As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Y'all remember GameSpy?

Remember Planet Quake? Or Redwood's Quake Page? Or Bluesnews?

...oh god, Bluesnews is still around somehow.

Yeah it is!

And somehow looks barely different from 20 years ago!

1js44zxqmle9.jpgbzgzfvy4tdwz.jpg

Respect the ancient hustle.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    cB557 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna play Remnant right now? I'm available for a good two hours.
    Yeah, sure. What's your ign?

For some reason, it updates really slowly on Epic, so I'm still waiting for it to finish. Same name as on here for Epic and Steam, and the accounts are connected so I should be able to play with either storefront.

Edit: just realized there's no space on my Epic account. There is on Steam

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna play Remnant right now? I'm available for a good two hours.
    Yeah, sure. What's your ign?

For some reason, it updates really slowly on Epic, so I'm still waiting for it to finish. Same name as on here for Epic and Steam, and the accounts are connected so I should be able to play with either storefront.

Edit: just realized there's no space on my Epic account. There is on Steam
    I have it on Epic, not steam. Pretty sure we can still coop, but I'm not sure how it's done.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuckin' A. I used to use Kali to play Descent 2 over the internet. Gold Knight Clan! woo!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDymu9xC25o

https://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=64861

L4D2 is getting a community-led content update, most likely including the L4D1 survival map The Last Stand, the only part of 1 that never got ported to 2
    According to reports from people in the community, there's been a big group of folks testing something on private Valve test servers for several months, so it's probably gonna be a lot bigger than just that one map.

Crippl3 on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I haven't really followed L4D for about 5 years, but at that point there hadn't been a single good fan made campaign. I'm not hopeful.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I had a dream that someone was making a harvest moon-style game with murder mystery elements

You're a world famous detective who, stardew style, decides that life is too depressing and hectic, and takes an early retirement to move out to the country

So like you'd have your farm, and you'd develop it while also hanging out in town and getting to know everyone, and then one morning one of the townsfolk is found dead. You have no choice but to come out of retirement to gather clues and interview the townsfolk in order to solve the crime before the killer strikes again

And I'm mainly posting about this because I'm gonna need all of you to abandon your life ambitions in order to make this game because FUCK I wanna play it

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ok Brolo, now work your magic to get me a tactics style turn based strat, but you collect and farm and build and adjust the 3D maps you fight on to your choosing

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Brolo wrote: »

no wonder I cant get any frags or smooch any cute gamer girls
    I'd think about getting the sweatshirts if they specifically had larger hoods to accommodate headsets.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    if I actually wanted gamer utility clothing, I would want

- a lot of front pockets to stick snacks in and maybe a flex tube for a straw so I could just drink my 44oz soda like a fremen
    - wrist/elbow padding on the sleeves for my mouse hand
    - maybe a cat-holding sling

there are so many places you could actually go wtih this that might be hilariously stupid but at least aren't just a logo stitched onto a basic size M hoodie

rRwz9.gif
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Those are a standard-ass sweatshirts and a pair of standard-ass sweatpants.

And they cost one hundred forty dollars

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I got a message on Reddit and I feel like I'm not talking to a human
    m4253mplwodk.png

But I can't figure out why a bot or whatever would ask me these things

I've never posted in the subreddit, only commented, and not done that for over a week

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    maybe if you keep responding the bot will try to phish your login or something

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I don't even see a loop to hold the pee bag. Gamer pants my ass

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I don't even see a loop to hold the pee bag. Gamer pants my ass

The legs are built-in poop socks.

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Designed by gamers?
    Then there wouldn't be a line for women because that's pandering and i hate myself.

DX:HR:
    Returned to Detroit for the riots and away again to Hengsha before getting on the DLC boat, its in the right part of the game in the Directors Cut.
    Detroit: They missed a trick in not having more updates on your actions the first time round, they have the one bit with the desk Cop at the station if you win the conversation with him, he comes back pissed
    theres a bit of dialogue from the Cops talking about someone in the station
    and theres an email or two in Sarif about the "Office Bandit", which is me the only person they dont suspect, because i didn't become the multi-thousandaire i am today without breaking into offices and stealing your credits and snackbars ok!?

Hengsha:
    You cant easily save Malik while doing a "non-lethal" run, but i did it and it struck me how stupid it is to be doing that from a narrative standpoint, like yeah my buds dying cause all these guys are shooting at them, but i don't want to hurt any of them, i mean they're just doing their job shooting us out of the sky and trying to murder us, we would all do it.
    Then same as Detroit, no update on anything you did at all here. More tong, rescue his kid, head to the docks.

