As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pathfinder: Kingmaker- Wrath of the Righteous out now!

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    There is no words for how much I hate the house at the edge of time so far.

• McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    There is no words for how much I hate the house at the edge of time so far.

Oh it's the worst.

edited July 2020
    And it’s done ! Oddly enough the last dungeon was easier then the house . Also lantern king was kind of a huge jerk but he looks fucking awesome . Hardest part of his fight was by far the third phase , his true self was actually really easy. Now to replay it with a guide for a super optimized run so I can see all the stuff I missed.

EspantaPajaro on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The beta of the Definitive Edition patch is now available. This includes the official turn-based mode for folks like me who had issues getting the mod to work.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Ancient evil lost civilization of dark worshipping (demons? Devils?) cyclops are cool . I have spoken . No but really this is a cool world.

Daemons. They're NE compared to LE Devils and CE Demons. Rather than living for oppressive tyranny or unrestrained destruction, they're all about killing, with each type of daemon being the personification of one of the many ways to die.

They are ruled by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are actually more titles that are usurped rather than specific daemons. The current Horseman (Horsewoman, actually) of War, for example, was in life a fallen paladin that responded to her eviction from her order by conquering her homeland and systematically killing everyone of her former religion, and the Horseman of Famine first achieved daemonhood after he killed every living thing on his planet just for funsies before starving to death. However, The Horseman of Death, Charon (of course), is the original.

And yes, there are other planets. In fact, elves are almost certainly aliens from another planet in Golarian's solar system that migrated via magical portal. Numeria, which you hear about a lot but never see, is the ancient landing site of a goddamn spaceship full of sci-fi level tech. There is also an official module where you travel through the setting's fantasy Russia before ending up in real Russia circa October Revolution in a chapter called Rasputin Must Die!

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ancient evil lost civilization of dark worshipping (demons? Devils?) cyclops are cool . I have spoken . No but really this is a cool world.

Daemons. They're NE compared to LE Devils and CE Demons. Rather than living for oppressive tyranny or unrestrained destruction, they're all about killing, with each type of daemon being the personification of one of the many ways to die.

They are ruled by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are actually more titles that are usurped rather than specific daemons. The current Horseman (Horsewoman, actually) of War, for example, was in life a fallen paladin that responded to her eviction from her order by conquering her homeland and systematically killing everyone of her former religion, and the Horseman of Famine first achieved daemonhood after he killed every living thing on his planet just for funsies before starving to death. However, The Horseman of Death, Charon (of course), is the original.

And yes, there are other planets. In fact, elves are almost certainly aliens from another planet in Golarian's solar system that migrated via magical portal. Numeria, which you hear about a lot but never see, is the ancient landing site of a goddamn spaceship full of sci-fi level tech. There is also an official module where you travel through the setting's fantasy Russia before ending up in real Russia circa October Revolution in a chapter called Rasputin Must Die!

Isn't Starfinder in the same universe as Pathfinder?

Isn't Starfinder in the same universe as Pathfinder?

Yup, just in the future, after some sort of weird event that not only made Golarian disappear, but mind wiped everyone of everything that happened during the last few millenea along with all the records of Golarian during that time.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2020
    So second run done . Made a stereotypical lawful good fantasy fighter movie protagonist with myself as the true neutral merc who just joined because I thought I could make money . Now that everything in the stolen lands is happily ever after they will probably cut my contract and since they never gave me a position in the kingdom ( since merc are bad at it ) I will join the crusaders that were always preaching for recruits to fight demons , I will join them looking to see if I can finally make my fortune But little do I know I’m probably going to end up under another LG hero type ( thinking Paladin or crusader cleric for the hero of the next game) that will drive me into shenanigans while I complain . Loudly.

And that’s it for my cringy role play .

That said this run has cemented the vivisectionist alchemist as my favorite class in anything as far as I can remember imagination wise. I’m 20ft tall , I have claws and bite people , I’m freaking invisible and have huge bat wings while having a literal Batman utility belt of potions for so many different situations it was just super fun . I also didn’t really have a tank this run , I had a monk that who could dodge Armageddon just run into the enemy group and never get hit while everyone just murdered everything . If I do another run think I will pump up the difficulty.

