As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - And Also How

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - And Also How

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    While not about video games, I've had this type of conversation with my dad. Bought a PS3 and a PC he hooked to the TV, for the sole purpose of playing Blu-rays.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    To be honest, my PS3 probably got more use as a blu-ray player than it did as a game console.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Kwisatz Haderach Kwisatz Haderach The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it. Registered User regular
    In recent years my PS3 has been relegated to putting Amazon Prime on my TV :)

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The "And Also How" part from the comic title is the part I'm most interested in.

What does Halo 5 look like on a phone? Has it been downrezed to the point of being stick figures? Does it look like a Nintendo 64 game?

• Options
    itsamamaluigiitsamamaluigi Registered User new member
    I think it runs at 720p. So it still looks like Halo 5. Lag wasn't too bad either (I only played campaign though, not multiplayer).

Some games work better than others. Forza and Ace Combat were too laggy. Ori was fine.

• Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    While I get Tycho's point, I'm so happy I discovered Steam link, so sometimes I can just play a relaxing game comfortably laying in bed, so I can't really judge

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I 100% identify with Gabe here, and it applies equally to Switch, Vita, hell even GBA. There's something irrationally exciting about TV/monitor games moved to a tiny screen in your hands.

Tycho's logic is inescapable but somehow irrelevant.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    While not about video games, I've had this type of conversation with my dad. Bought a PS3 and a PC he hooked to the TV, for the sole purpose of playing Blu-rays.

In fairness, I don't know if it's still the case, but for a while the PS3 basically as good and reliable as a dedicated Blu-Ray device and comparably priced.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    I feel like the monitor should've been larger. Like, much larger. Maybe a projector/wall setup.

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    Guilty.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

In fairness, I don't know if it's still the case, but for a while the PS3 basically as good and reliable as a dedicated Blu-Ray device and comparably priced.

Once upon a time, but no more. Blu ray players have gotten cheap now, I have one on the bedroom TV that cost less than $50 (ostensibly a smart player but doesn't support current versions of any service I know of except Pluto TV). Even a used PS3 is more than that.

• Options
    ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Scolding the purchase of a PS3 and a PC to play Blu-rays, wasn't meant to say those things can't serve that function. My point was he bought multiple expensive electronics to serve the same purpose.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Scolding the purchase of a PS3 and a PC to play Blu-rays, wasn't meant to say those things can't serve that function. My point was he bought multiple expensive electronics to serve the same purpose.

To wit: A major reason that the PS2 was the best-selling console of all time was that it also functioned as a DVD player.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    il biggoil biggo Registered User regular
    Gabe: "my workflow is all Google apps"
    also Gabe : uses an iPhone.

• Options
    Wade the WilsonWade the Wilson Wade the Wilson The City of Lost AngelsRegistered User new member
    Anyone know what phone this is?