As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I am still AMAZED that they don’t have Dark Order masks available to buy

I want to join >:[

https://www.joindarkorder.com

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The nL cancer charity stream with Evil Uno is live

They've been going for not even 20 minutes, haven't started a game yet, and are already over $8k (over 40% of their goal)

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Positive COVID tests in both Stardom and TJPW

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The nL cancer charity stream with Evil Uno is live

They've been going for not even 20 minutes, haven't started a game yet, and are already over $8k (over 40% of their goal)

XyJkJW4.jpg
    4a91nzY.png?1

Colt also joined the stream:

7TananF.png

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    They've surpassed $40k and are currently setting up to play Fall Guys with Uno, Colt, and Dakota Kai

Colt's never played before

edit: He is playing with a controller he bought in Japan that nobody has been able to google. Unsurprisingly there have been issues with Steam recognizing it during playing

11:11PM update: the night's ending with nL and Uno playing Uno with Xavier Woods, and Brodie Lee joined to shit-talk Xavier so Uno can win

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Austin Creed just showed up to play Uno
    Brodie Lee showed up in the Discord call just to tell Austin "fuck you"

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Brodie's sticking around watching to encourage Uno and to mess Xavier up

I love them so much

edit: it's working too hahaha

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Colt's controller

yes he wrote stuff on it in Sharpie so he'd remember

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Maybe he should Sharpie "don't be a nonce" onto something, see if it helps him keep that in order.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Maybe he should Sharpie "don't be a nonce" onto something, see if it helps him keep that in order.

Speaking of nonce's Ryder went to Disney *facepalm* and was wearing his mask upside down (half assume he put it on just for the picture)

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did Colt do something bad?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Speaking of nonce's Ryder went to Disney *facepalm* and was wearing his mask upside down (half assume he put it on just for the picture)

He's gone to Universal a bunch too, and he definitely had it on the whole time or he'd be kicked out.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Former ROH champion and northeast indies star Xavier has passed away at 43.

His ladder match with Low Ki was one of the matches that got me into indy wrestling way back when. RIP

https://youtu.be/XgKr7d504Iw

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Catching up on the latest NJPW Strong and I'm impressed with how much Clark Conners lacks in experience he makes up for with intensity. Normally when you see Young Lions they've got a little something to prove with their basic moveset but this dude aggressively hiptossed somebody.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Catching up on the latest NJPW Strong and I'm impressed with how much Clark Conners lacks in experience he makes up for with intensity. Normally when you see Young Lions they've got a little something to prove with their basic moveset but this dude aggressively hiptossed somebody.

I love it when someone really puts a lot of emphasis and effort into an otherwise fairly "normal" move. Like, Edge's spears were absolutely weak as piss for a long time, but in the period just before "Bluetista", Batista was spearing people so hard they flew backwards multiple feet, they looked like they'd been hit by a fucking car.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Apparently he’d been stalking her for years online. He planned to take her hostage, but came loaded for bear- a knife, mace, duct tape and zip ties- and he admitted he’d been planning this for eight months. Cut his way through a screen door, and Sonya and a guest fled the house after seeing him.

He’s facing charges of attempted armed kidnapping, armed robbery, aggravated stalking (all felonies) and misdemeanor criminal mischief. Considering this could have ended so much worse than it did...

People are fucking nuts. Thank anything this ended without bloodshed.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    this was the most perfect setup ever

• Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Can't we all just get beyond Thunderdome?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Can't we all just get beyond Thunderdome?

Well, yeah, it's possible.

But to do so, you're gonna want the keys to the last of the V8 Pursuit Specials, the Interceptor.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am sure they checked but God it would be hilarious if WB still had the trademark on ThunderDome and went "hahahahahaha no."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I am sure they checked but God it would be hilarious if WB still had the trademark on ThunderDome and went "hahahahahaha no."