As far as the companions , I liked most of them . But the Valerie story/personality annoyed the hell out of me and amara had the worst writing , felt like she had one line (I r tough girl ) repeated for every conversation for a 100 hour campaign . Loved the twins , Harrim and nok nok were my boys , Jubilost was funny , Linzi grew on me Tristan was ok Jaethal was fine as a token evil teammate. Didn’t really use Regongar or Octavia much but they seemed ok. Ekundayo was strong but had no draw to him other then my family is dead so now I’m the punisher for trolls. Kinda wish eight eyes was a companion , she seemed interesting from the backstory she gives.

Edit- Recommendations for other crpgs while I wait for wrath?

EspantaPajaro on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Got the Definitive Edition on Xbonx and rolled myself a sarcastic eldritch rogue elf lady. Thus far the controller works better than I expected. Owlcat obviously looked at Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity and took a lot of what worked and excise/tweak stuff that didn't.

I think this'll be a great game to pour myself into until November and I move to Night City.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Definitive Edition patch is rolling out, which includes the official turn-based mode patch.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    20gb? That's almost 50% of the game size. What on earth are they updating. I doubt the turn based mode would need that many game files updated.

edit - someone is saying the overall install size is 6gb smaller (yay for my small SSD) so there's probably a lot of reshuffling of assets in there.

-Loki- on
    I should do a challenging turn based run.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So I just started this after (finally) finishing Pillars 2.

Steep learning curve I tell you what. But kingdom mode is deffo my jam. I also appreciate that your mercs can sit on your council (though with a penalty). I fully expected council seats to be reserved for NPCs only.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I should try this again playing on easy and using cheats.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Just downloaded it on Xbox, despite being 80% through it on PC.

I want to play the dlc, plus I messed up my kingdom early on as I didn’t get a banker guy until really late on, as I accidentally didn’t pick up the doctor guy after being told to go rescue him from trolls.

Also playing it on turn based, to stretch it out, as it has to last me a while.

Team and inventory management is a bit clunky, but otherwise fine.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Since some of you might be coming in new with the Definitive Edition version, here's something I meant to post a long, long time ago. Apologies, sorta, for the wall-o-text. I'll put it behind spoilers. :D

Okay! Here we go - Elvenshae's So You Want To Learn Pathfinder Post.

First off, the majority of the rules for Pathfinder (the tabletop version) are available for free, here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ There are going to be some differences between the tabletop rules and the CRPG rules (primarily, the differences between real-time-with-pause and turn-based combat, which is a bit less of an issue now with the official turn-based mode), but for the most part, you can use that as a resource.

Pathfinder is a d20-Based Game

What does that mean? It means that, primarily, whenever someone wants to do something, it is resolved by rolling a 20-sided die (resulting in 1 - 20, equal chance of each), adding some bonuses to it, subtracting some penalties from it, and seeing if the total equals or exceeds a target number. The meat of system comes from determining what the target numbers are and which bonuses and penalties you use. The bonuses and penalties usually break down into three major categories: level-based, ability-based and situation-based. An extremely common roll is an attack roll:

1d20 + Base Attack Bonus + Ability + Other vs. Target's Armor Class

The Base Attack Bonus ("BAB") is a level-based modifier, and represents how generally competent your character is in combat. Fighter, Paladins, Rangers, Barbarians, etc. get +1 BAB every time they go up a level. Clerics, Magi, Rogues, Bards, etc. are pretty good at combat, and get +3 BAB every 4 levels (+0, +1, +1, +1, repeating). Wizards, Sorcerers, etc., are not good at combat, and so get +1 BAB every 2 levels (+0, +1, +0, +1, repeating).

Your ability bonus is derived from your Strength score if you're making a melee attack, and from your Dexterity score if you're making a ranged attack.

