As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Well, I guess its safe to say being a Siren is actually some sort of cosmic lottery rather than a chosen one thing since Tyreen turned out to be a monster that almost destroyed the universe.

Its random but a siren can choose a succesor.

Tyreen was an accident as she was cinceived in the vault where the last Leech had sealed thwir powers.

This also implies Typhons wife was a Siren as she would have gotten the power otherwise
    I think they would've mentioned Leada being a siren at some point.
    What a waste to kill Typhon. Dude should have had his own DLC.
    I think there has to be some kind of pre-disposition towards being a Siren too. Like, Maya knew that Ava was going to be a Siren, despite her not having any inkling of Siren powers. I want to say something similar happened to Lilith when she was younger, but I don't have the comic in front of me.

So that's the long way of saying Tyreen in her conception had whatever genetic/magical quirk that allowed her to be a Siren. Or maybe Troy's leech ability is the one that absorbed Nyriad's curse and passed it to Tyreen. And then it stuck when Typhon cut them apart.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maya knew because Nyriad told her she was going to die and Ava was her chosen succesor

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Thanks to a wallpaper being put up for the next DLC, there's a good look at the one figure from the DLC's title-card I took special note of.
    mAR3NTb.jpg

I'm very curious to know who this is. Perhaps the mental image of the scientist(s) that turned Krieg into what he is now? Or are we gonna get a retcon about his origins when it comes to him being a Vault Hunter.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Maya knew because Nyriad told her she was going to die and Ava was her chosen succesor
    Whats the source for this?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options

An ECHO-Log I think found on Maya's planet where Ava heard Maya saying Nyriad's name in her sleep?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

An ECHO-Log I think found on Maya's planet where Ava heard Maya saying Nyriad's name in her sleep?

Yeah Nyriad was warning Maya through dreams about The leech. She was at the time was the only Siren exploring and evolving her powers with the books on Athenas so she was likely the one who was easiest to contact

This was something they should have said in the main story but lets not beat that drum

• Options
    So what you're saying is I should finally get around to reading those eridian slab things.

• Options
    So what you're saying is I should finally get around to reading those eridian slab things.

Well that goes into siren lore. The echo in question is more vauge but confirms Nyriad is talking to Maya in dreams

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I'm re-installing to take advantage of easy mayhem

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Oh shit. Right.

Forgot there were events going on. I need to get on that.

• Options

The cap raises in a week though

• Options
    Still no word on the new skill trees release, eh?

Figured it would have been paired with the DLC.

• Options
    My running theory is its the end reward for beating Fustercluck and getting into Vaulthalla

• Options
    My running theory is its the end reward for beating Fustercluck and getting into Vaulthalla
    Not a bad theory but personally, think it should be unlocked from the start.

New options for everyone.

• Options
    Wait, we're getting new trees?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Wait, we're getting new trees?

Data was found in the last patch no skills just the action skills themselves( except Fl4k who just has a pet shown)

Zane gets a shoulder gun for ASE. Fl4k gets a robot pet and Moze gets a mini iron bear that lets her use ASA skills

Amara gets something called Phase trance but nobody is sure what it is

• Options
    Well, she's already got a version of Maya's ability, might as well go for Lilith's.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Zane's new one interests me.

I like his gimmick of having two action skills but the two besides the drone do nothing for me.

An arm cannon though? Now we're talkin.

• Options
    Barrier is free amp shots and Clone if invested in is insane since he can proc all your kill skills

• Options
    Barrier is free amp shots and Clone if invested in is insane since he can proc all your kill skills
    I'm sure they're effective, just not really what I'm looking for myself.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm playing this for the first time now, and I'm not sure what's worse: the story, or the amount of time I have to stand still listening to it.

• Options
    I'm playing this for the first time now, and I'm not sure what's worse: the story, or the amount of time I have to stand still listening to it.

Its both.

The DLC are much better in this regard. Story pacing is faster and DLC3 always gives you a little action bite in town after the exposition

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Yeah pacing was a major issue , if the story was at least fun it wouldn’t be that much of an issue but man does it drag.

• Options
    Running through the main story and skipping most of the side-quests/challenges makes it a lot less of a drag.

Also apparently the best grenade for Moze (Cloning Maddening Tracker) is of a purple rarity, which means pretty much everywhere can spawn it. That won't make farming hard or anything, nosiree. The Hex is the slightly shittier version of that grenade, but at least that has a specific farm.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Running through the main story and skipping most of the side-quests/challenges makes it a lot less of a drag.

Also apparently the best grenade for Moze (Cloning Maddening Tracker) is of a purple rarity, which means pretty much everywhere can spawn it. That won't make farming hard or anything, nosiree. The Hex is the slightly shittier version of that grenade, but at least that has a specific farm.

Just hit up a vendor by a boss. Saves loads of time.

• Options

Just hit up a vendor by a boss. Saves loads of time.
    That and the vend on Sanctuary; I've seen Trackers there pretty frequently. Of course it's all moot at the moment because Moze hasn't left Pandora yet, but I'm hoping I'll get one sooner rather than later.

sig.gif
  • Options
    If it helps Moze barely needs guns anymore let alone grenades. Iron bear is capable of soloing bosses pretty well.
    I did an M10 Maliwan run and it was the breakout star.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Villain spoilers, but... Rip and Tear is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztpgXjx7qU&t=0s

315% Damage Buff.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Im glad its back to what it was.

It does make the argument that all the nerfs were in fact pointless more valid

• Options
    Villain spoilers, but... Rip and Tear is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztpgXjx7qU&t=0s

315% Damage Buff.

Crap, anyone know what song was used at the start of that video? I know it's DOOM but I can't place the exact name.

• Options
    BFG Division.

sig.gif
  • Options
    So I've actually been doing the whole game this (as FL4k) and yes the story does flow a lot better... but I'm also always about 2-3 levels behind where I probably should be, which makes getting crits and whatnot fairly important. So now I very much appreciate what Jakobs is doing this time around.

Also a handful of side-missions got added to my quest log anyway, somehow. Maybe it has to do with the NPCs moving to different locations.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Any good experience farming spots? I need to up my guardian rank, I really want the overkill perk and being able to slam anywhere perk (honestly that one should just be baseline).

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Dac wrote: »
    Any good experience farming spots? I need to up my guardian rank, I really want the overkill perk and being able to slam anywhere perk (honestly that one should just be baseline).

I use Moze speced for splash damage and iron bear with homing rockets. If you use the science exp buffs and farm Traunt it should be realtively fast

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've kind of gotten tired of enemies sponging up as I go higher in Mayhem so I switched to an Iron Bear focused Moze myself for now.

• Options
    Moze is ideal for farming but the way annointments work its hard to get things that arent skewed towards her and her gun annointments tend to be very bad

• Options
    Isn’t something out today?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck DLC released, yeah.

• Options
    Is it decent? Can’t fuck the story up much worse but I would enjoy if it was a good dlc for krieg. Also if they fire every writer that worked on the main story.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I downloaded it but havent tried it yet, The Outer Worlds DLC also released today and I’m playing that first.