As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for typewriter effect video generator

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
I use Vegas Movie Studio to edit our Arma sessions into YouTube videos. One thing I'd like to do is to play around with that cheesy, often-used typewriter effect for transitions and the like, where e.g. "PARIS, FRANCE" appears on the screen letter by letter (possibly accompanied by a clacking typewriter or telex sound). Thing is, Vegas Movie Studio doesn't seem to have this effect, and a quick search hasn't given me any results either, which means I'd have to do this manually, letter by letter.

Is there any free or cheap software that could help me generate such an effect?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Not familiar with Vegas Movie Studio, but in something like After Effects really you only need to build this effect once in order to use it over and over. Make it once, letter by letter, maybe with a sleight jitter as each letter appears, link the audio sound, for a very long word, then replace the letters and pare it down to your needs in the future.

Alternatively, if you wanted to buy something premade you could check Envato or similar sites to buy a license for the same effect. SOmething like this for your text:
    https://elements.envato.com/typewriter-lower-thirds-V3MUX28
    and just delete the notebook paper layer

• Options
    Thanks, I'll check these out.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I use Vegas Movie Studio to edit our Arma sessions into YouTube videos. One thing I'd like to do is to play around with that cheesy, often-used typewriter effect for transitions and the like, where e.g. "PARIS, FRANCE" appears on the screen letter by letter (possibly accompanied by a clacking typewriter or telex sound). Thing is, Vegas Movie Studio doesn't seem to have this effect, and a quick search hasn't given me any results either, which means I'd have to do this manually, letter by letter.

Is there any free or cheap software that could help me generate such an effect?

That effect is called teletype, btw, if that helps in your searches.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Cheers.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg