As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Jericho definitely looked old/tired last night, I'm guessing the schedule for AEW and doing that stupid motorcycle show probably caught up with him. It's too bad the match took place, I'm hopeful that behind the scenes there were some pretty strict rules on what he could/couldn't do and how he could travel to get there.

The Jurassic Express/Page & Omega match was really good. I was surprised that they didn't continue the build that Omega was going to turn by having him squash Marko even more than he did.

Scorpio/Cody was decent, not as great as some of the other TNT belt matches, but still fun. I'm not a fan of Cody, but he has done a good job with these weekly matches. I do wish he could have had one or two be quick matches though. If each week they take up fifteen minutes on his matches it adds up. Also, I understand the build-up of his entourage, and the need to fill Dark with matches, but with all the talent they have available why am I seeing QT so much? It's just bizarre - "This is the Elite - we have the tag champions, the Bucks, the sons of Dusty Rhodes, and a guy with an apple."

The women's tag thing is weird - I watched this week's and it was really good - but I can't help but not be invested when most of the people involved aren't actually signed, correct? I mean, I can like someone in those matches all I want but aren't a lot of them going to vanish once travel opens up and injuries heal?

Heaven and Earth should be moved to get Lil' Swole (Nicole Savoy) signed, if she isn't already.

Also, following some of these indy performers if/when they perform elsewhere is fine. Some signed AEW talents will still wrestle in the indies when things open up again. OC comes to mind as one of them. I was ready to drop my IWTV sub when he went to AEW and wow nope, no need, he pulled double duty there.

Plus, frankly, I kinda like the matches they put on at indy promotions more. They tend to go longer, have more comedy and fun in them, I like the crowd interactions (although I hate how they lean onto the ringside, drives me nuts), I'm generally not disappointed in the action nor the finishes.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I love how she's still holding her toothbrush, using it as a pointer while she's talking to the police, because she probably doesn't even know it's still there. She's here for one fucking thing!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So I guess word is after this monday's RAW all WWE shows will be live from the Amway Arena in Orlando

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Yeah, so is Freelance...

Safe to say they won't be getting on the WWE Network any time soon.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I’ve read supposed AEW spoilers for the Saturday show

Big stuff, but it’s so far out I won’t mention anything but watch out folks

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    ECWA taking a strong stand in support of speakingout

Was deleted, what was it?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    ECWA taking a strong stand in support of speakingout

Was deleted, what was it?

Essentially if Joey Ryan and David Starr ever come back to the business, any ECWA talent that are booked for the shows they show up on and don't pull out of (effectively standing in solidarity/in endorsement of their being back) will no longer be allowed back in ECWA

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Well some actual news

guess AEW released Sadie Gibbs, and Bea and Jimmy Havok are gone from their roster pages so they are gone too?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Apparently Havok is retiring from wrestling last I heard

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    More eyes but not the same eyes. That's the problem. I realize I might be in the minority here but TV service is, at minimum, $35/month, and I'm not paying that just to watch Dynamite. If I wanted to, I wouldn't even have to pay that to watch any of the WWE shows. And yes, they put clips of Dynamite on YouTube, that's pretty much the only lens through which I watch Dynamite, and their clippings are brutal.

SOP, shifted slightly in a new era.

Before, you'd show the early rounds of a tournament on TV, then have the final on PPV.

Now, they have the prelims on YouTube, and the finals on TV.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Here's the thing about Rowan. If he was in control of the angle, I think he could have made it work. Dude just needs to straight up start making horror movies. The videos on his youtube channel were insane. It was full of super creepy, super well done stuff. Sure they were short clips, but I think the guy has a good head for that kind of stuff. Would I trust the WWE to do that kind of angle justice? Of course not. It'd be creepy the first week and a motherfucking clown show by the end of the month.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah Jericho definitely looked like he was missing a few beats, unfortunately. Fucking up those dragon screws and the finish. I'm sure they'll have a rubber match with some kinda wild stipulation at some PPV soon and maybe they'll put Cassidy over so Jericho can maybe take a few steps back and re-evaluate where his wrestling career is right now.

