As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] h o n k

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wave being "I dunno, energy and stuff" is mildly disappointing, even if it is lampshaded in-universe. Guess I'll see what the arts are like.
    I feel like that's kind of a thing in games. What's void energy in Destiny? I dunno, it's grape flavor. What's wave in Crosscode? It's lime flavor.

I really liked wave's arts. It's the weird bullshit element and it's got some solid weird bullshit.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    As someone who loves elemental attacks in games I was expecting the water element and some nice sound effects, but this is a very small quibble in the grand scheme of things.

I am down for weird though, especially if it's different enough from the other arts.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Crosscode is... surprisingly good. I'm at the point where I've stopped playing, because if I do any more, there won't be any more Crosscode left.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah I want to see what the dlc is like

and I really hope a crosscode 2 is in the works

like given the foundation that they have, I think they could really nail a sequel that was largely based off the same engine/assets, just refining a lot of concepts and game flow

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh no I just had the conversation in Crosscode about dungeon naming

Oh no I'm on Emile's side

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Crosscode is... surprisingly good. I'm at the point where I've stopped playing, because if I do any more, there won't be any more Crosscode left.

You could always play it again! There are NG+ options now, and one of them adds some fun dialogue changes.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Brolo wrote: »
    yeah I want to see what the dlc is like

and I really hope a crosscode 2 is in the works

like given the foundation that they have, I think they could really nail a sequel that was largely based off the same engine/assets, just refining a lot of concepts and game flow

The developers seem pretty confident in their next game not being a Crosscode sequel or Crosscode related, but one that does keep the action rpg/puzzle elements.
    Aistan wrote: »

You could always play it again! There are NG+ options now, and one of them adds some fun dialogue changes.

The new dialogue with the NG+ options are real good.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    *Sees that Wave has healing arts*

Hey, uh, is it too late to print the "I :heartbeat: Wave" t-shirts?

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Just having a normal one over at Lab Zero

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    wow the dude fired EVERYONE?

fuck that guy so hard, damn

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL8xHe_U39Y&feature=emb_title

Well this is starting to look like some of the best physics-driven animation I've ever seen in a game. Apparently this is due in large part to an update that takes into account all of the physical properties of the board including wheel size, the width and weight of trucks, board shape etc.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so I done did the dang thing

kls7fa9c52qw.png

now what

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

kls7fa9c52qw.png

now what

Now you log into my account and sort through the deliriating cruft and produce a concise and well considered checklist

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    5th... anniversary... ???

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

kls7fa9c52qw.png

now what

Now you log into my account and sort through the deliriating cruft and produce a concise and well considered checklist

I mean, it's either that or try for a Heptagoat

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I heard if you get a heptagoat a big weighted net falls on you in real life

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I heard if you get a heptagoat a big weighted net falls on you in real life

if only

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    that is a killer special edition, but $200 is a little too rich for my blood, especially since I've already played half of those and don't really have much interest in the other half

(not that the price is at all unreasonable, but hard to justify in my case)

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    reminder: giving money to ubisoft is not a good thing

Dang, shit! Fuck! That Atomicrops game is pretty fun! This feeling of enjoyment fills me with unease!

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Dang, shit! Fuck! That Atomicrops game is pretty fun! This feeling of enjoyment fills me with unease!

I have that on my wishlist glad to know it is as fun as it looks.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I got Atomicorps on the Switch a couple months ago and it's pretty fun.

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Also after releasing more then a year ago with "local multiplayer" Terraria finally has split screen co-op on the Switch. Just a couple months to late for it to matter.

steam_sig.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hopoo Games talked a bunch about the future of Risk of Rain 2: https://steamcommunity.com/games/632360/announcements/detail/5318144537297293647
    • 1 more free content update, featuring content that was cut during early access
    • Hiring new folks to expand the team
    • Paid expansions! Moving forward, 1-2 themed paid expansions per year, the size of multiple content updates
    • Modding support being looked into, something they want to provide
    • Stadia version coming soon, features a timed exclusive bonus alternate level called the "Sundered Grove" created by another studio, Ghostpunch, that helped Hopoo during Early Access

Beat the Grand Temple boss in Crosscode, that fight was fuckin' awesome.

Having a bunch of regenerating health seems crazy powerful, I was mainly eating to top myself off because I had the cooldowns to use.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Been following the development of this game for a bit, probably should actually post about it.

Dipped back into Slay The Spire and got my first Watcher victory, getting the Snecko eye as my replacement relic at the start was indeed amazing, Omniscience into Wish+ or Worship was ridiculous, I barely took damage during the boss fights.

The beta art is so good, I love how goofy it is.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Indivisible is dead, no more updates, none of the guest characters will be added

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I mean, the owner is a piece of shit and everyone quit in solidarity so

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    A lot of people did quit in solidarity but not all of them.

The rest of them got fired without severance cuz the owner is a piece of shit.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Made it to Rhombus Square in Crosscode, that was a doozy.
    I'm still surprised how quickly fights can swing back from "Nuh uh, fuck this they killed me in like 3 hits in 30 seconds" to having their moveset on download and gripping the controller while making precise manoeuvres.

I knew about the 'early access' joke already but har har nonetheless.

I assume I'm nearing the end, it's definitely been a ride.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really hope that new company that formed from labzero's ashes does well

a lot of extremely talented artists were doing extremely good work and I want nothing more than to see that continue

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cloudpunk is out on consoles now

https://youtu.be/4I75L8Z6gi0

I will say if you are thinking of picking this up, do not get the Switch version - it looks like absolute ass

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Whoopsie, wrong thread
    Caught this egregious example of Palladium's complete lack of editing or research or sanity checking last night while reading a Nightbane book.

The is a sourcebook that covers the Astral plane. It has rules for permanently spending P.P.E. (i.e Mana points) to create your own astral domain, including classes that specialize in it. After you spend P.P.E., you get creation points that you use to buy size, entry methods, defenses, a working biosphere, etc.

The size one apparently didn't get looked at.
    y27uvop5chk8.png
    9de7d4k79hxv.png

100 Cubic feet is about the interior space of a midsize SUV. Assuming an 8' ceiling, you could have a 3 foot by 4 foot room, aka a closet. There is no world in which this qualifies as a "domain".

So you spend a little to get the next size up, 300 cubic feet. A standard prison cell is about 400 cubic feet. Still very bad!

The next size up is "1000 feet" (they dropped the cubic). Assuming they meant 1000 cubic feet, you now have a 10'x10' room with nice 10 foot ceilings. This is an "average" size domain.

Spending just a bit more, you get bumped up to 1 cubic mile. Now, I guess CJ Carella figured he's been increasing by about 3x for each step, let's just round up 3000 feet to a mile. Well, a cubic mile is not 5280 cubic feet. A cubic mile is 147 billion cubic feet. Instead of a roughly 5-fold increase in space, you're getting a million-fold increase. Pretty good deal! A couple square miles of space, if you have a generous 1000 foot ceiling.

However, I can do one better. They say "The same size can be purchased more than once to make the domain bigger." On its face, this is pretty worthless, because every step is equal to or less than double the cost of the previous step. I suppose you could purchase 100 cubic miles multiple times. But a true power player will notice that 100 cubic feet costs 0 creation points. So, I can purchase 100 cubic feet, I dunno, a trillion times? The size of my domain is actually unlimited.

Edit: this was meant for the table top thread but it's still funny

captaink on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Buying a third party Switch game at this point is just asking for heartbreak