As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Please, please let that lead to Universal Monster sets.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Please, please let that lead to Universal Monster sets.

This being 2020, they’ll be based off the “Dark Universe” or whatever the hell Universal was calling it.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    If it brings back the Monster Fighter line, even in spirit, I'm all for it.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The main goal in going broke buying lego, is to get enough sets before you are homeless that you can build at least 1 room out of bricks to live in.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    I've never cared about Brickheadz before but they are doing Universal Monster and I'm all in. Only Frankenstein has been confirmed so far.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-brickheadz-universal-monsters-frankenstein-40422-first-look/

Whelp. The second they have either Dracula or Bride of Frankenstein, I have to buy them for my wife.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The main goal in going broke buying lego, is to get enough sets before you are homeless that you can build at least 1 room out of bricks to live in.

After enough modulars have been released, Lego is going to release a set that builds a room to display them in.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    And my Razor Crest has shipped!

oh h*ck
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I don't know if it's been mentioned here but I saw Lego birthday cards (with a small kit inside) at Publix this weekend. They were really cool!

There was a pelican, a Friends flower pot, a red Ninjago dragon + rider, and a Classic race car.

All I can find is a blog post about them

https://savingtowardabetterlife.com/2020/08/publix-hallmark-kids-birthday-cards-with-lego-sets-inside-for-4-2/

Einzel on
    edited September 2020
    The Razor Crest is en route for my son and I, but the timing is not great. I have a bunch of smaller sets and figures that he's dying to earn by doing well with online schooling and doing extra chores around the house. The Razor Crest might have to hide in the closet until the next season of The Mandalorian debuts.

Looking forward to it, the wait is going to hurt a little bit.

Ketar on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    The Razor Crest is en route for my son and I, but the timing is not great. I have a bunch of smaller sets and figures that he's dying to earn by doing well with online schooling and doing extra chores around the house. The Razor Crest might have to hide in the closet until the next season of The Mandalorian debuts.

Looking forward to it, the wait is going to hurt a little bit.

Solution: Buy some other smaller kits to build in the meantime. It is only 2 months till the next season.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am building the Razor Crest. Yes, yes, baby yoda is adorable but they also gave us a new, dual molded, scout trooper helmet and it is the best one yet.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fuck.

LEGO-Star-Wars-75290-Mos-Eisley-Cantina-1024x532.jpg

I showed this to my dad, who wrote the EU short story for Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan, and he said he will get this set immediately, price is no obstacle.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I will absolutely be getting that set. I can resist the giant UCS ships, but not Mos Eisley.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    The Treehouse continues to be an awesome build.
    I love lego bathrroms.

I'm thinking I might buy the lighting kit for this one and use it as a table lamp.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Are there shops that make reproductions of old lego bits that have been out of print for ages?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Fuck.

I showed this to my dad, who wrote the EU short story for Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan, and he said he will get this set immediately, price is no obstacle.

Wait, you have a connection to the Star Wars Universe and you lead with the Lego kit? That is just too cool! Even cooler that your Dad will have that connection to the kit.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Fuck.

Wait, you have a connection to the Star Wars Universe and you lead with the Lego kit? That is just too cool! Even cooler that your Dad will have that connection to the kit.

The trickier part is going to be Moccing the rest of Tatooine around it

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular

The one from Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fuck.

Do they even make sand-colored baseplates any more?

• tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fuck.

Do they even make sand-colored baseplates any more?

They don’t it seems, but baseplates are one area where you don’t really need LEGO quality. And LEGO baseplates are ridiculously expensive anyway!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I deliberately don't do Star Wars Lego because of how much of it there is, but that Mos Eisley set is probably the best single Star Wars set I've ever seen. It's gorgeous.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I just got an e-mail about order I placed and I managed to sneak in before being out of stock to be delivered in time for my Son's birthday that they are now out of stock and are going to be shipping when available.

Boo!

Good thing I had bough an extra contingency gift in case this happened.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I deliberately don't do Star Wars Lego because of how much of it there is, but that Mos Eisley set is probably the best single Star Wars set I've ever seen. It's gorgeous.