I am not confident they checked. I think Vince came up with the name, never having seen Mad Max, and nobody said anything.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Snickers presents the Fabulous Moolah Thunderdome

Sorry, I've just been handed something

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

I can't wait to see how many fucking drones fall into the ring and/or get drop kicked. Would truly have been Vanguard 1's time to shine.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Rusev was on Ryback's podcast
    Why can't I do that? Why can't I show my personality backstage? Why can't I go in the ring and do what I do? Then I was told, 'Don't look at the people, don't smile, don't do this.' Really? Everything I'm doing, it seems the people are liking it. Why am I getting over and you're telling me to do the opposite? I didn't understand, I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it.

[Rusev Day] was going on. There was no way the office didn't notice because it was before, after, during the show. It was everywhere. I always felt defeated because what was I doing it for? It was all competition and finally, I got to a point of, 'wow, we're doing something right.' There's no way it wasn't noticed. The first meeting it was, 'they're fucking with you, they don't mean what they're saying.' I respect and I listen because I always want to listen from Vince. He had everybody on his side. In my mind, I knew it wasn't true. They started putting my segments early so the 'Rusev Day' chants would go away. I was not even supposed to be on WrestleMania, the year I lost to Jinder. I was not on TV for three weeks. I'm sitting backstage all night and listening to people chant 'Rusev Day.' I went to one of the writers and I'm like, 'This is not right.' This is the first time I yelled at a writer, and I felt bad. He was like, 'We don't know what to do.' What do you mean you don't know what to do? Just listen. They'll tell you what to do. They're shoving me down and I don't understand why. What am I fighting for? I did everything, right? I went to acting classes, I started working on my body, I did all the extra stuff. I was just defeated. When Vince said the second time, 'they're fucking with you,' I said, 'Vince, we have sold out all of our merchandise.' 'What do you mean?' 'The shirt is sold out.' 'Well, maybe they didn't make enough.' 'They didn't make enough shirts, that's why it's sold out? Not because we're doing good? Really?' Then they didn't know what to do, good guy or bad guy, come on, man.

What am I doing, why am I giving everything I had? I understand it's my dream, but gosh darn. Thank God I did good enough with my investments, I don't need to work there at all. My wife works there, she is happy, good for her, I am done.

Obviously all fucked up and depressing, but man

The balls it takes to look him dead in the eyes after he says "I sold out all the merch you've provided for me" and respond "Guess we made too few of it, no wonder"

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »

I am not confident they checked. I think Vince came up with the name, never having seen Mad Max, and nobody said anything.

More likely he saw the movie thirty years ago and now is so checked-out he thinks it's a dead IP he can pillage as he sees fit.

• Options
    Meanwhile the guy who looked the other way on Demott looks the other way on Dream
    "You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously," Levesque said. "You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn't. In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That's what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone's attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there's nothing there.

An accuser straight up said last week nobody in WWE talked to them during the "investigation"

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

Ok, first let's note that it takes Ibushi a full week to respond to you on Twitter. Second I really want the long fantasy booked NJPW VS WWE angle to be kicked off by Ibushi not understanding contracts or copyright law.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    That match contains one of my favorite bits in wrestling which is Pin->kick out->quick move before they even get up->Pin->kick out

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    oh holy shit lmao

Rey Mysterio worse the Spider Man colours when he wrestled Ultimo Dragon in his pink wcw gear for world war 3

that is amazing

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So looking over the card for AEW next week, and they announced 6 matches, plus there'll probably be another Mox/MJF segment and some sort of fallout segment from Jericho/Orange.

- Deadly Draw finals
    - Cody vs Brodie Lee (TNT Title)
    - FTR vs Private Party
    - Dark Order vs Kenny & the Bucks
    - Lucha Bros and Butcher & Blade vs Jurassic Express and Nightmare Collection
    - Darby Allin match

Y'all, that Women's tag team final is getting like 5 minutes and will happen right at the end of that second hour just so Tony Khan can point to the nose-diving ratings as to why they book the women so shittily.

