As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    ugh. Ebon Tower has been such a festival of unfun to solo... so much cheap boss mechanics... but the last dude's adds just take the cake for unmitigated bullshit.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    ugh. Ebon Tower has been such a festival of unfun to solo... so much cheap boss mechanics... but the last dude's adds just take the cake for unmitigated bullshit.

Get used to that. Mechanics is truly the hardest part of the endgame. It's where all the challenge comes from, so you're not just WoW standing behind a boss for 10 minutes doing the same thing.

It gets more fun once you figure out the patterns and can execute them.

uh... I truly hope that the "endgame" of this game isn't me spending my time soloing 5-player dungeons.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    You really can't solo the dungeons in the endgame. I suppose maybe a fully-tricked out character could solo the easiest ones, I doubt even that though. If you're not in a guild that does regular runs, IM will get you into groups. It's not a terrible wait time for groups, thankfully. You just sometimes have to deal with the occasional idiot who doesn't know what they're doing.

Kind of think we're not on the same page here?

Ebon Tower is like a level 60 dungeon, it's where you fight Thulsa (he has the continuously spawning mobs that reverse controls and box you in). As I had out leveled the IM for it, I wound up having to try and solo it, then happened upon some people physically outside the portal to run it with later.

The other cheap mechanics were the instant HP drop and some other annoying thing on one of the other bosses. I did solo up to the Thulsa, but the controller swapping mobs that were solo spongy just got to be too annoying to finish alone. Probably could have cleared it but it would have taken way more effort than it was worth.

Given the way the game snowballs XP, especially for the 60-65 range the level 60 dungeons have been pretty barren for IM. But I completed the game's base xbox achievements... and went back to working on the general feats and stuff.

So... would it be accurate to say that the end-game of Tera is pretty much just gambling and grinding to gamble more? And if you don't get Elite status then you've effectively doubled the amount of time to do the end-game gambling and grinding? Unless you roll like a million alts?

I was trying to get all the feat points... console doesn't have laurels, but it is entertaining and I was going to master all 4 crafting things but this just the requirements for Weaponmaster changed my mind on that. Was kind of bummed to discover that to make even just one of the 650 bows I need for mastery, I need 9680 production points total. Also they don't sell the Crafter's Cure (haven't seen them on the broker and even then I couldn't afford them) on the marketplace so if you don't have elite status you literally have to wait like a day to get 1000 points to share between all your characters. Just doing the max reps for the stupid mount took forever, and I would have loved to buy the rep booster thing but nope, you need elite for that because they don't sell that separately either. This has to be the fleeciest feeling F2P game I've ever played.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    If you haven't already, dig out your mailbox and look for the server merge notice. It contains a code good for a bunch of free stuff if you input it at the game's account website, and there's a good bit of stuff there.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Ninjas are available on console now, also cars...?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Cars, guns, flight suits, plasma weapons... this game just doesn't care. It goes for "rule of cool, cute, or sexy" over any sort of logic or consistency. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited September 2018
    Cars, guns, flight suits, plasma weapons... this game just doesn't care. It goes for "rule of cool, cute, or sexy" over any sort of logic or consistency. :lol:

Except, the only cars I've seen riding around are Elin in cars so it looks more tons of these:

pf27fJM.jpg

:P

tastydonuts on
    "cute" ... :razz:

My castanics all have cars. Red ones.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited September 2018
    "cute" ... :razz:

My castanics all have cars. Red ones.

So... this:

qk0AxiL.jpg

:P :P

(the cars I've seen have been childishly bright colors)

tastydonuts on
    Yes, exactly. Except that it's being driven by an adorable, very scantily-clad, female with horns. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited September 2018
    Well... I didn't want to three page an "adult little tike car" an image search, but I imagine there are some that fit that criteria. I mean... I really had to make my search specific:

S8bG5pZ.png

:|

tastydonuts on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, the cars look like smart cars, then? I mean, it's not like you could have a full sized car as a reasonable mount . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    If you haven't already, dig out your mailbox and look for the server merge notice. It contains a code good for a bunch of free stuff if you input it at the game's account website, and there's a good bit of stuff there.
    The hell? I never got an email about any of this happening. Missed the extra slots and any goodies.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    IceBurner wrote: »
    The hell? I never got an email about any of this happening. Missed the extra slots and any goodies.

Wow, really? That's unfortunate. I got peppered with emails for ages. For a while, it felt like I was getting an email every day reminding me to get ready for the merge. Also, the Steam community page for TERA was getting updates and notices about it quite a bit. Granted, that's only useful if you follow the game, which I suspect most people don't do.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Anyone still play this? Got bored and saw it was on Steam so I installed it last night.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I pop on every now and again. Definitely not playing even semi-regularly, though.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I'd be more than happy to pop on to group with folks. It's most fun going full murder train with 2-5 people.

steam_sig.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I levelled a char to cap a while back. I go back now and then, it's pretty uh, streamlined for levelling. Still pretty as all fuck too.

edited March 2019
    Aw... even the male Aman have lost the war for their original feet:

mmymiwfd6hmk.png

weird crossover event in general, but neat.

tastydonuts on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Anyone still play this? Got bored and saw it was on Steam so I installed it last night.