I only do ships and vehicles and thank God for it otherwise I'd need a separate Lego room.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

I only do ships and vehicles and thank God for it otherwise I'd need a separate Lego room.

Yeah I try to stick to the vehicles but this one is really tempting me.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think it would make a great art piece. Kind of a shame that Bea Arthur's character from the holiday special isn't there, but that is one hell of a deep cut.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

It has vehicles!

If the opened up view was a little more interesting, I might see if I could find a place to display it (thus, meeting my requirement to pick it up). At lest, that's how I'm convincing myself to not blow money on this set.

Maybe I could petition LEGO to do a $10 "Figran D'an and the Modal Nodes concert" set so the Bith figures at least can be cheaper....

Tomanta wrote: »

It has vehicles!

If the opened up view was a little more interesting, I might see if I could find a place to display it (thus, meeting my requirement to pick it up). At lest, that's how I'm convincing myself to not blow money on this set.

Maybe I could petition LEGO to do a $10 "Figran D'an and the Modal Nodes concert" set so the Bith figures at least can be cheaper....

Hahahaha, very true! I also have broken my rule in the past with the Carbon Freezing Chamber set soooo... I can just say that this is just too big and I have little to no room as it is for the UCS Falcon in my collection.

oosik_betsuni.png
    But with the Cantina and the Falcon, you just need to MOC Docking Bay 94...

One of my favorite builds that I've ever seen was at LEGOLAND Discovery Center in the Chicago burbs. It was so damn cool.

5suab575bia1.jpg

b8ym2ljo6czr.jpg

There are a few smaller detail shots if you scroll down at this link: https://www.banthaskull.com/story/news_legoland_discovery_center_chicago_star_wars_days

Ha! I’ve got almost the exact same photo.

jw0jdquqvr67.jpeg

Need a bigger house. My wife wouldn't mind that, but the paycheck might.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Haha. Showed my dad the official pictures and he just handed me his card.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE1NsopAaVS

Honestly I think the box is cooler than the shoe, but I feel like there's probably some Sneakerhead who will buy these at $1500 or whatever the resale value will be

Brolo on
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE1NsopAaVS

Honestly I think the box is cooler than the shoe, but I feel like there's probably some Sneakerhead who will buy these at $1500 or whatever the resale value will be

the box will sell for more than the shoe. if the shoe gets a limited release then I can guarantee it won't come in that box.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I EFFIN HATE BLIND BAGS!

I see the first of them in Target in, like a month or more. I pick up 4 of them.

EVERY ONE OF THEM was one I already had.

To make matters worse, they were doubles! 2 bullet bills, 2 of the winged fish thingy.

I just... ugh.

I know, I can mass them and make troops/displays. But when you are going for a blooper, or the alt face goomba, or a fuzzy, or a spiny... it's annoying.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    The Treehouse continues to be an awesome build.
    I love lego bathrroms.

I'm thinking I might buy the lighting kit for this one and use it as a table lamp.

I told myself I didn't need the Treehouse, dammit.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I EFFIN HATE BLIND BAGS!

I see the first of them in Target in, like a month or more. I pick up 4 of them.

EVERY ONE OF THEM was one I already had.

To make matters worse, they were doubles! 2 bullet bills, 2 of the winged fish thingy.

I just... ugh.

I know, I can mass them and make troops/displays. But when you are going for a blooper, or the alt face goomba, or a fuzzy, or a spiny... it's annoying.

Gambling is bad, mkay.

Blind bag figs are usually like 1$ more if not the same price as a blind bag on eBay lately

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Yeah I’ve grabbed a bunch of random Mario blind bags for my son, because I figure this is the one series where duplicates aren’t a bad thing. But I also bricklinked two of the One he really wanted.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    If anyone wants a Lego version of Yoda's lightsabre, it'll be a gift with purchase at some point in the near future.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-yodas-lightsaber-5006290-confirmed-gwp-coming-soon/

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.