As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Doesn't morathi have the heart of khaine or something and if she wouldn't use all the energy or blood or whatever she uses all for herself but khaine could actually be resurrected?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Doesn't morathi have the heart of khaine or something and if she wouldn't use all the energy or blood or whatever she uses all for herself but khaine could actually be resurrected?

Yes. She has the only part of Khaine to exist in the AoS world . She sends her followers out looking for more shards and other mission
    As Axen pointed out she co op'd the Ur Gold and Grimnir's rumored way of rebirth

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

I can't remember if thats explicitly stated in the battletome, but it's at least implied that that's the case, yes. I think it's more that as an elven god Khaine would regenerate/reincarnate over time, and whatever rituals she's doing with the heart prevent that? But then again none of the other old elven gods are exactly hanging around as far as I know, so I could be wrong!

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Y'know I don't have a DoK army, but I do like their lore. Perhaps more than most factions.

Morathi herself is, well, not a good person. Maybe not quite evil, but certainly not to be trusted. The rest of the DoK are more good, for the most part, mostly. They are steadfast warriors, loyal, and absolutely willing to destroy Chaos. Their biggest problem is, hilariously enough, a PR one. They are so brutal in war that many peoples of the Mortal Realms are rather put off by them. They actually have temples in most major cities. To help improve their public image they put on shows of skill and generally only have the Badass Beautiful Warrior Aelves out in public to help "soften" their image. Now granted they don't really care for allies, but they also don't want the common folk to completely fear them. If only so they can operate outside Ulgu in order to carry out their missions without too much fuss.

The Melusai are the "ascended". Most DoK strife with this "honor". Only Morathi can elevate someone to a Melusai. However, like with many things Morathi-y, it too is a lie. The Melusai's will is completely subsumed by Morathi's. She typically only "rewards" those DoK who perhaps ask too many questions or complain a little too loudly or maybe aren't as in to High Oracle Morathi as she would prefer. So Morathi gets powerful warriors and at the same time mitigates nay-sayers.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    I know I said it was odd they did not show the Sons of Behemat or anything more about the Realm Lords in the preview yesterday
    This week they are going to show off the whole line of realm lords. My brother is still curious what the start collecting box will be as he points out the archers. hammer elves and caster in the veil is the ideal one but it can be just hammer elves and the caster on the plinth or as is fears just the models again that came in the release box as they were

With the state of the mail system getting worse and worse by the day I am kind of wary to buy stuff online but it's far easier with the state of things as they are in the pandemic

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Hey, you guys know what's cool? Warcry. You know what's cooler? When your wife wants to try it, so your mutual housewarming gift for your move-in-progress is the Cypher Lords, the Splintered Fang, and the Shattered Stormvault.

I might be slightly excited.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Warcry is great. The whole "don't roll saves, just take the wounds" aspect makes the game feel so much faster to play.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I love war cry.

I did not enjoy playing against a stormcast vanguard chamber where the mission was I had to kill his leader.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I love war cry.

I did not enjoy playing against a stormcast vanguard chamber where the mission was I had to kill his leader.

Yeah, the rules and board setups really arent meant to deal with ranged teams.

Board setups sort of preclude adding a ton of cover all over the board, and the rules let them roll for full damage at full distance, and dont have any defensive rules for shields or anything.

Unless you pull the twist card that sets max range of attacks at 3”

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I loved Warcry, but our club campaign fell apart when a few people (with AoS rather than Warcry specific warbands) got stuck at what they felt were unwinnable nexus points in their campaign and got frustrated. Set scenarios at certain points in the campaign path was a fine idea, but they needed a way to 'fail forward'. As it stands you need to beat your head against the wall on the exact same game setup you just lost, over and over.