I did the same while bored waiting for The Division updates, would love to play with some folks.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    Went back for a couple days, unsure if itch is scratched. Landscapes are so pretty but game feels weirdly detached.

En Masse announced they're shutting down. Dunno how that affects the game, no new content for a while would be my guess?

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    En Masse is shutting down but the game is moving to a new publisher. How that's going to affect the game or the game's content is up in the air.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    So we finally got more information:

Tera will live on, but En Masse is closing as a publisher. As such, the in-game market to buy EMP (premium currency) is closing in three days, as is the ability to buy Elite Status with cash (you can still buy it with EMP until the game closes, though).

steam_sig.png
    En Masse is relinquishing control of the game in October, and apparently that's when everything will be switching over. You can't buy EMP any more, so I imagine unused cash shop things are going to be rising in price and rarity now.

steam_sig.png
    En Masse is relinquishing control of the game in October, and apparently that's when everything will be switching over. You can't buy EMP any more, so I imagine unused cash shop things are going to be rising in price and rarity now.

I have an entire stash full of still-boxed costumes and weapon skins and such going back years...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited September 2020
    Sucks that they only did a really passive notification about that service transfer, guess my stuff is gone.

It's all in-game, and it looks like you have until October 15, 2021 to opt into the transfer, EME's servers go off October 15th, 2020. If you opt into the transfer, your information will be transferred Krafton's servers in South Korea. I am assuming "personal information" would constitute your EME account information, and gaming information would be your characters.

tastydonuts on
    It appears that the Oct. 15th stuff is only for console TERA- but there appears to be some movement on PC TERA as well:

"TERA PC

EMP balance transfers will begin following the service transfer on November 10. To make sure your EMP balance transfers, you must accept the terms for account transfer within the game client. The time frame to accept account transfer terms and make sure your EMP balance transfers is October 22 to December 21."

Looks like they have someone to take it, but stuff won't be ready for a month.

steam_sig.png
    It's Gameforge! Gameforge is taking over Tera PC!

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2020
    EDIT: https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/80509-faq-tera-america/

All the answers seem to be here! EnMasse servers close Nov. 9 at 23:59 UTC (7:59 p.m. EST), GameForge NA servers open on Nov. 12.

Transfer FAQ:

When will Gameforge start running TERA in America?
    • On 12th November 2020.

When will En Masse Entertainment shut down their servers?
    • EME will shut down their servers on 9th November 2020 (23:59 UTC).

Which build version will the NA servers launch with?
    • The NA Servers will be launched with Build 99.

Will anything change regarding the 2 current servers that NA has?
    • Gameforge will keep the current server structure that NA has, so everything should be the same as before.

Do players get to keep their progress to date?
    • Yes, players get to keep all their progress as well as their items. Please note that a small number of items might have different content or won’t work anymore after the transfer (e.g. Elite subscription item).
    • The Strongbox Keys will be converted into EU Strongbox Keys which can be used to open only EU Strongboxes. If you still have unopened NA Strongboxes, we'd advise you to open them before the server closes.

Will all my current characters be transferred?
    • Yes, all characters will be transferred.

Do I keep all the character slots I currently have?
    • Yes, but please bear in mind that the number of character slots you have might not be displayed correctly during the initial weeks.

What will happen to my guild/bank/friends list/Buddy-Up codes?
    • The guild, bank and friends list remain unchanged.
    • Old Buddy-Up codes can no longer be used.

Will characters and guilds keep their names?
    • Yes.

What will happen to my Elite Status (called TERA Club in EU)?
    • Players who had an active Elite subscription on the NA servers will enjoy TERA Club benefits on our servers as well.
    • The remaining subscription time will be carried over from EME.
    • The Elite subscription voucher items will not work on EU servers, so please use all of these items before the server shuts down.

What happens to the premium currency (EMP) I still have on the NA servers?
    • EMP will be transferred at a rate of 100 EMP = 10 Tera Thalers for all players that had a purchase history with EME and that complete the migration process. As a special migration bonus, players will also receive an additional bonus of 30% in TT.
    • Players who have only owned free EMP (through events for example) are advised to spend their currency before the servers shut down, as the EMP from those players will not be transferred.

Will the TERA Club subscription and TERA Thaler Balance be shared across EU and NA?
    • No, since the EU and NA systems are completely separate from each other, TERA Club subscription and TERA Thaler Balance will also be separate.

Will my existing Founder Status be kept?
    • Your existing Founder Status will be kept, but please note that NA players won’t have founder status if they start a character on an EU/SEA Server.

