As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [DOODLE] Thread for the Ages. [NSFW]

• Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    ssas66avgbco.jpeg

Kim kong on
  • fellowDudefellowDude Registered User regular
    yjuypuowb3sm.jpg

Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    This is my first actual attempt at any kind of art in many, many years. Some parts I like, some I can definitely see where I need work, but overall I'm not upset at this Zero Suit sketch (the fact her face looks nothing like Samus in Smash is problem 1).

mtnry1c8m7vj.jpg

jungleroomx on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    A Warbler from practice with John Muir Laws birdy book.

w3rs11ugkdk6.jpg

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Milestone 1 - Still a ton of anatomical boondoggles, but I think it's been quite a bit of progress. Getting down the Loomis method, getting more comfortable with faces. Procreates shaping tools are nice too. Hair still sucks.

skylwrk4pd20.png

jungleroomx on
  • acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    sougl7k1gzpb.png
    ubc7ebxz1zdf.png

I’m running a Star Wars game now, as a change of pace. These are some doodles of a few of my players doin some stuff that happened

acadia on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2020
    Tried watercolor over copics. Dunno how I feel about it yet. I should probably just buy some copics in colors other than grey tones.
    ioqmu1dmlrbo.jpg

Knob on
    Missing Kurt Vonnegut a lot lately.

Y'all better get to doodling some fuckin' doodles for me to look at, its looking real lonely in here.
    ly2baf2usvhu.jpg

• OctirinOctirin Registered User regular
    I ran out of witch hat atelier, so I drew a brushbug to help cope.

llpwyi3y9om0.jpg

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Awww, brushbug is adorable!

I doodled my gecko. She is on thin ice these days, since she keeps shitting in her dang food dish.

qedohxx1oe3a.png

Didgeridoo on
    I never really did a landscape before, so I looked at some video tutorials and tried a landscape. This stuff is actually pretty fun and easy

bbbtmm1luax0.jpg

The only successful wyoming artists mainly paint wildlife and shit, so im hopping on that gravy train
    2nxbq2d44rbh.jpg

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    bombardier wrote: »
    Would be cool to see some people get into 3d stuff on the AC since Blender is getting so good right now.

@bombardier Since you asked in another thread, I guess I'll share a little scene I made over the weekend for funsies. Learning Blender now because my copy of Maya 7.0 is ancient and I'm not paying Autodesk a ton of money for a subscription.

jvbao2h31i6f.png
    6rqb2b041voa.png

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Hahaha yesssss but where's the version with you comped into it?

Blender is still in the 'draw the rest of the owl' phase for me but I can see myself doing lots of low-poly or simple flat shaded more stylized stuff instead of trying to go realism.

qko07nwcgjbh.jpg

1jy2eu41eyr5.jpg
    I made a painting...after an almost 10 year break.

0it53not7f8s.jpg

triple post

c-c-c-c-combo breaker

fe9adabbvwnb.jpg

I bought some gouache paints solely because gouache looks like a really dirty word
    xexb4vuwhewr.jpg

Testing out a new brush I made:
    ttauajddwnls.png

Came across an Ethan Becker video, don't know much about the guy and his clickbaity internet persona doesn't do much for me, but he suggested an exercise where you try to mix and match elements of styles from different artists, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Made a quick page to spit out random artists+GIS link to their work, which is here if anyone wants to try this (feel free to edit the .html and add/remove artists that you prefer):
    http://artofkevinoneill.com/webfiles/ArtistCombiner.html

Couple of results, success varied. Kind of an interesting experiment to try, dunno if it amounts to more than that though.
    bdcsxofmn7kl.png

After a 16 year hiatus I decided to get back into tattooing. 2nd piece back in the saddle.

l778hsom1fnw.jpg

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    That coin looks so real!!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Starting another scene from a recent D&D game:

ig74o88s11bq.jpg

edited August 2020
    I want to criticize his marksmanship, but a backwards no-looker from a speeding giant eagle seems like a pretty tricky shot

Knob on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    In game, he wanted to use his eldritch blast to blow up rocks and slow the wyvern, rather than damage it. What I don't have on there just yet is our gnome wizard about to have her baby eagle eaten just in front of the wyvern. That'll be added tomorrow. :)

That said, he did roll a natural 1. It didn't help.

D:

Enc on
  • squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    Hello, it's been years I haven't posted on this forum. I did a thing and I thought I'd share it here with the big boys.

WqtXJ2m.png

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • Made a Blender python script to spit out a bunch of random camera angle perspective boxes to force myself not to be perspective lazy when doodling.

s8pclyamqhu7.gif
    acuwob3utthk.gif

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    shit, that's brilliant.

That is really freaking cool. Do you draw over 'em, or just keep them in mind as reference? I haven't done anything in Blender yet!

• Didgeridoo wrote: »
    That is really freaking cool. Do you draw over 'em, or just keep them in mind as reference? I haven't done anything in Blender yet!

I render them out as .pngs and then draw over them in photoshop.

Wow, really cool tool!

Mm9Qsm4.png
    I still don't understand how digital painting really works. I don't get how to keep the lighting from getting all mushy and flat.
    vRCG0OP.png

Mm9Qsm4.png
    evlqydlserem.jpg

My lines aren't great so I decided to do something that was Just A Fucking Lot of Linework. There are a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad lines and I tapped out before I could finish. But I learned a lot.

• Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    0kaas1karicg.jpg

My most recent watercolor painting/ commission.

Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

y0r98pc47sbb.jpg

'concept' stuff

• AimAim Registered User regular
    My wife gave me all surface markers and white cups last Christmas - finally got around to doing somethjng with them:
    chipva1xiqho.jpg

edited September 2020
    I did another thing, I'm still learning how to draw folds and how to blend paint but I'm pretty happy with the result (you can click the image to land on my IG).

tiscdjyl5rcm.jpg

Aim wrote: »
    My wife gave me all surface markers and white cups last Christmas - finally got around to doing something with them

Aww, lovely!

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
    Hey square it seems like there may be something wrong with your picture link, it just endlessly loads for me but will not display the image. I'd love to see it! Could you maybe rehost it somewhere else?

Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Hey square it seems like there may be something wrong with your picture link, it just endlessly loads for me but will not display the image. I'd love to see it! Could you maybe rehost it somewhere else?

Yeah, sure! I rehosted it here https://imgur.com/a/Q6U0BuK or you can find it here also https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrM4sVlBuf/

Mm9Qsm4.png