As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Freshnuts.tm

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    make it so zen ult doesnt heal he just shoots a thousand balls a second at every enemy in the radius

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

The Zen expy in Paladins does a kamehameha that zaps through the entire map.

And it's not even considered a particularly good ult!

But is damn satisfying to use.

ztrEPtD.gif
    It took like 3 times before I could even notice the ult going off, by the numbers that popped elsewhere. Very subtle after Overwatch I guess 0.o

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    make it so zen ult doesnt heal he just shoots a thousand balls a second at every enemy in the radius

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

That doesn't seem anything like Zen!

Coinage wrote: »

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

It seems like a hanzo dragon that occurs very, very quickly. Over the course of like a second, tops.

edited August 2020

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

They play virtually identically and are in the same roles. Long range, damage oriented support with terrible mobility. Heal is a long range but low potency status that persists over time that is much better suited for flankers than tanks. Alternate is a debuff that when you're playing him, you spend 75% of your time just calling it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdMKHBGkx0w
    Chance wrote: »

EXPERIENCE... MY BALLS

It seems like a hanzo dragon that occurs very, very quickly. Over the course of like a second, tops.

In Overwatch numbers it would only do ~240 damage with a 1.2 second windup. One shots squishies, takes off about half health from tanks, but easily walked out of or dodged with basically any movement ability, and can be taken out from one-shot range through the MOBA-like in-game items, hence why it's considered pretty average on Paladins's more open maps and mobility focuses.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Neat! That was a perfect way to translate Paladins for me lol

Side note, and to be more on topic, I know Zen's not in as dire need of a rework as some other characters, but I really wish he'd get one if for no other reason than to fix the frustration of his long reload being interrupted by both his abilities. He just so often feels bad, and is just so helpless in a way that even Ana isn't to divers, which is a problem with how many characters have such strong engages. Too often, I feel like Dischord is just something you put on enemies either basically just to put it on SOMEONE, or because you're already firing at them, and it's rare that you want it on someone you're not shooting at. Just make it an automatic debuff that applies whenever you hit them, and that'd free up an ability slot. I also kind of wish his LMB and RMB were combined in some way. They could do something clever like combine his RMB and Reload to expel remaining ammo and automatically reload after it, or just LMB automatically charges if held instead of firing volleys.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I've been learning Ana in this lately while playing with friends. While I'm still getting used to her, I do have to say my favorite thing so far is putting Doomfist to sleep. Either when he's trying to dive me and has booped me into the air, or when he's trying to charge up his punch. The punch in particular feels hilarious with the sounds he makes while charging it up and everything then... nope, just smashes into the ground unconscious. Had one about to kill my friend on Moira and ignoring me, so I put a tranq in his back and then we killed him!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This Roadhog buff is such bullshit, you can literally just hook with ridiculous range, one shot kill, and then huff yourself back to normal while you walk back to your team. Reduce his damage reduction or his chain length or remove crit hits with primary. You want Hog to be the scary damage tank in close quarters, cool, but he has no downside with puff being so strong to make up for mistakes or going too far from his team. At least back in season 3 he didn't have the long range alt fire.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    This Roadhog buff is such bullshit, you can literally just hook with ridiculous range, one shot kill, and then huff yourself back to normal while you walk back to your team. Reduce his damage reduction or his chain length or remove crit hits with primary. You want Hog to be the scary damage tank in close quarters, cool, but he has no downside with puff being so strong to make up for mistakes or going too far from his team. At least back in season 3 he didn't have the long range alt fire.

hog is like the least played and least effective tank and the thing you're complaining about has been his entire thing since the day he was created (or at least since they removed the root from his heal, which was a necessary change and I can't believe he was released that way in the first place)

hog is like the least played and least effective tank and the thing you're complaining about has been his entire thing since the day he was created (or at least since they removed the root from his heal, which was a necessary change and I can't believe he was released that way in the first place)

Coupled with Sigma he's allowed not even to be the ult battery for the other team because of the barrier, so you're basically getting this new deathball combo where Hog in the moving centerpiece who can't die unless you go all mirror tank with burst damage. Again, on console he's never been a trash pick because of the way it's played and he can just be another DPS.

After playing experiment what I'm seeing is the Sigma nerfs did nothing, the Bridget nerfs did nothing because the inspire buff balances out a lot more than her losing health, Symmetra is showing up more in hybrids but not really being a problem outside of the fast ult charge, Zenyatta is Spamyatta again with his near Hamzo tree trunk spread, Pharah is fine and you're seeing more flying DPS duos now. The only nerf that actually did it's job to shift the meta is Orisa is gone, which if fine because omnic trash.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Hogs downside is he has no resistance to every CC in the game and they kind of fuck him.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Hogs downside is he has no resistance to every CC in the game and they kind of fuck him.

And he's still got a giant circular hitbox.

And no armor HP.

And the well-documented disadvantage to the strategy of mitigating damage by self-healing that enemies get a lot more ult charge out of him than other tanks.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    The hookshot combo is basically the only reason he's a tank even though he doesn't protect his team. He suppresses the enemy with the threat of it.

Zek on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Hog is one of my favorite characters to play, but he's also one of my favorite characters for the enemy team to pick when I go someone like Ana. It's like sleepdarts gain homing against Roadhog.

edited August 2020
    Be aware, a new very easy to execute bug with Mei can displace turret models. Their location is correct, but the model is sent off to the default 'center of map' error-handling location. Animations come from the models, but Sym turrets only shoot a small distance, so you're killed by invisible turrets.