Other bonuses come from your gear - a magical sword will give you a bonus from +1 (common) to +5 (or better!) (super magical) on your attack roll - spells - Bless provides a +1 morale bonus to your attack rolls - or special abilities - the Weapon Focus feat will give you a +1 bonus to attack rolls with a particular type of weapon.

So, on your character sheet, for a basic starting Fighter you might see a +5 under the "Attack" header on your character sheet near, e.g., the "Main Hand" longsword icon. Right-clicking on it will give you the breakdown for how that's calculated: +1 Base Attack Bonus (for being a level 1 Fighter), +3 from Strength (for having a 16 Strength), and +1 from your Weapon Focus (Longsword) feat. Any time you attack with that sword, the game will roll 1d20, add 5, and see if it's greater than or equal to your target's Armor Class.

(Armor Class itself is determined as 10 + bonus from Armor + bonus from Shield + Dexterity + Other; there are a couple of flavors but they aren't important right now for the basics.)

In general, most "situation-based" modifiers to d20 are going to come from spells (friendly and enemy), feats, and magical items, and there's an important wrinkle: bonuses with the same type do not stack (except Dodge, because it's special). What that means is that if you've been Blessed by a Cleric (+1 morale bonus on saving throws vs. fear effects, etc.) and you have a Bard singing at you to inspire courage (+1 morale bonus on saving throws vs. fear effects, etc.), you only get +1 to your roll, not +2, because they're both morale bonuses.

Other examples of d20 rolls are:
    • Skill Checks: level-based is from your Skill Ranks in the appropriate skill; specific ability bonus varies by skill
    • Saving Throws: three types; like BAB, classes gain saving throw bonuses at different rates; each saving throw is tied to a specific ability
    • Caster Level Check: level-based is from your level in the class whose spell you're casting; ability bonus is tied to the same class (e.g., Sorcerers use Charisma to cast spells)
    • Ability Checks: somewhat rarer; has no level-based modifier; a Strength check uses your Strength bonus / penalty, etc.

Ability Scores
    There are 6. Every 2 points above 10 increases the bonus from the ability by 1; below 10 has a larger and larger penalty.
    • Strength (Str): Can you lift heavy things? Affects melee attack and damage rolls, your carrying capacity, and the Athletics skill.
    • Dexterity (Dex): Are you quick on your feet? Affects ranged attack rolls; your Armor Class; your Reflex saving throw; and the Mobility, Trickery, and Stealth skills.
    • Constitution (Con): Can you tough it out? Affects hit points and your Fortitude saving throw.
    • Intelligence (Int): Are you smart? Affects skill points available and the Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (World) skills. Used by Wizards, Alchemists, and Magi to cast spells.
    • Wisdom (Wis): Can you notice things? Affects the Will saving throw and the Lore (Nature), Lore (Religion), and Perception skills. Used by Clerics, Druids, and Rangers to cast spells.
    • Charisma (Cha): Do, gosh-darn-it, people like you / can you get them to do what you want? Affects the Persuasion and Use Magical Device skills. Used by Sorcerers and Bards to cast spells.

When you create a character, you're given a pool of points to spend on your ability scores. It's relatively cheap to improve weak scores, but it gets more and more expensive as the base score goes up (moving from 8 to 10 costs 2 points; moving from 16 to 18 costs 7). Additionally, each race comes with two abilities to which it provides a +2 bonus and 1 ability to which it provides a -2 penalty. Elves, for instance, are smart (+2 Intelligence) and quick (+2 Dexterity) but not tough (-2 Constitution). Dwarves are tough (+2 Constitution) and wise (+2 Wisdom), but they're a bit stand-offish and reserved (-2 Charisma). Humans and Half-Elves only get a single +2, but they get to pick where it goes.

