-think me as I try to cut him off (he went up a ramp rather than go around it to the other side like I was) I turn around out of muscle memory even though there's like 5 seconds left... AND THE DUDE MISSES HIS JUMP AND FALLS RIGHT FRONT OF ME!! I hit grab... and the grab doesn't connect and the game immediately ends.

So damn close!!!

Anywho, two thoughts.

1. The game desperately needs to let you do flips and twirls while joining a game.
    2. Why put a giant pachinko machine on the roster board and not really use it for anything other than visual effect. Put prizes on that thing for the eliminated to maybe get an extra bonus for their trouble! Maybe even a way back into the game if they're really lucky.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Okay I'm on the "I hate the tail game" bus.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I've learned that your teammates can steal your tail in Team Tail Tag and I wish there was a way to indicate that a teammate should take my tail so I can go steal another one.

Again, completely solved by awarding points for time spent holding a tail

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Round 1 Slime Climb is both the best and the worst thing.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »

There is a lot of grabbing and shoving going on with Roll Out and if you want to end it before it gets going to fast then you need to shove people into the holes, or grab them as they are about to jump so they fall into the hole. Basically Roll Out, Perfect Match and Tip Toe are games that encourage people shoving others into the void. And the slippery stuff at the top of Slime Climb is a great place to grab people and let them go so that they slide off the edge.

Ringo wrote: »
    I've learned that your teammates can steal your tail in Team Tail Tag and I wish there was a way to indicate that a teammate should take my tail so I can go steal another one.

Again, completely solved by awarding points for time spent holding a tail

yeah i think thats absolutely the fix, at least for the team one. otherwise I just afk for the first minute

not sure how to improve the solo version that appears as a final though. ive encountered it twice. the first time one guy basically made big loops around the perimeter while occasionally cutting through the middle and never got caught, and the second time that was me until the last 15 seconds and that felt extremely bad to lose. id almost rather just cut it entirely

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited August 2020
    i take it back, the fix for the solo one is still points but you have to hit X points to win so that you dont hit impossible to win scenarios due to timers

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020

also hi, my friends were playing this on Steam and accidentally invited me, so I just bought it to play with them lol
    Got my 1st W already, after all of them went offline and I did my first solo game lmao

Crippl3 on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wow, the controls in this feel very unresponsive!

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    wow, the controls in this feel very unresponsive!
    I had this problem on PS4, but not on Steam. But I haven't seen enough people complaining about it on PS4 to be sure if it's a general problem or if it has to do with my setup.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ohmygod we can all be a Larlars.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    For once Larlar is not a joke option.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    devolver is hosting a big streamer thingy this afternoon

uc3ufTB.png

This is amazing, but that dude clearly has some kind of speed hack going if you watch when he comes back into frame again

How or why that's possible I have no idea

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    cheating at any computer game is already kind of pathetic but cheating in a silly casual game clearly aimed at children is incredibly sad

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    also it's very funny though

liEt3nH.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I just assumed it was physics + latency fucking up

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Finally won a Hex-a-gone by doing the drop down and open up holes strategy, but I will still need five more to get the parrot variant skin.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

I have definitely had some weird physics in collisions. I got launched a whole two sections down field in Door Dash due to weird interactions right when I jumped to get through a choke points. Easiest win ever.

JayKaos wrote: »

Yeah, my first thought is that whatever he's doing on his end is triggering a specific latency effect

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Real strong, facetious.

I had my first lost on Perfect Match. I straight up got two tiles mixed up. I am ashamed.

Real strong, facetious.