As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chadwick Boseman has passed away

LarsLars Registered User regular
He had been battling colon cancer for the last four years, yet still put out numerous powerful performances.

15986710081723740586318053061042.jpg

2020 fucking sucks.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Chadwick Boseman was from my home town.

I always took a lot of pride in saying that. I still will but its gonna sting a little now.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Terrible news, such a genuine and intelligent person.

I was so shocked when reading about it earlier. The strength it must of taken to keep it hidden from the public and continue working.

Dixon on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2020

Ryan Coogler, director of Black Panther, on Chadwick Boseman

DJ Eebs on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I still can’t believe that he did all that he did while battling cancer. How much he contributed, above and beyond what was required of him

What a profound, irreplaceable loss for the art form

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm watching Black Panther again right now
    I was surprised how emotional I got as soon as I saw him, but I had to stop and take a lap and some deep breaths at the first ancestral plane scene

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    ABC is going to air Black Panther tonight without any commercials, followed by a half-hour retrospective on Boseman's life and career.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/chadwick-boseman-dead-abc-black-panther-tribute-1234753865/
    The Walt Disney Co. and Marvel Studios will pay tribute to Chadwick Boseman tonight with a special commercial-free airing of “Black Panther” on ABC, followed by a special examining the actor’s life and work.

Robin Roberts, the co-anchor of “Good Morning America,” will host the ABC News special “Chadwick Boseman — A Tribute for a King.”

The movie is set to air without interruption on ABC from 8 p.m.-10:20 p.m. The rest of the 10 p.m. hour of primetime will be filled by “Chadwick Boseman — A Tribute for a King,” produced by ABC News. ABC News said the special will “celebrate Boseman’s storied life, legacy and career, and the cultural imprint he made on- and off-screen. It will feature tributes that have poured in from celebrities, political figures and fans across the world, special words from those who starred alongside him and knew Boseman best, and shine a light on the medical condition he privately battled.”