The prioritization of those ability scores is going to vary, character by character (and sometimes wildly), but there are a few guidelines that (IMO) are broadly applicable:
    1. Try to start with at least a 16 in the ability you care about the most. Sometimes, you can push it another point or two higher at the start (usually with your racial bonus), but it gets really expensive to go much higher than that
    2. Everyone needs hit points; don't neglect Constitution, even if you're planning on hiding in the back and chucking spells / arrows at your foes
    3. Feats that have an ability requirement (almost?) always require an odd ability score (Power Attack requires Strength 13+); this offsets the fact that the modifier, which is really important, improves at even ability scores
    4. Every character gets to add +1 to an ability score of their choice every 4 levels (4th, 8th, 12th, ...), so you can plan on getting at least a couple of those through the Kingmaker campaign
    5. People who are going to be getting hit a lot should avoid a Dex penalty
    6. Lots of spells have your character make ranged attacks (rays, arrows of fire, thrown orbs, etc.), so spellcasters might want Dex a little higher than average
    7. Bows use your Strength penalty to damage all the time, and your Strength bonus to damage with certain bows, so if you're planning on being an archer, don't skimp on Strength
    8. Spells require an ability score of at least 10 + the spell's level in the relevant ability score, so if you're playing a not-focused-on-casting class with spell abilities (like Paladin or Ranger), then make sure your spellcasting attribute is high enough to cast some spells (Charisma for Paladin and Wisdom for Ranger)

Skills
    Skills are broad areas in which your character(s) can be competent (or incompetent, as the case may be). In the tabletop version of the game, there are a lot of skills. In PF:KM the computer game, there aren't nearly as many. Accordingly, the rate at which you gain skill points vs. tabletop has been reduced by default. Characters that are smart (Intelligence bonus) will get more skill points, and characters that are dumb (Intelligence penalty) will get fewer, but the primary determinant of how many you get is your class. Some classes - Bards and Rogues - get a lot. Some - Wizards and Fighters - don't get so many. You can assign your skill points to the available skills when you create your character and each time you level up, and each skill can have as many points assigned as your total character level - the sum of all your levels in each class you've taken. This means, at 1st-level, you can only put one point in a skill. At 2nd-level (whether you're a Wizard 2 or a Fighter 1/ Rogue 1), each skill have can up to 2 points assigned.

Each skill is tied to a particular ability score - Charisma for "interaction skills" like Diplomacy, Wisdom for "notice things skills" like Perception or Lore, Intelligence for "thinky skills" like Knowledge, etc. In addition, some classes have a natural affinity or training in certain skills; these are called "Class Skills." If you have at least 1 point in a class skill, regardless of which class it came from, you get a +3 bonus.

So, at first level, a decent Rogue might have a +7 bonus to Stealth: +1 from skill points, +3 from it being a class skill for Rogues, and +3 from her Dexterity bonus.

Some skills - specifically, movement skills - take a penalty from your armor and shield. This is called their "Armor Check Penalty," and you can see it on the stats card for each piece of armor. Generally speaking, the lighter the armor, the smaller the penalty, with traditional Rogue armor (Leather) having no penalty and substandard heavy armor like Splint Mail having a -7 penalty. So, basically, don't expect to climb well or jump far when you're wearing a lot of metal.

When it comes to skills, no single character is going to be able to cover all of your bases, but you should strive to have every base covered by your party. Accordingly, Rogues, Rangers, and Bards are particularly great to have along, as they have a lot of skill points to spend on lots of class skills and class abilities to pump them even further. However, Clerics and Druids can actually make excellent trap spotters thanks to their high Wisdom scores, Wizards and Magi can spout Knowledge like no one's business, Paladins are fantastic diplomats, etc., so even without a "skill monkey" you can cover a lot of bases.

Feats
    Feats are, generally speaking, combat-focuses tricks that your character has learned. There are a lot of feats which aren't combat related (many of which deal with skill bonuses), but the preponderance of feats either improve a particular aspect of combat or give you something new to do in combat. Many feats are arranged in chains, where you need to take foundational feats to qualify for later ones: Combat Expertise (requires 13+ Intelligence) allows you to take a penalty to your offense to pump your defense, and is a prerequisite to being good at a lot of combat tricks (like disarms, trips, etc.). It pays to turn off the "Show only feats I qualify for" button and scan through to see if anything looks interesting and, if so, keep it in mind as you build out your character. You can always respec later if it turns out you'd rather be doing something else.