Jump to 4 minutes to see the bug and how it looks in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfXS0SjvEI

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    When you know that the fight is over and your German blood is calling you to the void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWcoWqCtt1Y

(I legitimately did not mean to walk off. I think either a small lag spike or the Zarya accidentally bumped me)

I've got my platinum touch for the season, so it's time for the game to throw me into a stream of nothing but throwers and griefers. Actually had two straight up throwers in the last couple days, both people who just AFKed at spawn the entire match, but both on the other team. But since my record is currently... *checks* 50-24-4, yeah, sure. A nearly 65% win rate. Thanks again for dropping me close to an entire rank in placements as usual, Blizzard.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Played Pharah for the first time in forever last night and held Dorado 2nd point Vs. a Mei and Sym that would ultimately switch to Ashe and Sombra.

This is me taking a long range duel with the Ashe.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

That's not funny at all.

p529nhr3mbr7.gif

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    that new mei sym bug is fantastic too, if you haven't seen it...:(

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    good lord, I was trying to do this week's challenge and get my arcade boxes at the same time last night, and i swear to god i must have lost 15 matches in a row. it was a combo of classic arcade and mystery heroes so i expected a shitshow, but holy fuck

I got 8/9 last night and the 9th this afternoon ^.^ I like how much broader the pools become during events. I can play with people more my speed more often.

i only got 7 wins and i played for hours

although i should cop to my own part in it, i was in a tracer mood so i insta-locked her all night and fed my goddamn brains out more than once

• ZekZek Registered User regular

although i should cop to my own part in it, i was in a tracer mood so i insta-locked her all night and fed my goddamn brains out more than once

Locking a character always puts you at the disadvantage - the enemy can counter you all they like and you'll just have to keep playing into them. Sometimes you just gotta be willing to play a runner up hero.

Zek wrote: »

Locking a character always puts you at the disadvantage - the enemy can counter you all they like and you'll just have to keep playing into them. Sometimes you just gotta be willing to play a runner up hero.

oh i mean i definitely switched off if i was getting countered, i was just starting off as tracer basically every time and expecting my team to pick accordingly

which obviously isn't a winning strategy, but when i play arcade i'm playing for fun more than wins anyway

Yeeeah, spoke too soon there. Three games with throwers in a row. A Torb who just W-ed straight into the enemy team every time. A Bastion who straight up didn't leave spawn during the first push, then left after he died in the second. Then that same Torb again, but on the enemy team. I didn't even notice at first, but then his team immediately started complaining about him and... yuuuup.

ztrEPtD.gif
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/

I think everything from experimental went through except the Sym primary buff.

Brig and Orisa, man. Were there really too many people playing them?

ztrEPtD.gif
    I was hoping they would listen to the community and fix comp lucioball for the final two weeks but no dice, so I'm just sitting that out the rest of the event. Maybe when they look at the drop in player traffic they'll kick whoever thought of the revision off the summer games team.

Wao those live changes. Dis gon be gud.

edited August 2020
    The changes to Brig and Orisa (and SIgma) are pretty clearly aimed specifically at nerfing double shield comps in OWL. At most levels those characters were perfectly fine as is, but also at most levels these changes aren't going to have a massive impact anyway. (Well the Brig changes might, but most people would already rather play any other support so I doubt she sees much of a shift).

On Plat Chat, Sideshow was theorizing that with these changes we might see a Ball-Zarya meta (some teams have already been playing it with decent results) and if that happens we've officially entered the Chengdu Zone, and if they could sneak their way into the playoffs they might actually put together a run.

It's pretty unlikely, but definitely fun to think about.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i really can't believe they went through with the orisa speed change. I get the range change, but the speed makes it almost pointless to use in most situations. they just took a big dump on a character that already had a ton of problems...sad
    other changes seem fine. we'll see how big the divide between gold and lower vs the higher tiers on double shield. I suspect it's going to get more prominent.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    They really don't like giving Sym buffs do they.

Might as well rework her again at this point.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    They really don't like giving Sym buffs do they.

Might as well rework her again at this point.

The DPS that a supported Sym can put out is still ridiculous, and her new TP is super-strong in a lot of situations. I think Sym and Torb are kind of intended to be circumstantial picks, and they're circumstantially kind of OP when well-supported (and well-played).

Like I just win games when the reds have a Genji/Tracer/Sombra DPS and I swap to Torb. Either they swap to counter or we just win, if my team is not totally inept.

If they are, well, no cheese pick will save us.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    It had been a while since i ran across a bunch of whiners in chat during a game, but yesterday felt the need to remind me that some of the old ways are still there.

People yelling at our widow for hacking. People saying "EZ" when they win a round 35-100, but then get all uppity when our team says it. The pharah on our team berating both our team and their team forcing me to say "alright, i'm done healing you." And of course the classic "Its just QP, bruh."

Did somehow manage my 3 wins though which was capped by a Mercy performance on Eichwald that even i was impressed by and got all the shotcaller recommendations. OW still good, still haven't touched the 5 newest heroes for more than 1 or 2 rounds.

steam_sig.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Are the free boxes not event loot boxes? I feel like I've been putting in the effort but I only get like.. 1 box every 2 or more days
    Some real poverty feelings going on

Are the free boxes not event loot boxes? I feel like I've been putting in the effort but I only get like.. 1 box every 2 or more days

You get a free event box for logging in during the event.

Boxes earned from going tank or support when the cues need it are only ever vanilla, non-event boxes.

Chance wrote: »

You get a free event box for logging in during the event.

Boxes earned from going tank or support when the cues need it are only ever vanilla, non-event boxes.

They were event boxes once. I remember a big hullabaloo over it.

Then during the same event, they stopped being and haven't been since.

ztrEPtD.gif