Will account-bound items be kept?
    • This is currently not planned so players are advised to claim as many of these items as they need before the server closes.

Do I need to do prepare anything before the EME servers close?
    • Please claim all items in your item claim, item broker, mailbox and guild bank before the server shuts down, as unclaimed items may be lost otherwise.
    • Please also make sure to exchange all your token items before the server shuts down as some of them might have different content or won’t work anymore afterwards.

In which languages can TERA be played in NA?
    • The game will be playable in English, French, German and Russian.

Can players transfer between the NA servers and EU servers and vice versa?
    • While character transfers between the 2 different NA servers will be possible, transferring to an EU server will not. Transferring from an EU server to a NA server will also not be possible.

Can NA players play in instances with EU players?
    • No, the NA servers will have their own dungeon server and will not be connected to the EU servers.

What happens to my TERA Rewards Levels?
    • The Rewards-System was an EME-unique system that is not available in any other TERA region. As such, it unfortunately won’t be possible to transfer any progress or status for this.
    • However, as a token of appreciation for players who have supported TERA for such a long time, players within the following level ranges will receive special one-time rewards:

Reward Tier 1-4: Exclusive Title, Stamp: Kaleidoptera
    Reward Tier 5-8: Exclusive Title, Smart Box: Azure Blue Yukata, Stamp: Kaleidoptera
    Reward Tier 9-10: Exclusive Title, Skill Manual: Golden Lotus Aura, Smart Box: Azure Blue Yukata, Stamp: Kaleidoptera

Migration FAQ

When does the migration start?
    • The migration will start on 22nd October 2020.

Who has to do the migration?
    • All players that wish to continue playing TERA will have to migrate regardless of whether you played on the EME Client or on Steam.

How does the migration work?
    • In order to begin the migration process, please visit the migration website of En Masse Entertainment and login with your EME credentials (We will share the link here at a later time).
    • You will then be forwarded to Gameforge’s migration website.
    • There you will need to create a new Gameforge account or sign in with an existing one.
    • If you also played TERA on Steam, you will be asked whether you want to migrate on Steam as well. Please note that account linking between the Gameforge Client and Steam will only continue to work by successfully migrating on Steam as well.

Can I also migrate directly via the Steam client?
    • Migration over the Steam client won’t be possible before 12th November 2020.
    Until when can I migrate my account?
    • The migration will be possible until 18th December 2020.
    Is there any reason to migrate as soon as possible?
    • Yes, players that successfully migrate between 22nd October and 12th November will receive an Atlantic Swimwear Smartbox, a Black Bear pet and useful consumables.
    • Please keep in mind that migrating to Gameforge is the only way to ensure that you will be able to keep playing TERA with your existing account after 18th December. If you don’t migrate before that date, your game account will be lost forever, so please consider migrating as soon as possible.

How do I actually start playing once the NA servers are live and I successfully migrated?
    • If you want to play via the Gameforge Client, download the client and sign in with your Gameforge account details. Download and install TERA on your PC and you are ready to go!
    • If you want to play on Steam, you will be able to download the GF TERA App on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/212740/TERA/) starting on November 12th 2020. Simply download, install it and click on the Play button to start playing!

I forgot my login credentials for my current NA account and cannot start the migration. How should I proceed?
    • For all questions and issues related to your NA account with En Masse Entertainment, please contact their support directly.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    Account migration is now active. If you migrate now (pretty much involves logging into EnMasse, clicking a few options that says you're okay with them moving your data, and then making or linking a Gameforge account to link your TERA account to) and before Nov. 9, when the EnMasse servers turn off, you get a free costume (Atlantic Swimwear), a free pet (a black bear) and a load of consumables.

You will still be able to play your characters on the EnMasse servers until the ninth, when they turn off. After the ninth, you can still migrate (but you won't get free stuff), but if you haven't done so by Dec. 12, then that's when they pull the plug and delete all the old character and account data.

steam_sig.png
    EnMasse servers shut down today.

So long and thanks for all the cosmetics, guys. Here’s to you.

Gameforge NA servers open Thursday, Nov. 12. If you haven’t migrated yet, do it now.

steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Servers are live on Gameforge. Steam launcher is still with EnMasse, no info I can find if that's gonna change.

steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Once the changeover wraps up I may give this another shot. We had groups going a couple of years ago but my install kept breaking and I just didn't want to deal with it.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Oh God, I don't remember how to play this and all my keyboard settings are different.

Let's see how long it takes me to figure out what I'm doing. Hopefully it doesn't take longer than an hour.

steam_sig.png
    I haven't been able to get this game to run in months. Just crashes on startup. Figured I'd try again now using the gameforge client and I just get "The game is currently unavailable to you."

Guess it doesn't want me to play it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I haven't been able to get this game to run in months. Just crashes on startup. Figured I'd try again now using the gameforge client and I just get "The game is currently unavailable to you."

Guess it doesn't want me to play it.

did you migrate your account?

steam_sig.png