As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What forms of wit are lower than sarcasm?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    the only acceptable tattoos are those of mr cool ice

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I'm gonna nominate Mr. Plinkett reviews. Both the review segments themselves and the dreadful interludes.
    The SW Episode 1 review actually had some legit film technique stuff included in the commentary.

But after you hear about it for that film, you can apply it to the next two on your own so there was no point in making any more.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've got warhammer tattoos, we're all dumb-ass nerds here. I can still have an opinion about dickbutt.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I've got warhammer tattoos, we're all dumb-ass nerds here. I can still have an opinion about dickbutt.

Warhammer is cool tho- HAhaha I couldn't do it

Which is another form of humor that could be a response in this thread.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah whatever if you don’t like dickbutt who cares, just saying it is super classy to specifically call out people who have a tattoo of something you don’t like.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah whatever if you don’t like dickbutt who cares, just saying it is super classy to specifically call out people who have a tattoo of something you don’t like.

Especially if that "something you don't like" is, you know, white supremacist shit.

I'm classy?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Dickbutt is white supremacy shit?

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I swear to christ if any of you try to tell me dickbutt is white supremacy shit I will burn the fucking internet down

they can have dickbutt when they pry it from my cold dead butt

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Dickbutt is white supremacy shit?
    I haven't heard this before.

There's a miasma of confusion surrounding the stupid frog thing, I have no idea if it's still a used-by-bigots thing or not. I just prefer to not see it at all to be safe.

Just that you have to even ask if your meme icon has been coopted is a prime example of why it's a bad tattoo idea.

Dickbutt was made by kc "killallnerds.exe" green, it should be ok

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    KC Green hates dickbutt now because it has been appropriated by channers.

I was facetiously pointing out that yes while criticizing other people's tattoos is usually a dick(butt) move, there are legitimate reasons to judge folks for having certain kinds.

Weaver wrote: »
    Just that you have to even ask if your meme icon has been coopted is a prime example of why it's a bad tattoo idea.

Yeah except fuckin altrighters are apparently trying to co-opt goddamn Hawaiian shirts or whatever they just see some random bullshit and go "this is nazi stuff now" there's no rhyme or reason to it

Yeah but hawaiin shirt patterns didn't originate as an insular hur-hur elbow nudge internet aren't we so clever in-joke.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Holy shit lighten up, it’s a doodle

sig.gif
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

At some point we're going to have to re-appropriate some symbols, otherwise the internet's gutters are gonna have all of them.

Speaking of,

I would say that channer humor is the lowest form of wit, but it doesn't actually have any wit to it to begin with, so nevermind.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

At some point we're going to have to re-appropriate some symbols, otherwise the internet's gutters are gonna have all of them.

Speaking of,

I would say that channer humor is the lowest form of wit, but it doesn't actually have any wit to it to begin with, so nevermind.

We’ve stolen their meme format with the bearded blond guy profile and virgin/chad jokes, that’s something

sig.gif
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I was facetiously pointing out that yes while criticizing other people's tattoos is usually a dick(butt) move, there are legitimate reasons to judge folks for having certain kinds.

I mean, I would hate that person for their fascism rather than their fascist tattoo, and if anything, makes them easier spot. (This normalises fascism so I want to make it clear I am being ridiculous)

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Remarkably this humor thread has rapidly become the least funny place on the forum.

tynic wrote: »
    Remarkably this humor thread has rapidly become the least funny place on the forum.

I believe that was the intent, and as such it is a resounding success.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

oh is that why? I thought it was just because it was yet another thing he made that went super viral and got stolen left and right and he never saw a cent from

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Crap, is this the part where the frog dies in the process?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yes please kill Pepe the frog.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    RIPpit

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Humour is fake satire is fake all work is sham

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Holy shit lighten up, it’s a doodle

702.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Crap, is this the part where the frog dies in the process?

Because, you see, in some commonwealth countries, "doodle" is juvenile slang for penis, much like "willy".

So, SimBen's post has a double meaning! It's just a drawing, AND it's just a dick!

Get it?

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'll admit I find Dickbutt funny and I've never touched the Devil's Lettuce.

Also, I wear almost exclusively Hawaiian shirts and absolutely no one has ever questioned it - I think that little attempt to take over floral shirts has tanked pretty quickly in most areas.

Finally, the lowest form of humor is Youtube pranks. Whatever hell Punk'd has brought forth is pretty much my least favorite thing in the world.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I too enjoy a good Loss image. It long ago became about camouflaging it or doing it in a new and interesting way to me.

Also puns are great.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited August 2020
    Where do patent drawings fall for people?

https://i.imgur.com/nqYOiOY.jpg

(yes this one was real)

Henroid on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I can't stand overly long jokes. Jokes can be lengthy, but someone perpetuating the bit to annoy others or "that's what makes it funny" just becomes insufferable.

Like, I find Elliot Kalan on The Flop House funny, but I have never appreciated a skip button more.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Miming masturbation to convey contempt.

This makes me laugh every single time.

Especially if it's time correctly.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Better Nate than lever

edited August 2020
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Miming masturbation to convey contempt.

This makes me laugh every single time.

Especially if it's time correctly.
    The "Slow Jerk" skit from WKUK comes to mind right now.

Edit - NSFW warning btw.

Henroid on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.

I dunno Oscar, I think we can and do have worse! Saying "Gesundheit!" after someone uses an obscure word, for example. Or deliberately mispronouncing names like 'M. Night Shyamalan' or 'Benedict Cumberbatch'. What else you got, SE++?

(To be clear, I'm talking 'low' in terms of structure, here, rather than level of cruelty or even how funny the joke is. Perhaps a good rule of thumb is 'How easily could an AI be trained to make new examples of the wit-form with human-equivalent timing and execution?')

Your mom is a lower form of wit than sarcasm!

This is simultaneously really dumb and really clever. You have created a joke paradox. A zingularity, if you will.

Butler on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    GET OFF THE STAGE

Sorce on
    sig.gif