One important note about feats is the "Archery Feat Tax," which is basically, if you want to do ranged attacks in combat at all reliably, you need to get two feats: Point-Blank Shot (+1 attack / damage at close range; the "foundational feat" for almost everything archery-related) and Precise Shot. When you make a ranged attack at someone in melee combat, you take a -4 penalty to your attack roll (to represent you trying to not hit your ally), and a -4 penalty is crushing, especially at low levels. Some types of ranged attackers - notably, cantrip-spamming Rogue / Wizards on their way to becoming Arcane Tricksters - can kinda get away with not having it for a bit, but even then they'll want to get it eventually; it's just that big of a penalty.

Anyway, hope that helps you to get started! Feel free to ping me with other questions you might have.

Elvenshae on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Picked up my old game where I left off, right at Goblin Town. Went through with Turn Based mode turned on. It works a lot better than I expected. I don't know if it'll completely replace RtwP for me, but having it as a toggle certainly makes it good for those more complex fights. Leave it as RtwP for trash fights when you can basically auto attack through everything, and turn on Turn Based when you hit a boss or a bunch of tough enemies, seems like the way to go.

Welp, just updated the game aaaand... it's broken. I keep getting the Steam "Disk Write Error"

Did everything the troubleshooting guide suggests, including deleting and completely re-installing both the game and the Steam client and still bupkiss. Ticket open with Steam support... whee...

After wasting an entire day reinstalling and make me around with my system turns out the problem was my virus scanner all along.

Bye Avast!

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Bought this. Started and restarted like three times to get my build right with a water kinetic knight, only to find that I probably fucked up by taking water instead of cold damage, and for some reason kinetic knights don't get AoOs with their generated weapon.

I might be able to recover by taking a better element later, I suppose.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    You can completely reset your character (right down to race, gender, and appearance) at any time by talking to Anoriel Eight-Eyes, the elf lady that hangs out at Oleg's in Chapter One and in the tavern in your capital once that's a thing.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Honestly, there are some mods I would absolutely recommend that might be kinda cheaty but also make things way less frustrating.

The item crafting mod is probably the biggest. The ability to just... have equipment if you have the crafters to make stuff makes things less difficult, obviously, but more than that it makes them a whole goddamn lot less annoying.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Sprout wrote: »
    You can completely reset your character (right down to race, gender, and appearance) at any time by talking to Anoriel Eight-Eyes, the elf lady that hangs out at Oleg's in Chapter One and in the tavern in your capital once that's a thing.

I just met her; the only special option appeared to be hiring mercs for 2K. I'll watch for her later.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Honestly, there are some mods I would absolutely recommend that might be kinda cheaty but also make things way less frustrating.

The item crafting mod is probably the biggest. The ability to just... have equipment if you have the crafters to make stuff makes things less difficult, obviously, but more than that it makes them a whole goddamn lot less annoying.

Also, Wizards should be able to scribe scrolls of their not-always-needed-but-super-important-when-they-are spells.

• SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to troubleshoot mods for this game? I've been trying to get the Turn Based mod to work but it refuses to. Every time I load the game the mod menu give the red butotn that indicates that I need to restart the game to get the mod to work, except restarting does nothing and it just stays on the "needs restart" status.

Syzygy wrote: »
    Anyone know how to troubleshoot mods for this game? I've been trying to get the Turn Based mod to work but it refuses to. Every time I load the game the mod menu give the red butotn that indicates that I need to restart the game to get the mod to work, except restarting does nothing and it just stays on the "needs restart" status.

It's probably having a problem with the Turn-based mod because you don't need it anymore; last updated added a turn based mode to the base game.

steam_sig.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Yeah, the official turn-based mod went in with the last huge patch- cleaned up the install size by about 6 GB, too.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been doing a new run and I'm sad that the respec mod broke. I really hope for the next game, the developers don't just add stats to the monsters on the higher difficulties. I dont agree with the design philosophy that "haha you die in one round to this monster because you decided to use the shitty characters we rolled for you" makes for compelling difficulty.

Steam: Spawnbroker
    I've been doing a new run and I'm sad that the respec mod broke. I really hope for the next game, the developers don't just add stats to the monsters on the higher difficulties. I dont agree with the design philosophy that "haha you die in one round to this monster because you decided to use the shitty characters we rolled for you" makes for compelling difficulty.

There is a built in respec in game , talk to eight eyes (the merc lady) in Olegs or in the tavern if you are past chapter 1 . It’s enabled for normal and below or custom difficulty. Anything above challenging and you live with your choices.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

There is a built in respec in game , talk to eight eyes (the merc lady) in Olegs or in the tavern if you are past chapter 1 . It’s enabled for normal and below or custom difficulty. Anything above challenging and you live with your choices.

You can't respec your companion's stats or their level 1 class without the mod, which makes playing the higher difficulties with companions basically impossible. I could just get mercenaries, but I like the roleplay party banter as I play, and you don't get that with mercs :(

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    Oh, an
    AC 35
    monster with
    unlimited DC 18 area-effect fear spam
    in a kobold-infested area meant for level 2 characters.

Ha ha

ha.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Sometimes you stumble into stuff you shouldn't fight. That's when you run away. Just like in PnP, not everything you encounter should be a battle you can win.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Sometimes you stumble into stuff you shouldn't fight. That's when you run away. Just like in PnP, not everything you encounter should be a battle you can win.

Unless they changed it since release, Kingmaker didn't have an option to retreat from combat, so it was wipe and reload.

A GM in tabletop who sends that monster against a level 2 party who camps in a kobold zone without an obvious out is an asshole that I don't want to play with.

Like, if you go into the Demonweb Pits at level 2, sure, you're gonna die. Suicide by Lloth. But, like, the worst I had seen in this zone was a giant frog. Even with some vaguely ominous portents, I'd expect a difficult fight at most, not a completely one-sided slaughter.

Like, I'm not stupid. I heard about a manticore in a different area. "I'm not going to go to the manticore area, because a manticore will ruin my shit." That's fair. But this is resting in a low-level area the plot directed me to and suggested that it was important for me to do reasonably quickly.

I stand by my "bullshit" response, especially since apparently running isn't an option.

A GM in tabletop who sends that monster against a level 2 party who camps in a kobold zone without an obvious out is an asshole that I don't want to play with.

Like, if you go into the Demonweb Pits at level 2, sure, you're gonna die. Suicide by Lloth. But, like, the worst I had seen in this zone was a giant frog. Even with some vaguely ominous portents, I'd expect a difficult fight at most, not a completely one-sided slaughter.

Like, I'm not stupid. I heard about a manticore in a different area. "I'm not going to go to the manticore area, because a manticore will ruin my shit." That's fair. But this is resting in a low-level area the plot directed me to and suggested that it was important for me to do reasonably quickly.

I stand by my "bullshit" response, especially since apparently running isn't an option.

You didn't notice all the bodies from the last group who decided to use the camp and think "hmm, maybe I shouldn't rest there?"

steam_sig.png
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

If there is no way to flee or retreat in the game (I haven't played in a long time, so I cannot remember) then I agree with you and its something that should not happen and complete bullshit. However, in PnP as a DM I don't think your out should ever be "obvious" as that ruins the triumph of the characters in a bad situation. Rather, the DM should work with the players on whatever plan they come up with in order to make the escape dramatic and exciting. Don't say "no" to any plan, rather take what they come up with, and make it more dramatic.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

You didn't notice all the bodies from the last group who decided to use the camp and think "hmm, maybe I shouldn't rest there?"

Yeah, there were more than enough hints to say 'this will likely end in your death' to make you hit a save in that instance.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Oh, that spot. If I recall correctly it included flavor text to the tune of gosh, these people were butchered in their sleep, be a shame.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Will of wisps are just jerks in general.

Will of wisps are just jerks in general.

It does make getting the resist energy spell for the entire party very satifying.

This discussion has been closed.