As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Against Everyone’s Better Judgement The [Movie] Thread is Open

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So has anyone mentioned that the sequel to The Babysitter is coming out Sept 10?

https://youtu.be/8WzUYkzRgBE

I’m so excited!!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    no Samara Weaving no deal

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    That is amazing. I had no idea it was even close to coming out, and the timing on it could not be more perfect for me. I'm doing a month of streaming movie nights with friends using only sequels to movies I've enjoyed with them, and this will perfectly slot in for another that I wanted to move to October since it would fit in better closer to Halloween.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It seems really mean to do a reunion movie a quarter of a century later where you put Actual Human Alex Winter on the screen next to Ancient Vampire Keanu Reeves.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So has anyone mentioned that the sequel to The Babysitter is coming out Sept 10?

https://youtu.be/8WzUYkzRgBE

I’m so excited!!

I can't wait for The Babysitter: Deadly Queen

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Without Samara Weaving isn’t it more just the Babysitter’s Club

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Strapping into Excellent Adventure.

"Bill, there are strange things afoot at the Circle K." is my personal, "Lord, what fools these mortals be."

The low key best part of this movie is how every historical figure just joins the team immediately. They grab Genghis Khan then five minutes later he's kidnapping Abraham Lincoln without question.

Like, are Bill and Ted just that universally loveable they transcend time and language?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Man. Face the Music is pretty good as a movie on its own, but it's unreasonably fantastic as a shoehorned threequel to a late 80s/early 90s property in the year 2020. It so easily could have been a hollow nostalgic cash grab or the original writers getting in their heads and awkwardly trying to fix three decades of criticism.

But it was just really joyful and weird and funny, and the pandering was at about the right level. Real nice movie, and the girls were both awesome.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Socrates. Johnson.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I’m not Nolan, but I feel it was like a purposely done to give a sense of confusion, like you understood enough but it didn’t want you hear everything so you are constantly guessing.

this makes sense in like, Dunkirk, less so in something that's not trying to evoke the pants-shitting terror and confusion of being in a war zone

BahamutZERO.gif
    "Nah, just got a minor Oedipal complex."

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    What the fuck?

No. This sucks

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    What THE FUCK?!

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    what the fuck

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What the fuck? No. I don't accept this.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The fact that he was sick for so long is astounding and it wraps his performance in Da 5 Bloods with an absurd new level of poignance and pathos in a way I haven’t felt since Bowie’s last album

6F32U1X.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I had no idea he was even sick. What a fucking amazing human to live out to the fullest knowing he was on borrowed time.

This is a fucking gut punch.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I imagine Boseman's publicist team had to have been keeping that immensely tight-lipped, the man acted an incredible number of films in that span of time

bluh, I really hope acting through the illness didn't exacerbate it but I guess there's no way to know huh

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really don’t want this to be true.

Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I imagine Boseman's publicist team had to have been keeping that immensely tight-lipped, the man acted an incredible number of films in that span of time

bluh, I really hope acting through the illness didn't exacerbate it but I guess there's no way to know huh

I wouldn’t think like that. He did what he loved as long as he could. The rest doesn’t matter.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I really, really hope this is a hoax.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It would require also hacking Associated Press, it’s real

6F32U1X.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    i don't even know what to say

that Da 5 Bloods performance hits different and harder than before now

Just... FUCK cancer.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ...jesus christ

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    This is one of my fav videos

https://youtu.be/expKmfdoo28

RIP

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    This uh

Wtf

I can't even process this. My heart breaks for his loved ones.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    This is one of my fav videos

https://youtu.be/expKmfdoo28

RIP

Well that video took me from crying to just full out bawling.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    As is often the case, Austin Walker is able to express the feelings in my heart better than I can

IKknkhU.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    In college we went to Schlitterbahn and at the end of the day discovered that our driver had lost the keys on one of the slides. So we just had to slowly starve to death in a South Texas parking lot in June for two and a half hours waiting for the Chrysler rep to show up and sell us a new key for a hundred bucks.
    well

this is not the worst thing to happen at Schlitterbahn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrückt_(water_slide)

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    this is too much for one weekend for me

15986710081723740586318053061042.jpg

edited August 2020
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Principle photography on Black Panther didn't start until 2017, so basically all of that performance and everything after was done while he was battling cancer.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    It's really incredible that anyone could bulk up to Marvel superhero size while going through all that.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    New thread for this news

Watched Bill and Ted and yeah that's exactly what I needed right now.

Goofy, silly jokes but heartwarming.

2ohWien.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Watched Ghostbusters at a pop up drive in at the fairgrounds. It was a lot of fun, and Ghostbusters is still great. Damn is Venkman a fucking pig though. Whenever he is interacting with women its rough. Its too bad too because he is the glue that holds the guys together with so much subtle comedy.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Messed with Kast last night and got it working, then tried out Premium because they had a free trial going.

Well, they also gave me a promo code for 50% off the first payment after the free trial ends. Turns out that also applies if you go for an annual sub.

So long story short I paid $25 for a year of Kast premium.

This discussion has been closed.