As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Are there tools for the bug packs that alliance has and horde doesn't?

Like we would pull them and they would just barrel past/mc tanks, and sit in the ranged/healer group spamming mindflay. They died fast enough, but that just meant there wasn't time to avoid the mana burn/fear.

No that sounds about right.

I just smack most of our healers, or try to duel our ret.

He got very offended that the AI made me REND him.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

Like we would pull them and they would just barrel past/mc tanks, and sit in the ranged/healer group spamming mindflay. They died fast enough, but that just meant there wasn't time to avoid the mana burn/fear.

No that sounds about right.

I just smack most of our healers, or try to duel our ret.

He got very offended that the AI made me REND him.

Bypasses armor!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    He literally said, on discord, "did you just rend me?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hey shit gets weird in the bugzone.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

I think the first 10 trash pulls after Emps, we/I do with an Eyes of the Beast pet pull and bring 'em all the way back into the Emps room. If everyone's out of LoS until they come through the doorway, things are marginally less chaotic

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

I think the first 10 trash pulls after Emps, we/I do with an Eyes of the Beast pet pull and bring 'em all the way back into the Emps room. If everyone's out of LoS until they come through the doorway, things are marginally less chaotic

Yeah, that's what we were doing as well.
    It helped to have our tanks positioned to the left of the door, with ranged/healers out of Los on/below the stairs.

I think we'll have a much better time this week now that we know more to expect.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Iirc, this is what we did back in Vanilla.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    One of our tanks had messaged me this meme overnight, so it was the first thing I saw when I woke up. Having had to do this exact thing to figure out what the fuck had been pulling bugs on Emps, this one hit pretty hard lol.

ydfdcfn2a5pl.png

• Options
    Yeah we struggled with that our first like 8 times doing twin emps.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Swarms of bugs following the melee around

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I eventually told our warriors to ww their hearts out
    We were having too many healers with bugs on them somehow

• Options
    Trying to figure it out was so frustrating. We learned pretty much straight away, put the Thunderfury away. But then it was like, stop Whirlwinding, stop Demo Shouting, don't dump Rage with Cleave, don't Multishot, FOR GOD'S SAKE GUYS WHO THE FUCK DROPPED A SEARING TOTEM?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    milk ducks wrote: »
    We learned pretty much straight away, put the Thunderfury away.

@Rius right now:

tenor.gif

bowen on
  • Options
    Kek

I want to start threading some of that stuff back in for today's attempt; thanks for reminding me

• Options
    Also you should not use TF it's a strict loss on that fight, as the boss is immune to the debuff and you don't get the benefits. Better to use a higher end weapon straight up.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Kek

I want to start threading some of that stuff back in for today's attempt; thanks for reminding me

Krie was doing real well pulling little bugs off apostate so I think we could ramp that up without much fanfare.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Kek

Krie was doing real well pulling little bugs off apostate so I think we could ramp that up without much fanfare.

Was less fun on the other side. :P

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Bit of a rough night on Twin Emps tonight, but we got 'em down eventually after some tweaks. And 90 seconds faster than last week, too; turns out having 3 warlocks for more curses is a big deal.

• Options
    It also allows you to give one of your Warlock Tanks (and your physical Tank) an Imp buff, since the Warlock Tanks would typically be using Felhunter for the extra 60 SR.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Speaking of twin emps.. I do wonder if we need 2 bug tanks or if hakdu could solo tank it. Though there were some parts I didn't heal the bug tanks because I was trying to catch the healers back up to full or if the warlock tanks were in rough water because of a blizzard... which was dicey on jasc.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    <Disregard. Read your post wrong.>

milk ducks on
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Speaking of twin emps.. I do wonder if we need 2 bug tanks or if hakdu could solo tank it. Though there were some parts I didn't heal the bug tanks because I was trying to catch the healers back up to full or if the warlock tanks were in rough water because of a blizzard... which was dicey on jasc.

The damage is fine until it's suddenly not due to the way they work, and it's just another one of those RNG mitigations you gotta make. Don't want to have a healer/dps die to one because it spawned just at the wrong time and is across the room with one/two already with ya. Also we both help dps them down.

Once we got to 20% that's when I told Jasc to go in and dps cause the executes will help and the chance that it fucks us in the last 10% of the fight is low.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    and then i popped reck and death wish forgetting I dont have salv on and got turbodicked instantly

even with absolute full mitigation gear on which is only 2% hit lel

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    and then i popped reck and death wish forgetting I dont have salv on and got turbodicked instantly

even with absolute full mitigation gear on which is only 2% hit lel

that was pretty impressive, not gonna lie

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Twin Emps is a very bad encounter because it has times where you can't stab things and also things you're not supposed to stab. Too much thinking and too much downtime, not nearly enough stabbing, 0/10 fix your shit Blizzard.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

Welcome to the Horde, my friend.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »

Welcome to the Horde, my friend.

Think he's already there, he wants the 2H axe as well. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Ew, gross. I wouldn't, even with +5 2h Axes as an Orc. That Dark Edge of Insanity is super tempting, though.

• Options
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Ran AQ40 for the first time ever today. Super fun instance!

We wiped once on Sekeram ("No, okay, seriously rogues, ALL of you have ONE job and that is kicking the goddamn AE") and then it was smooth sailing of one-shots up till Emps, including Huhu barely!

Twin Emps were definitely the most "oh god I have no idea what I'm doing just follow orders" I've ever been before, but even that turned out well after a good 3 attempts to get the hang of it!

unknown.png

Guild hosting the run had a hard stop time so we didn't get down Ouro or Cthun, but I got some valuable experience and I'm looking forward to next week, this is some of the most fun I've had raiding yet.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    "At 30% renew your faith in God and don't stop healing" looooool

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    also this is my favorite spam ever and I can't stop laughing about it
    unknown.png

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I mean yeah, you need a beefy soldier to deal with the bullies in the scary school.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Looks like that guy needs a good dungeon finding guild.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    No he needs a beefy soldier guild

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If I knew how to record
    I built my warlock like I did back in classic Affliction with shadowburn
    So in WSG I just play D in the flagroom like I used to. Druid runs in grabs the flag and before the speed buff dies
    Warrior fares less in the try after. It's fun to fire off 3 or 4 dots and then hit shadowburn
    Sure they have BWL or better gear but none of the skill

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

fuck I felt that through my bubble hearth

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Read an article earlier with a tweet reporting that Naxx would be released in December, with BC beta beginning in March / April. Sooner than expected, but might not be accurate. Still, that isn't too far off from the projections we'd made, so maybe.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    I'd be okay with that timeline

I'd just like a definitive answer that TBC is 100% going to happen.

This discussion has been closed.