DLC Boat:
    I'm not far in so don't quite remember it all, but i do remember the first time round without the DLC when you got on the boat in a cutscene then got off in another with no in between. Then they said "Actually, stuff happens in between those!".
    I like it, just got out onto the main deck of the ship and have no ammo so am having to be sneaky and only give naps to the most tired of guards.

Ginger Mijango on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    DLC Boat:
    don't forget to grab your stuff at the end, it'll be on the dock

I have mixed feelings on the DLC. On the one hand, when it was stand-alone, it was fine to have the player start from scratch; but it's really weird when integrated into the game. I love that they integrated it, but I wish they had re-designed it a bit so it would flow better.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Gamer clothes should be a onesie with a toilet flap, a water bottle mount to allow hands free drinking, and waterproof snack pouches for chips and/or dip. Perhaps some built in mini tongs for grabbing the chips without dirtying your fingers.

ZD98Zka.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    It seems the ideal gaming garment would be some sort of fluid filled pod with pipes up your nose and down your throat and up your butt and peeholes so you never have to move for nutrient intake or waste output

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Ok Brolo, now work your magic to get me a tactics style turn based strat, but you collect and farm and build and adjust the 3D maps you fight on to your choosing

Hobnail wrote: »
    It seems the ideal gaming garment would be some sort of fluid filled pod with pipes up your nose and down your throat and up your butt and peeholes so you never have to move for nutrient intake or waste output

"Your shit and piss are processed in the thigh pads"

ZD98Zka.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "The water tastes like ass and dirt"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    trying to play Flight Simulator and it running like absolute garbage is making me think it might be time to get a new PC

I built this one about 4 years ago so it might be running its course, and I can just do that instead of getting a console since those things seem to be giant messes

think I can get by just still working for 1080p, or is now the time to shut up and move up to 4k?

6F32U1X.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1598532169
    Destiny or Fate will be free to claim on Steam in 4 hours:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/919220/Destiny_or_Fate/

Your wrathful thrashing after being owned provides the pumping action

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

DISCOVER A PURPOSE
    The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home.

ON A JOURNEY
    Travel deeper into the lands beyond the dark forest and overcome the adversities before you.

UNCOVER A WORLD
    Discover beautiful wilderness filled with lost folk, strange creatures and mysterious ruins.

LIGHT THE LAST CAMPFIRE
    Find hope and carry it with you on your Journey to light The Last Campfire.
    20200827 The Last Campfire (narrative, adventure, puzzle platformer)

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Wait what? Did they announce the release date before this? I've been really interested in this game since they dropped the first trailer and feel like I've heard nothing about it since.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Wait what? Did they announce the release date before this? I've been really interested in this game since they dropped the first trailer and feel like I've heard nothing about it since.

came as a sony surprise announcement yesterday, but then as it turns out it was available for everything

this seems like a neat vr thing, but maybe a little rough around the edges

I know it's not PC related, but I can't believe that the XSX and the PS5 are being released in about 90 days at most (probably less), and we still don't know a price or release date for either.

ZD98Zka.png
    Every console will be released at the price of six hundred and sixty six curséd American dollars for WORMWOOD burns bright in the sky in this THE YEAR OF THE BEAST

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I know it's not PC related, but I can't believe that the XSX and the PS5 are being released in about 90 days at most (probably less), and we still don't know a price or release date for either.

Yeah, in a normal year we would have gotten that at E3, for sure

Now I got no idea when we'll learn that stuff, and I'd still place bets that not even Sony and Microsoft know either

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Are there even any next gen exclusive games for either console announced for launch?

Even the Xbox One and PS4 had some stuff like Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3

Couscous on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Couscous wrote: »
    Are there even any next gen exclusive games for either console announced for launch?

Miles Morales for PS5 is the only one I'm aware of

Xbox is leaning on hard on how, through backwards compatibility and gamepass, there's "thousands of games" playable on your series x day 1

Which is technically true but like c'mon

Speed Racer on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from the G&T Space Sim thread:
    Darmak wrote: »
    X4 is getting another expansion! From the Steam page:
    X4: Cradle of Humanity, the second big expansion for X4: Foundations, brings the X series back to Earth. While significantly increasing the size of the game's universe with new sectors, the expansion also welcomes two Terran factions to X4: Foundations, along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations. New game-starts introduce the identity and political stance of the Terran factions, as well as give an alternative perspective on existing story developments in X4: Foundations.

X4: Cradle of Humanity also sheds a light on what has happened to Earth in the decades since the jump-gate shutdown. Furthermore, a certain pirate faction that is well known to fans of the series is making a dramatic comeback

JtgVX0H.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

the dreamcast gambit is safer if everyone is doing it

This discussion has been closed.