As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I'm getting an error message when trying to join the server, something about Paper 1.6.1 and the server not being the correct version? Is this something I need to fix on my end?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Are you on latest Minecraft 1.16.1? It should let you join if you are.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
    I'm on 1.16.2; I got auto updated

Ah, figured out how to downgrade the version to 1.16.1, I can join now

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Oh 1.16.2 came out this week, I'll update the server sometime then.

• Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Oh hey I finally remembered my password. Is there a central location to find the everything I need to find the server? The stuff in the first post seems out of date.

@Cathode Ray Tube
    Server IP: se-minecraft.ddns.net

• Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Cathoderaytube will need to be white listed too.

Cathoderaytube will need to be white listed too.

You should be whitelisted!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Hey guys... I restarted my Bedrock server recently and it looks like it updated to the latest version. My kids were able to update their Minecraft versions on their tablets but I can't figure out how to update mine. I'm using the Windows 10 version. I have gone to the store, clicked the 3 dots, and then downloads & updates and when I check for updates nothing shows up. What gives?

e: Turns out I joined the Beta a long time ago and never opted out.

urahonky on
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    What program to you all use to run Java?

I'm interested in making a world where I run Sildurs Shaders and the Create mod, but for some reason I've been hesitant to get FTB since I could only find the file on github.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited April 2023
    Hey everyone,

I uploaded the last 2 maps to the shared folder of old minecraft maps if anyone wants a copy for themselves.

[link]

Aeyther on
    edited June 2022
    Here's an updated post with server info if anyone is interested, hopefully this provides some helpful info for anyone new wanting to join. I'll put a link to this post in my signature too.

SE++ Minecraft Server Info: There is a whitelist, you can post here or in discord (ping me), or PM me (forums or discord) with your Minecraft name. Discord will get you the fastest response.

Here are the SE rules from a previous thread that were used previously with some updates, these will apply here:
    • Don't be a dick. Build a dick if you must, but don't act like one. Remember the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.)
    • Ask the admins if you have any questions.
    • You can invite your friends but if your friends are jerks you may get banned along with them. Life is cruel.
    • Please read the thread and/or Discord for important information regarding the server. This is where we keep everyone up-to-date, and where most of everyone else discuss their projects.

Aeyther on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Been a hot minute, buuuuuuut, anybody still playing? I've been logging in here and there but all's quiet on the western front.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Been a hot minute, buuuuuuut, anybody still playing? I've been logging in here and there but all's quiet on the western front.

I've been playing a little bit by myself, not on the public server.

I haven't really played much, been getting back into WoW lately with the next expansion coming soon. Plus Animal Crossing now has pumpkins so that will keep me occupied there as well.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Vrtra's house is ballin'. Got the pool ready for a party and all the views.

n66p14l1nl2x.png
    8umz36be229b.png
    dmx3vkli8f0c.png

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I've finally gotten back to playing on the server in a big way, the last few days. I wasn't on today but I'll be playing far more often.

Cool! Just checking in, I plan to keep dinkin’ around here and ther. I was gonna play some this weekend but it ended up being family time like, the whole weekend.

Hah nice screenshots webguy! I've been a little sidetracked lately, was replaying Dark Souls and then this Hades game came out, but soon I need to come back... have some improvements planned for the pig man xp farm!

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We should all try to get on at the same time at some point this weekend, for like an hour or two for a spawn project. That could be fun.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Well after years of not playing Minecraft because my motion sickness was really getting to me, I'm happy to report that I discovered relatively recent updates added accessibility features for reducing motion sickness! I just ran a test session where I played a survival mode game and after almost two hours I felt fine.

I am so, SO happy to be able to play this game again!

Apologies for double-posting but I am curious to know what texture packs people like to use. I am personally looking for something which is fantasy-themed OR close to vanilla... and one which won't make my potato laptop cry (so no crazy shader resource packs).

Apologies for double-posting but I am curious to know what texture packs people like to use. I am personally looking for something which is fantasy-themed OR close to vanilla... and one which won't make my potato laptop cry (so no crazy shader resource packs).

For low res packs I'm a big fan of Johnsmith, Painterly and Summer Fields.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    What's the go-to for texture packs these days? I'm getting the itch to play but all my stuff's outdated.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    What's the go-to for texture packs these days? I'm getting the itch to play but all my stuff's outdated.

I use 256 PureBDcraft with a lot of the addons like 3d leaves and 3d blocks and stuff.

For low res, Johnsmith, Painterly and Summer Fields are my favorites

I've used PureBDcraft for a long time, it's a good pack.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Excalibur's (16x) not quite updated to 1.16 but since I haven't done anything in the nether in my singleplayer game it's suiting me just fine. They'll update soon enough. I'm also using Sildur's Shaders because I can't live without it's lighting and rain effects anymore, but I haven't bothered with any other type of shader. I will say with Excalibur it's difficult to tell the difference between raw stone types.

I thought that Painterly hasn't been updated in years?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    I went with the Lithos pack... looks real pretty!

I'm currently working on a massive two-story treehouse for my main base. The first level is going to be my bedroom and all the various crafting supplies and tables. Then the second floor is going to be a library and enchanting table. May I post some screenshots in this thread?

I went with the Lithos pack... looks real pretty!

I'm currently working on a massive two-story treehouse for my main base. The first level is going to be my bedroom and all the various crafting supplies and tables. Then the second floor is going to be a library and enchanting table. May I post some screenshots in this thread?

Heck yea! Join the discord too if you're not on it yet.

Oh, I don’t think I knew we had a Discord!

Not that I expect anyone to be online when I’m awake.

Meta and I killed the dragon last night, so the end is clear if you want to explore. The portal is accessible by heading east on the nether highway from spawn. Also, you can admire Flamingo's impressive endstone tunnels...

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dang, I wonder if combat has been rebalanced or something since the last time I played. Used to feel like once I was in full iron I was functionally invincible, not so much now. Maybe I'm just playing worse.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Forum search continues to be trash.

Don't know when I'll be able to get on, but I would like to be whitelisted, @Aeyther please and thank you!

e: I am catching up on Giant Bomb content, and their streams have put the urge back in me. And Pocket is just... no. It ain't right. (I installed it proper on the computer here two days ago...)

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
    pooka wrote: »
    Forum search continues to be trash.

Don't know when I'll be able to get on, but I would like to be whitelisted, @Aeyther please and thank you!

e: I am catching up on Giant Bomb content, and their streams have put the urge back in me. And Pocket is just... no. It ain't right. (I installed it proper on the computer here two days ago...)

Added!

Are we going to launch a new map with the caves update? Looks like a pretty big change.

...I haven't tried yet, but I just realized I didn't put my name for the whitelist, which is actually _Pooka_
    Sorry!

lfchwLd.jpg
    I would say yes, the new world generation makes mountains look amazing.

Aeyther wrote: »
    I would say yes, the new world generation makes mountains look amazing.

I haven't even checked out the mountains. Just the new awesome caves.

edited February 2021
    In April 2020
    pooka wrote: »
    Aeyther g'head and whitelist me, please. don't know when i could be back --i'm in the wrong country in a household of Apple-- but having the option will be nice.
    _Pooka_

Oh haha, oops. :rotate:

Anyway, dug and built a bit over by the chasm. After /while getting shot by skellingtons and mauled by zombies because I refused to just hide at night.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg