As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Shadow Warrior 3] teaser trailer released for 3

13»

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Eh, I'll have to see. Shadow Warrior 2 was an enormous downgrade from the first game, with the coop focus being a huge distraction from building interesting gameplay and levels. The total lack of Shoji or somebody equivalent to take his place absolutely did not help, and I honestly couldn't tell if the second game had a story. I think put about 4-5 hours into it before the second game completely unsold me on every "new and improved!" aspect.

We'll see if the third game manages to feel like an actual Shadow Warrior game instead of shoddy DLC built from the chopped-up resources of the prior game and filled with unpolished gameplay.

You're going to love this then!

No co-op! No huge open world levels anymore - back to more tightly focused arena design from the first game/Doom Eternal. No loot driven pick ups and stuff like that anymore either.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Thank Shoji, then, because SW2 was a huge turd of a game for me because of all those changed elements. Virtually the only thing recognizable between the two was some badly-recycled material from the first game.

You can't turn your focused singleplayer FPS-slasher into a shitty Borderlands knockoff and expect people to be impressed.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm going to just chime in here to say that I really loved the second game. I took it as a separate game from the first.

Couldn't tell you a damn thing about the story or the ending, but I think part of what made it fun was I did play with my best friend on PC and it was good mayhem.

Also, the sawblades. They have perfect tactile response when you use one.

I may have to do another playthrough for fun.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean, I guess we should have this linked in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUDkjUe_0o

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My biggest issue with the second game was that it had a surprisingly good story about gods, betrayal, reget and love that ended with
    Unwanted spiritual stowaway turned begrudging ally turned unlikely friend sacrificing himself to save his sister/lover (they're gods, it gets weird) from an enternal sleep so she can awaken and bring the rain back to the devastated land of the gods.

The sequel takes that story and shits all over it by turning the sister in a genericly evil badguy with horny dialog that you wind up having to kill.

They had something unexpectedly good in the first game and totally waste it in the second, and I don't think there's any way to fix it in a third game.

• Options
    Easy - they'll probably ignore it entirely.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Probably.

I just watched Matt McMuscles (formerly of Super Best Friends) play a bit of Shadow Warrior (2013) and Lo Wang looking a bit like an Asian version of Agent 47 because it was badass at the time.

And in the trailers for 3, he looks kind of young? I think because they gave him hair instead of keeping him bald.

At first I thought it was some kind of "son of" thing, but maybe this is a prequel?

Or it's just a new game unrelated to everything else before it.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Or he just grew his hair out.

He was seemingly pretty young in the reboot, still not quite the world renowned badass that he was in the original game. I suspect he had a bald head because classic Lo Wang had a bald head.

• Options
    Been playing Shadow Warrior 2 and this happened:

https://youtu.be/JZ0N0k1A2mQ

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ah the dreaded T pose fighting style

• Options
    I was enjoying this game immensely.

Then I ran into enemies that could one shot me and were literally completely unkillable in every conceivable way. What the fuck do you do against invisible one shot mist wardens with all elemental resistances and physical resist?

It’s like the worst parts of Borderlands in one creature.