As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Hahahahaha, wow that is cool that they are going to make it easier to form Devastator. I've seen lots of complaints about picking up the pieces here and there and for those who just got into the collecting the parts it is hard to find the older releases. Hopefully this will be easy to get in the States for those who want one.

On another news, Hasbro released the info on Bug Bite which is a retool of the Earthrise Cliffjumper figure with Bumblebee head in white, black and purple coloring and sports the Mercenary logo instead of an Autobot or Decpticon. The original toy was an exclusive white Bumblebee G1 toy but a Decepticon. Then later a BotCon exclusive and now an online Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and Hasbro Pulse exclusive.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Bugbite was originally a Gobot-ass Gobot that Hasbro acquired the rights to when they bought Tonka back in the day. The original set was basically a bunch of Gobots made out of redecod G1 minibots. Bugbite looks way different because he was a yellow VW bug that looked.. well..

GoBotsBugBiteModel.png

Also, screw you dictionary, Gobot is to a word!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    New Marvel Legends wave is a bunch of symbiotes and a living vampire

Pretty neat. I mainly just want Phage to go with Scream and Lasher

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Bugbite was originally a Gobot-ass Gobot that Hasbro acquired the rights to when they bought Tonka back in the day. The original set was basically a bunch of Gobots made out of redecod G1 minibots. Bugbite looks way different because he was a yellow VW bug that looked.. well..

GoBotsBugBiteModel.png

Also, screw you dictionary, Gobot is to a word!

*sniff* You take those mean words back! I actually loved the GoBots toy line and show because it made it easier for me to get the Bandai Machine Robo toys here in the states. I only got a few of the larger ones (which Bugbite came from) since they were still expensive, but cheaper than the Japanese counterparts.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I wasn't disparaging Gobots, just making a distinction from the OG Gobots and the various reuses of that name from Hasbro over the years.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Jin Bao's oversized version of Generation Toys Gravity Builder came in the mail yesterday, and I'm in love. I've mentioned before that I have the NBK version of this toy, and I like it a lot, and I still do. But the quality in the JB version is leaps and bounds better. Tighter joints, more ratchets, shaper corners and details, better paint applications, and on and on. If you want a toy for a kid to play with, get the NBK version. If you want a Devastator that scales well with your MP figures, get the Jin Bao version.

I wasn't disparaging Gobots, just making a distinction from the OG Gobots and the various reuses of that name from Hasbro over the years.

Oh good, we can continue to be friends then.

Yeah, I am bummed that Hasbro got the rights to GoBots here in the states and we'll probably never see them re-released again. I would have loved to go back down that memory lane once again and pick up some bots that I never got. Maybe I'll start surfing eBay and picking them up once I feel like I'm done with collecting Transformers.

oosik_betsuni.png
    There was a shortlived line of effectively "masterpiece" Machine Robo toys, but they seemed to have stopped being produced.

There was a shortlived line of effectively "masterpiece" Machine Robo toys, but they seemed to have stopped being produced.

Yeah, I got steam robo which seems to be the latest one from Action Toys. It is really cool and I love how it is a homage to the original toy, but it isn't the same simple transformation toy. Although not sure if it is stopped since they were really slow to begin with.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Apparently Baroness is finally starting to show up at Targets. If anyone happens to see one and wants to ship it to me .....

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

I found it hilarious that it went up for sale the day I got the set from you (and it has not gone out of stock yet). It is like it was destiny!

I also read the reviews on the Baroness figure you are looking for. Maybe it is a good thing you can't find one yet.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, sorry about that. Hope you’re not regretting it 😓

Good to see it’s getting some decent stocking now at least. Hopefully the GI Joe Classified stuff follows the trend

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, sorry about that. Hope you’re not regretting it 😓

Good to see it’s getting some decent stocking now at least. Hopefully the GI Joe Classified stuff follows the trend

Hahaha! No, it is fine. I'm honestly used to this when it comes to toys. If I don't buy it they disappear and I never get them. Once I do buy it they either go on sale, easy to find, or shelf warm and end up at Ross/etc. for clearance. So I just buy what I want when they come out and am happy to have it.

Yep, hope you will be able to order your Baroness online or get one in store.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Generations Select G2 Megatron and Sandstorm are real, preorders have gone up.

G2 Sandstorm is a completely different character from G1 Sandstorm, which is disappointing because G1 Sandstorm is one of my all time favs, but this G2 guy is a conehead seeker based on some original 80s concept art and has never had a figure before so that’s neat.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Picked up both because I wanted a Megatron but thought that the alt tank mode was silly not being the G2 version. Yeah I wish they made the G1 Sandstorm, but this one is awesome to see a real version and not some painted prototype.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Man they keep splitting up all variations of the Seekers all over the place.