Luckily all the scenery and minis I got for Warcry will translate nicely over to other fantasy skirmish games like Frostgrave or Vanguard.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I have two of the warcry terrain sets
    The Graveyard and the Shattered Stormvault I got to use in AoS games as well as Kill Team {there has to be mausoleums either a moon around a hive world or in system that is a planet sized graveyard for the well to do and those not turned into paste I am tempted to get the souldrain forest {maybe X2} for both AOS and if I get into Warcry as catacombs is really tempting
    in Shadow and Pain I noticed something
    88zviope3cw5.jpg

u0d4jwqi5lmu.png
    I think the braziers are in it
    If so that's yet another to get it as it looks like you get two and a blade looking thing as well whatever is hiding behind the rock in the upper left hand of the pic

I loved Warcry, but our club campaign fell apart when a few people (with AoS rather than Warcry specific warbands) got stuck at what they felt were unwinnable nexus points in their campaign and got frustrated. Set scenarios at certain points in the campaign path was a fine idea, but they needed a way to 'fail forward'. As it stands you need to beat your head against the wall on the exact same game setup you just lost, over and over.

Luckily all the scenery and minis I got for Warcry will translate nicely over to other fantasy skirmish games like Frostgrave or Vanguard.

Were they always facing the same opponents for their nexus? Would think that just rotating through different players and warbands would hopefully help them pass it

Also, couldn’t they grind up some glory to increase their warband value along with some artifacts etc?

steam_sig.png
    Warcry absolutely feels like a game that's trying to replicate cinematic/animeesque over-the-top action sequences on the tabletop with its speed and free movement. I had initially worried that it wouldn't catch on, but my local Warhammer store has a (temporarily on Haitus due to COVID) vibrant and quite successful Warcry league. The first two things the manager told me: "Don't get attached to any particular fighter. He or she will die horribly" and "The real name of the Ogor Breacher is Poundcake".

I also enjoy that it tries to minimize your downtime. I adore Kill Team, and it is probably one of my favorite tabletops ever, but it hurts to sit through hit roll -> wound roll -> saving throw -> injury roll. Warcry says "Nah, eff that, go punch that bird dude right in his bill!"

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I do like that Warcry is super quick, even if you do draw a bad/unfavourable mission setup it's not a huge deal normally cos you'll be done in next to no time and setting up for the next game.

I missed out on the original Warcry starter set so I am excited for the Catacombs release.

The Scions look cool and I’ve long been a little DoK-curious. So that’s a big plus to me in getting it.

I’ve gotten my friends interested in AoS via Underworlds. Warcry shall be the next step. One day I hope to see full armies being fielded by my buddies. Someday.

Axen wrote: »
    I missed out on the original Warcry starter set so I am excited for the Catacombs release.

The Scions look cool and I’ve long been a little DoK-curious. So that’s a big plus to me in getting it.

I’ve gotten my friends interested in AoS via Underworlds. Warcry shall be the next step. One day I hope to see full armies being fielded by my buddies. Someday.

Amusingly the Catacombs release announcement has gotten the Ebay scalpers of the original set scurrying to lower their prices.

If you are in Canada I found a gameshop in Quebec that seems to still have copies of the original starter for MSRP and ~30 for shipping so $230 CAD all in.

steam_sig.png
    Axen wrote: »

Amusingly the Catacombs release announcement has gotten the Ebay scalpers of the original set scurrying to lower their prices.

If you are in Canada I found a gameshop in Quebec that seems to still have copies of the original starter for MSRP and ~30 for shipping so $230 CAD all in.

Oh interesting. Maybe I shall keep an eye open.

I saw someone selling a bundle of the starter with the Cypher Lords for 250 I am tempted but I don't see that warband that often nor talked about here that often
    I am far more interested in Catacombs but I thought about getting the monsters the Fomoroid Crusher and the Ogroid Myrmidon as there was solo battles for shadespire with them

But it was also the spire tyrants I was interested in
    The Not DoK warband does have me interested they will do some other not chaos warbands but I think they are going to sneak in whatever Malerion's army is into this as a preview as it seems more of where it show up in the battle against chaos
    still the Broken Realms books I have a feeling they are going to be like the PA books for 40k {new units and lore} So I have a feeling since the caster for the Realm Lords in underworlds seems to be a water one I think the theory that the realm lords book was half done seems to be true adding to it today's article on warhammer community So they might add in the other parts in the broken realm book for Teclis