Oh hey, so that women's tag team final that will be on the show Saturday may get more than 5 minutes
    Because Brandi's team won in a match that can generously be described as "bad". The first advertised women's match in weeks featuring perhaps the worst performer on the roster is definitely some kind of message.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So looking over the card for AEW next week, and they announced 6 matches, plus there'll probably be another Mox/MJF segment and some sort of fallout segment from Jericho/Orange.

- Deadly Draw finals
    - FTR vs Private Party
    - Darby Allin match

Y'all, that Women's tag team final is getting like 5 minutes and will happen right at the end of that second hour just so Tony Khan can point to the nose-diving ratings as to why they book the women so shittily.

Oh hey, so that women's tag team final that will be on the show Saturday may get more than 5 minutes
    Because Brandi's team won in a match that can generously be described as "bad". The first advertised women's match in weeks featuring perhaps the worst performer on the roster is definitely some kind of message.

I'm fully expecting that their next on-brand WCW move is going to be making Dynamite a 3 hour show and the first hour is women's matches.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Why can't I do that? Why can't I show my personality backstage? Why can't I go in the ring and do what I do? Then I was told, 'Don't look at the people, don't smile, don't do this.' Really? Everything I'm doing, it seems the people are liking it. Why am I getting over and you're telling me to do the opposite? I didn't understand, I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it.

[Rusev Day] was going on. There was no way the office didn't notice because it was before, after, during the show. It was everywhere. I always felt defeated because what was I doing it for? It was all competition and finally, I got to a point of, 'wow, we're doing something right.' There's no way it wasn't noticed. The first meeting it was, 'they're fucking with you, they don't mean what they're saying.' I respect and I listen because I always want to listen from Vince. He had everybody on his side. In my mind, I knew it wasn't true. They started putting my segments early so the 'Rusev Day' chants would go away. I was not even supposed to be on WrestleMania, the year I lost to Jinder. I was not on TV for three weeks. I'm sitting backstage all night and listening to people chant 'Rusev Day.' I went to one of the writers and I'm like, 'This is not right.' This is the first time I yelled at a writer, and I felt bad. He was like, 'We don't know what to do.' What do you mean you don't know what to do? Just listen. They'll tell you what to do. They're shoving me down and I don't understand why. What am I fighting for? I did everything, right? I went to acting classes, I started working on my body, I did all the extra stuff. I was just defeated. When Vince said the second time, 'they're fucking with you,' I said, 'Vince, we have sold out all of our merchandise.' 'What do you mean?' 'The shirt is sold out.' 'Well, maybe they didn't make enough.' 'They didn't make enough shirts, that's why it's sold out? Not because we're doing good? Really?' Then they didn't know what to do, good guy or bad guy, come on, man.

What am I doing, why am I giving everything I had? I understand it's my dream, but gosh darn. Thank God I did good enough with my investments, I don't need to work there at all. My wife works there, she is happy, good for her, I am done.

The balls it takes to look him dead in the eyes after he says "I sold out all the merch you've provided for me" and respond "Guess we made too few of it, no wonder"

This is the part that made me say "Damn you, Vince."
    I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

This is the part that made me say "Damn you, Vince."
    I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it.

I don't get how you can have worked in the industry so long and compare Rusev Day to them chanting CM Punk at everything.

• Options

- Deadly Draw finals
    - FTR vs Private Party
    - Darby Allin match

I can't believe the action figure shenanigans we're in a semi-final match. Swole Family just looked so much better than Nightmare Sisters, too.

If Ivelisse and Diamante don't win I'm going to flip my shit.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm quickly believing that Brandi is pushing the action figure stuff to point out the absurdity that she's the only woman in AEW with an action figure.

Like she's calling a lot of attention to the fact that she's the only one in the most heelish way possible, and even went straight heel in last night's match.

Also this was my favorite moment from last night:

I'm sad the gif doesn't capture the position she had Diamante in before she hit that knee strike because spinning her around like that for it was fucking cool.

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.