Too bad there’s a two pack through Amazon and once again they under-ordered/let scalpers drain their stock.

Nobody wrote: »
    Man they keep splitting up all variations of the Seekers all over the place.

Too bad there’s a two pack through Amazon and once again they under-ordered/let scalpers drain their stock.

I got mine from that pre-order fiasco and it came with the label slapped on the display box like most others. Luckily the toys were not damaged and I'm good to go. Amazon is telling some people that they are expecting to get another set in soon so hopefully the scalpers will get theirs (not just that but the scalpers probably also getting destroyed display boxes is music to my ears).

Took some shots and had some time to play with the two 2-Packs yesterday. I really am happy with their engineering making these sort of mini-masterpieces.

I'm leaving this one out because it is hilarious!
    Seeker_packs_01.jpg

The rest are behind the spoiler and the mini-write up.
    Yeah, I am so happy that I don't have any of the production issues with these guys. Some people are getting their pins pushed in the incorrect way, stress on the insertion points, stress on the shoulders. All those reports made me worry that these were not good at all. The transformations are hilarious where you fold up the arms like origami and then tuck them into the 'chest' area while the nosecone of the jet folds over and forms the front fuselage of the jet. The legs fold up like all previous origami folding of legs which was interesting. The coneheads legs actually have the knee guard things covering the waist flap while the normal seekers have the flap over the knee guards. I am a bit sad that Hasbro decided to not make the tank pods for Ramjet/Dirge, but I can understand since most people will keep these guys in bot mode. Maybe I'll figure out some 3D print version to make the two pod bombs for Ramjet and Dirge. To be honest, I'm seriously surprised and glad they made the coneheads looking at the different molds they had to make for them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more variations from these molds to make them worth it for them. We already have Sandstorm from Ramjet. The only thing I have to nitpick is that since they have the heads slip into the nose/cockpit area the head are a bit too small for their bodies. Now I can't wait to get Thrust and Starscream to fill out the two teams.

Seeker_packs_02.jpg
    Seeker_packs_03.jpg

I had my MP Ramjet on my desk so had to take a comparison shot of the two.

Seeker_packs_04.jpg
    Seeker_packs_05.jpg

LOOK! You can make them look like the old G1 toy!

Seeker_packs_06.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Sandstorm is selling out at multiple places so if you want him, you better grab him.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Saw this in the mood thread and couldn't stop laughing about it, I figured you all would appreciate it too.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Ok, that is both creepy and funny at the same time!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ok, that is both creepy and funny at the same time!

This is my hole, it was made for me.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I picked up the Target two pack of Seekers, I think I’ll just worry about grabbing Starscream for the original trio and not worry about the rest

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I actually found some cool stuff at my Walmart for once
    IMG-20200822-212424.jpg
    The Funkoverse thing is a board game, I probably wouldn't have picked it up but it's actually the Chase version, the little jaws figure has a bloody mouth... So I had to get it lmao

So here is a post that is not Transformers for once!

A long time ago I got introduced to the Bandai Soul of Chogokin line thanks to their Battle Fever Robo from Battle Fever J (it is one of those precursor humans piloting a huge robot like Power Rangers). Flash forward a few years (a bit over a decade) and I got hooked again with their Go Lion (Voltron) set and now the Dairugger (Vehicle Voltron) toys. Then I discovered that they also made other childhood memories such as Mazinger Z (there are a ton of them) and Combattler V! I honestly did not watch or know what Combattler V was other than a mini 3.75" figure I had as a kid and loved it for some strange reason. So flash forward and I just had to have these in my collection. They are both just pose able action figures (sort of like super dolls) with a ton of accessories. Sorry I didn't take any photos of the accessories (I will if anybody asks), but I did have fun posing them together like this for the photo shoot. The Combattler V figure is like my childhood toy, but if my childhood toy could pose in wild positions and have lots of gimmicks! Mazinger Z is exactly like I remember it from the cartoon. It has the little jet pilder that you can swoosh around and land in Mazinger Z's head to activate it (it comes with a unlit face to make it look like it isn't awake). They have the missile in the belly, flying wing, blade wrists, different hands for different poses, and some others I don't even remember. I have so many memories watching the show and wishing I could have my own jet (or hover) pilder and Mazinger Z! This was of course before Transformers and then I wanted that instead. HAHAHAHA! What is sad is I can't remember which TV show I used to watch back then. According to the Internet it could have either been the American Tranzor Z or Mazinger Z (since I know that Hawaii showed some Japanese shows on TV).

So hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed posing them to take the shots. I have these both on my desk and plan on changing their poses once a month at least (maybe more).

combattlerv_mazinger_01.jpg

combattlerv_mazinger_02.jpg

combattlerv_mazinger_03.jpg

combattlerv_mazinger_04.jpg

combattlerv_mazinger_05.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Which SoC Mazinger is that? I have an older one that I love. A Getter Robo as well. Oh shit, and the transforming Gunbuster... that I completely forgot about... 😅

But my fav is GaoGaiGar

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Which SoC Mazinger is that? I have an older one that I love. A Getter Robo as well. Oh shit, and the transforming Gunbuster... that I completely forgot about... 😅

But my fav is GaoGaiGar

The FA line (GX-70) one:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/40359

I honestly never paid much attention to this line till now. Glad I got all the ones I want! Well ok, so I want the Yamato, but I have no room for it.

oosik_betsuni.png

But my fav is GaoGaiGar

The FA line (GX-70) one:

I honestly never paid much attention to this line till now. Glad I got all the ones I want! Well ok, so I want the Yamato, but I have no room for it.

Oh man, they’re typically great figures from my experience. My Mazinger is GX-45, which has the black instead of blue limbs. I think this look originated from Mazinkaiser maybe?

I always hoped they would make a SoC King J-Der from GaoGaiGar

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

But my fav is GaoGaiGar

The FA line (GX-70) one:

Oh man, they’re typically great figures from my experience. My Mazinger is GX-45, which has the black instead of blue limbs. I think this look originated from Mazinkaiser maybe?

I always hoped they would make a SoC King J-Der from GaoGaiGar

Ooh I looked up your version and yours has a flight stand (sorta). It looks rather intimidating in all black. Sadly I have not seen all of the old robot cartoons, but I am going to start with Combattler V when my blurays come in.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    What is sad is I can't remember which TV show I used to watch back then. According to the Internet it could have either been the American Tranzor Z or Mazinger Z (since I know that Hawaii showed some Japanese shows on TV).

Look up the openings on YouTube. They have very different theme songs, and the American Tranzor Z one is ridiculously catchy.

Nobody should have told me there's a Figurarts version of the Japanese Spidey
    bdqob17z0tb4.jpg
    It's beautiful

Who? Oh, you mean Emmisary of Hell, Spiderman.

Congratulations, you are now Spiderman... FOREVER.

Orogogus wrote: »
    What is sad is I can't remember which TV show I used to watch back then. According to the Internet it could have either been the American Tranzor Z or Mazinger Z (since I know that Hawaii showed some Japanese shows on TV).

Look up the openings on YouTube. They have very different theme songs, and the American Tranzor Z one is ridiculously catchy.

Hahahaha I just did and still can't remember either of them. Makes me wonder if I just caught parts of episodes now as a kid.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Just a head's up for any Transformers fans. It seems that Hasbro is getting a second shipment of Siege Omega Supreme, Jetfire and cassette set in for December/January. They are up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse, Entertainment Earth, and Big Bad Toy Store so far.

oosik_betsuni.png
    In the end, despite wavering on it, I couldn't justify the Sentinel from the Legends line. It was so so badass but I thought of all the things I could use that money for instead and couldn't fire off on it.

I do demand pics of spiderma- I mean the big bastard tho for those who did get it

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I say do it! Sell those Funkopops and buy a big ass Sentinel.

This message brought to you by the plastic crack council.

Heffling wrote: »
    I say do it! Sell those Funkopops and buy a big ass Sentinel.

This message brought to you by the plastic crack council.

Yeah or I could just buy like 25 pops with that money... 🤔

edited August 2020
    Pictures of Kingdom figures are starting to leak. Looks like the BW figures are going with "Show accurate robot modes, more realistic Beast modes) which is fine. (Though as these are likely the only time we're getting these characters anytime soon, I probably would have prioritized show accuracy in beast mode as well) Also, Warpath looks like a tank.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/08/25/transformers-kingdom-rattrap-in-hand-images-417938

Also the latest Selects figures to be revealed were G2 Megatron, G2 Sandstorm (Ramjet redeco) and Roritchi, who is a redeco of Scorponok weaponizer Fasttrack, perhaps suggesting that a Scorpnok redeco into Black Zarak is in the cards.

Undead Scottsman on