That being said, Cassidy getting the win is the first time my wife has legit popped for something in wrestling. She watched a fair amount of Attitude and Ruthless Aggression era with me, but wasn't super huge into it. AEW has really got her drawn in though.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Also, Uno coming in from the blind tag as Grayson held the ropes, faking out one of the Bucks into a leapfrog so Uno could catch him mid-jump and drop him with a german is something I am absolutely stealing.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I am still AMAZED that they don’t have Dark Order masks available to buy

I want to join >:[

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Some dang good bumping from MJF, too.

I don't expect him to get the title this soon, but when he does, hooooo boy he's gonna be just the most delightfully insufferable shitweasel ever. I'm honestly curious to know what he's like outside of wrestling, because it almost feels like he's a bit too good at being an asshole, especially with the way he treats his assistant, telling her to smile and such.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

I don't expect him to get the title this soon, but when he does, hooooo boy he's gonna be just the most delightfully insufferable shitweasel ever. I'm honestly curious to know what he's like outside of wrestling, because it almost feels like he's a bit too good at being an asshole, especially with the way he treats his assistant, telling her to smile and such.

I’ve seen some stuff that makes me think MJF is exactly that kind of asshole in real life.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

I’ve seen some stuff that makes me think MJF is exactly that kind of asshole in real life.

Like what kind of stuff?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I know he remains in character during interviews, fan meet ups, etc. Charging people for every picture, only doing the specific bare minimum required/advertised, refusing to touch people during photos.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The only couple of times I've seen him slip out of character was during Shot of Brandi and the Kenny Johnson documentary. I think most of that doc was actually truthful and then the spin towards the end is amazingly good.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Like what kind of stuff?

There was a story of MJF taking advantage of a female wrestler, not in a sexual assault way, but in a “we’re dating and you live with me but now I’m cheating on you and you should move out” way.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i like the dark order a lot and i hope brodie lee beats cody. i need more BIG MEN in the ring on a regular basis.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Like what kind of stuff?

Dated Allie Kat, proposed to her, convinced her to quit her job and move closer to him (away from family, away from friends, away from anyone who could financially support her if things went wrong, in a state she'd never been to before and had no idea where anything was; all concerns she made clear to him) and then almost immediately after broke up with her and made her move out

She'd later (or maybe before the tweet? I forget the timing of this part) admit that 1) she seriously contemplated quitting the business entirely over it and 2) she was forced to live in her car because it was the only resource she still had available

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Well, fuck, that's not cool.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I also have very little patience for "staying in character" outside of TV tapings and being a giant asshole to people

He is an actor playing a character, the second those cameras turn off he has zero defense for any shitty behavior he does.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Effy doing the "I am your mother" monologue from Hereditary. A+ use of Cameo.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Per Fightful they straight up didn't tell anyone Dream was coming back and most of the talent found out minutes before when they saw him backstage
    Velveteen Dream has been on the receiving end of 'significant heat' for a long time now, mainly due to his behavioural issues. Dream has also reportedly been given 'preferential treatment' in several situations. It was noted that any other Superstar in Dream's position would have been fired.

The heat hasn't ceased to exist as it was prevalent during his return as well. It was added that the company has not given any updates on the potential disciplinary action that may have been taken against Velveteen Dream.

• Options
    LOLWWE

Fuck them for that

2ohWien.png
  • Options

Of fucking course the grappling simulator is what gets Daniel Bryan to start a Twitch channel.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Of fucking course the grappling simulator is what gets Daniel Bryan to start a Twitch channel.

I really hope their training for the game is shown on Total Bellas. Wanna see Nikki pop a bottle of Belle Radici and work her way through the exact sequence to put on an arm bar.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    if Bryan's donation sound isn't YES! then why even bother

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options

I like that this stupid gimmick is still going. Not since the NDX podcast has anything ever been so underground or so a train that doesn't stop.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

That's a deep cut, Renee. Even the WWE has forgotten about Tout!

• Options
    #NaomiDeservesBetter currently trending on twitter again after tonight's WWE thing

“Sounds like a hashtag campaign won’t help her win this battle royal” - Graves after Naomi was eliminated

• Options
    Luckily WWE's become quite adept at turning their constant failure to push the person the audience wants to see into a formula where they get to pretend that neglecting talent was the plan all along.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Im going to link this but....Tanahashi in a bikini

NSFW

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/1294496146518286337

This discussion has been closed.