As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I continue to be pleased and impressed with how thoughtfully and responsibly media figures in the basketball world talk about and approach these issues. Even just the Inside the NBA guys put a lot of mainstream media to shame in covering this kind of thing.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The NBA is the most player centric league out of all the big sports.

This is by virtue of the fact that 2-3 guys are essentially your team. You build role players around them and results may vary but those 2-3 guys are what defines your team.

So in a league with 30 teams, if 40 of your top 60 players are pissed the fuck off about something and the remaining 20 are largely sympathetic, then management has to stand up and listen.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Also no helmets, smaller teams on the floor, and much greater room for individual accomplishment.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    only 6 MLB teams decided not to play today and NHL had their full slate of playoff hockey go on

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I continue to be pleased and impressed with how thoughtfully and responsibly media figures in the basketball world talk about and approach these issues. Even just the Inside the NBA guys put a lot of mainstream media to shame in covering this kind of thing.

The NBA is a relatively small league and the players tend to have longer careers so the journalists that cover them develop meaningful relationships with them. They listen to these players and they care about them unlike MSM news media that cover beltway bullshit like it's the sport.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    only 6 MLB teams decided not to play today and NHL had their full slate of playoff hockey go on

On the other hand, only one scheduled MLS game happened today, the players for the other teams all decided to strike.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

The NBA is a relatively small league and the players tend to have longer careers so the journalists that cover them develop meaningful relationships with them. They listen to these players and they care about them unlike MSM news media that cover beltway bullshit like it's the sport.

Precisely, a lot of the worst of each type of media are bad in pretty similar ways, too. Manufactured conflict, tunnel vision on celebrity and drama, no room left over for nuance. So many guys around the NBA approach this stuff where they're the first to admit they're not experts, it's wonderful to see it approached seriously and with integrity.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I was reading an article on the playoffs resuming and it raised it question.

It said the 13 teams remaining in the playoffs were all consulted. How are there 13 teams left? The answer might have hit me, did somebody get swept?

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I was reading an article on the playoffs resuming and it raised it question.

It said the 13 teams remaining in the playoffs were all consulted. How are there 13 teams left? The answer might have hit me, did somebody get swept?

Yeah. 16 teams ( 8 x 2 ), minus the three that got swept -- Pacers, Nets, and 76ers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It was really bugging me and right as i was about to hit post it clicked lol. Figured id still ask though

• Options
    is three days enough for dame to find his time?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

Dammit DL. No, Warriors cannot have Dame!

Oh, that's a nice second pick there ..

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular

Dame is no longer in the bubble. He left to get more tests/evaluation. So he's out for probably the rest of the blazers season. Unless Lebron/AD continue to boycott.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Jebus314 wrote: »

Dame is no longer in the bubble. He left to get more tests/evaluation. So he's out for probably the rest of the blazers season. Unless Lebron/AD continue to boycott.

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5e61181e7598338deff5bc8f5.jpg

dray can find him now

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Jebus314 wrote: »

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5e61181e7598338deff5bc8f5.jpg

dray can find him now

DL, we just talked about this!

• Options
    maybe dame was the problem all along

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    maybe dame was the problem all along

I think the lakers are just giving us the gentlemanly exit out of respect for Dame. Keep it close until the last few minutes. Then win by 10 or so.

• Options
    78 to 78 at almost the end of the 4th? Did the Denver/Utah game skip a quarter?

• Options
    holy shit

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Giannis is fucked
    It's ok come talk to dray, he's got a great offer for you

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Rockets lakers has been close all game.

• Options
    dubs need a 5, giannis would be perfect there

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    After following the Bucks this postseason... Giannis has *zero* polish.

He doesn't have a post game or any kind of under-the-rim package, can't shoot at all from anywhere on the floor (including, damningly, FTs), can barely dribble, has precisely two moves (eurostep and spin). When he doesn't have the ball he does the Westbrook: just standing on the wing, completely ignored, rather than sitting in the post

On defense he does ONE thing: help-side blocks

I'm beginning to think he's actually overrated

Also, Coach Bud is absolutely not the coach to take any team to the finals because he doesn't make adjustments at all - this isn't hyperbole! the dude is doing the same game plan and more-or-less same minutes distribution as he would a random game in February

And what the absolute fuck were the bucks thinking that Eric Bledsoe is more important than Malcolm Brogdon

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Come on nuggets. Save us from the all LA conference finals!

Seriously though. The Nuggets are aware that you can win a series in less than 7 games right?

• Options
    Close game between the nuggets and clippers in the 3rd. Nuggets just took the lead.

• Options
    The nuggets managed to pull it off.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Shedding zero tears for Pat Bev and PG3

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man the NBA needs to fix the games harder next time

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    i still can't believe Bam's block at the end of that celtics game, straight up stole tatum's soul

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Who’s Tatum?

Is Tatum that fuzzy grey cloud on the Cs roster where you’d think an actual NBA player would be?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i cant believe tatum is 0 for 3 on gamewinners or that anyone continues to feed him for gamewinners on a team that contains kemba walker

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Yeah don’t feed the wet spot formerly known as Jason Tatum game winning opportunities

• Options
    edited September 2020
    This is looking to be a huge hit to the reputations of ... everyone remotely involved with this. Doc is shifting into the "most overrated coach ever" conversation, Paul George is a complete mockery, both of the 6th MotY guys now have huge question marks, Pat Bev is a meme, and even Kawhi - who typically escapes all criticism - is getting some rightful shit for this one. Not least of all is the fact that the Clippers have been kicked back into the basement after nearly emerging as a serious team over the last decade.

What a joyous game to watch, though. Murray was hitting some Jordan-esque shots and Jokic's statline for the night (16-19-13 with 2 steals and 3 blocks) is genuinely unbelievable.

What a fantastic playoffs this has been so far.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I will say for Montrezz that he did lose a family member while the bubble was going on and it probably had some impact.

That’s all the leeway I’m willing to spare them.

Onwards to Nuggets/Heat!

• Options
    This is looking to be a huge hit to the reputations of ... everyone remotely involved with this. Doc is shifting into the "most overrated coach ever" conversation, Paul George is a complete mockery, both of the 6th MotY guys now have huge question marks, Pat Bev is a meme, and even Kawhi - who typically escapes all criticism - is getting some rightful shit for this one. Not least of all is the fact that the Clippers have been kicked back into the basement after nearly emerging as a serious team over the last decade.

What a joyous game to watch, though. Murray was hitting some Jordan-esque shots and Jokic's statline for the night (16-19-13 with 2 steals and 3 blocks) is genuinely unbelievable.

Kawhi and george deserve the criticism. They were what, a combined 10 for 36 or something? In game 7. That's not playing when it counts or choking.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Kawhi and george deserve the criticism. They were what, a combined 10 for 36 or something? In game 7. That's not playing when it counts or choking.

George had something like 1 free throw last night and Kawhi wasn’t much better if at all. Which is shameful for the both of them.

• Options
    Rondo just horrible down the stretch imo. Been a good series though so far.

• Options
    nuggets trying to give away the game at the end there
    almost succeeded too though half of those steals by rondo were reach in fouls

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    lol anyone else catch jalen rose's "itd also be a good day to arrest the cops who murdered breonna taylor" before cutting him to commercial there
    good stuff
    edit: found a video

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone watching the nuggets/lakers? Just checked the score and it’s not looking good for my anybody but Lebron hopes.