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I'm still brain-boggled that I got the original Warcry starter set for $145

It was from a small seller on Amazon, guess they just couldn't get rid of it locally for some reason

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    so when i left Relic, i joined a bunch of other Dawn of War vets who had founded their own studio, and we got together with Games Workshop to make a rad turn based strategy game... Finally get to announce it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbEDT7agKaI

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Yes! Been looking forward to you dropping this announcement.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Awesome!
    Really excited that it's set in AoS too!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Any details you can share about what exactly this is? Turn-based strategy can mean a lot of things.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited August 2020
    Any details you can share about what exactly this is? Turn-based strategy can mean a lot of things.

unfortunately i can't share too much but i can drop the description our publisher put together on our steam page. i will say... even though its turn based and not RTS, my history with Dawn of War games are a big influence, especially the best parts of DOW2 and Dark Crusade.

"Conquer the Mortal Realms!

Become the commander of one of the extraordinary factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar - a dark-fantasy universe where immortal knights ride heavenly stardrakes to eradicate Death across a multitude of realms. This is Storm Ground, a world of legends, heroes, hellish creatures and fearsome battles.

Lead your highly-customisable force in this dynamic and spectacular skirmish turn-based strategy game packed with fast-paced warfare. Victories allow you to collect and upgrade new types of units, powerful equipment, and unlock devastating skills.

Explore all the routes in Storm Ground’s non-linear campaign. During each new playthrough, overcome new odds to find unique units and gears. Build your legendary army and defy other players in epic online duels.

The first strategy videogame adaptation of Games Workshop’s epic Age of Sigmar
    Spectacular and fast-paced tactical battles
    Unlock, collect and upgrade dozens of units, equipment and skills
    Play solo or online in epic 1vs1 battles"

Matrias on
    also aww thanks @Asher and @Dayspring. miss you guys, should gang around here more often.

I'm hyped to see digital Nighthaunts for the (first?) time

Well, I have something new to pump my spending money to! Thanks for letting us know!

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I'm preemptively mad the main character isn't an Ironjaw

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm hyping myself for a maybe tactics ish game. I loved chaos gate back in the day(which was 40k) and have been wanting another in that style for a while. I'd love anything vaguely similar!

steam_sig.png
    I am curious what systems it will be out for

I'm hyping myself for a maybe tactics ish game. I loved chaos gate back in the day(which was 40k) and have been wanting another in that style for a while. I'd love anything vaguely similar!

If you really want something that’s out now to pass the time there are some decent titles.

Turn based tactics set in the Old World has Mordheim City of the Damned, which is a bit of a personal favourite of mine.

40K has Space Hulk and another similar title called Space Wolf

steam_sig.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mechanicus is supposed to be pretty good, too

Brainleech wrote: »

all of them

this probably very much scratches your itch.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I have two of the warcry terrain sets
    The Graveyard and the Shattered Stormvault I got to use in AoS games as well as Kill Team {there has to be mausoleums either a moon around a hive world or in system that is a planet sized graveyard for the well to do and those not turned into paste I am tempted to get the souldrain forest {maybe X2} for both AOS and if I get into Warcry as catacombs is really tempting
    in Shadow and Pain I noticed something
    88zviope3cw5.jpg

u0d4jwqi5lmu.png
    I think the braziers are in it
    If so that's yet another to get it as it looks like you get two and a blade looking thing as well whatever is hiding behind the rock in the upper left hand of the pic

only thing that makes my bits tingle are the snake girls, such cool models.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Matrias wrote: »

all of them

I was glad to see that it'd be coming out on Switch. Neither of the other two are.

Edit: Possible correction: while Bloodbowl III was not listed as coming to the Switch in the announcement, the trailer does have a Switch logo at the end.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Rest of the Lumineth range will be released over the next two weeks.

• PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    These are ace, I'll hear no words to the contrary

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    These are ace, I'll hear no words to the contrary

Thanks. I hate these.

edited August 2020
    Please GW, stop putting weird pips on 1s and 6s :(

I actually love everything else about those

pardzh on

This discussion has been closed.