As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whedon and Ryan to take over Runaways.

12346»

• Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Blackjack wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Frankly, I think the staff of one might be more powerful than that. Nico just needs to learn how to use it. Notice that certain phrases also are spells.
    I think my favorite was "Shine on, you crazy diamond"

However, keep in mind that it's not a matter of knowing more words. Similar ideas count as the same spell.

One of the things that most irritated me with the YA/Runaways crossover is that Wells blatantly used the VERY FIRST SPELL Nico used again.

Nico's first spell was "FREEZE"

the spell she used in YA/Runaways was "CHILL OUT"

They had different effects and connotations, too. The first spell, she wanted them to actually stop. The second she wanted them to calm down.

Besides, it's been hinted that the staff of one can actually recast spells under the right circumstances (Alex used a spell that created the anti-Masjesdian chains on both Karolina's parents and Karolina). Perhaps Nico just got lucky.
    They had the same effect, unless I'm mistaken. In both cases the person was "frozen".

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Blackjack wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Frankly, I think the staff of one might be more powerful than that. Nico just needs to learn how to use it. Notice that certain phrases also are spells.
    I think my favorite was "Shine on, you crazy diamond"

However, keep in mind that it's not a matter of knowing more words. Similar ideas count as the same spell.

One of the things that most irritated me with the YA/Runaways crossover is that Wells blatantly used the VERY FIRST SPELL Nico used again.

Nico's first spell was "FREEZE"

the spell she used in YA/Runaways was "CHILL OUT"

They had different effects and connotations, too. The first spell, she wanted them to actually stop. The second she wanted them to calm down.

Besides, it's been hinted that the staff of one can actually recast spells under the right circumstances (Alex used a spell that created the anti-Masjesdian chains on both Karolina's parents and Karolina). Perhaps Nico just got lucky.
    They had the same effect, unless I'm mistaken. In both cases the person was "frozen".

The first spell, Gert's mother stopped in her tracks (no actual snow or ice is shown). The second spell, the Hostel got really cold, which served to stop the fighting (but no one was "frozen")

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970