As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Auto Chess] Drodo's Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics!

1181920212224»

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Dota Underlords got a huge update.

Creep rounds are out completely. Item rounds still happen at regular intervals but they are against human opponents.

You can field 3 duders at level 1-3 and start with 5 gold in the first round. Round 1 is an item round. Then 5, 15, 20 etc.

No item at round 10 because thats when you pick your Underlord now. Each Underlord has two builds available and you dont really level them up anymore. Which build you have available to you is random but you can select from all 3 characters. I think Hype is gone too with Underlord abilities just having cooldowns and being repeatable.

Jull is in. Hes a Tanky motherfucker that drinks and fights. Hes awesome.

Just finished 3rd at round 30 so games are much quicker. It was also one of the closest games Ive played with me having the upper hand against one player but the other guy having an upper hand against me. It could have been anybody's game, which made it way more exciting.

Bedlam on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ayyy no more Jail. Cool I thought that was doing more harm than good. I'll have to jump back into this.

4th Underlord Enno is out.

He throws poison darts, jumps around the board on a zip-line, and steals items from your opponents (but gives them back when the round ends)

He speaks in squeaks like a fucking pokeman.

Release date is Feburary 25th Then Underlords will out of Early Access and into Season 1.

edited February 2020
    Season One is Here!

Scrappy and Inventor synergies are out.
    Void, Vigilant, and Summoner are in.
    Item rounds are every 4 rounds now.
    Items can be re-rolled once for free.
    HATS ARE HERE (GOTY!)
    Ace bonuses are gone.

Battle Pass is $5 and only has cosmetics. No clue on how long the season will last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9MqIzmWG24

Bedlam on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm so ready for the new season of TFT. In the end, I just didn't like the synergies and playstyle of the elemental season very much.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    rise of the elements was pretty fun for a while but i'm happy to get things changed out

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Im very happy that Riot’s going to go back to using splash arts in the store. Those model-only images looked cheap as hell.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Underlords is very solid right now imo. Elements felt super binary and unreadable.
    Progression is great too, as it's a mix of ai puzzles etc and pvp cheevos

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I'm so ready for the new season of TFT. In the end, I just didn't like the synergies and playstyle of the elemental season very much.

I enjoyed set 2 up until the last few weeks. For most of the set I was able to find slightly off-meta comps that were fun to play and reasonably successful. But once the meta finally stabilized in the last patch or two I felt shoehorned into the same 2-3 comps every game and it got dull.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Underlords is very solid right now imo. Elements felt super binary and unreadable.

there was a bug that didn't sync white tower progress between pc and mobile but that got fixed today
    other than that, there's a whole bunch of game modes to pick from and its been good so far. I wonder how they will continue to support this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »

I enjoyed set 2 up until the last few weeks. For most of the set I was able to find slightly off-meta comps that were fun to play and reasonably successful. But once the meta finally stabilized in the last patch or two I felt shoehorned into the same 2-3 comps every game and it got dull.

I don't play very often, but I've had a pretty good time this season. I agree that I end up going 1 or 2 comps almost every time, but I chalked that up to me just being comfortable with those paths.

Also Drodo's Auto Chess is called Auto Chess: Origin.

schuss wrote: »
    Yeah City Crawl is pretty chill.

Street Fights are basically a 2 out of 3 knockouts bout.

Puzzle bouts are non randomized and have a leader board with your friends list.

And the Reward flags can be achieved in any of the Play modes. You can even do them against bots if you want.

(p.s. Friend me if you play Underlords )

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So I've been watching some streamers play set 3 for TFT. And while the aesthetics look really great.

Is it just me or does it look like this is a bit too much of set 1 in here. Like I know there are a couple of new champs. But with a game that had shloads and shloads of characters, I kind of expected to see a few less rehashes. And some of the synergies look like they're just the same set 1 synergies renamed.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    y'all I like TFT too much this is a problem

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It's a fun game! I've been climbing a bunch this patch with vanguard/mystics -- I started at diamond 4 and I'm up to diamond 1. Gonna keep riding this wave as long as the units and items just keep falling into my lap.

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    anyone on Riot's NA PBE for early TFT stuff? gigawatt416 if any one wants to add a friend. *it's super quiet*

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    Im still playing Underlords.

Season 2 was delayed due to Covid, and I guess Valve borrowed some of the team to work on other projects. But Theyve slowly been rolling out updates like weekly tasks and a big meta shift when they added 3 star powers to all the units tier 1-3.

8 new heroes were just added and some new synergies. So the game feels fresh again.

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Bouncing items off of carousel players automatically in TFT seems like the right move. Most of the time, you were taking the carousel for the item anyway, now it's more of a choice. It also lets them do things like put items on chests and who knows what else.

I would download a car.
    Finally made it to platinum, but I'll always be cardboard at heart. I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about any of these. Did the auto-battler genre just completely die?

I would download a car.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Just one of those classic situations where the PA community just isn't interested in them, even though they're popular.

liEt3nH.png
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Or nothing to say about it: TFT is one of my most common games right now (probably the most time-intensive actually), but it's not a game I spend much time discussing.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    I read stuff from /r/competitivetft, but I don't have a reddit account. Not really anyone to talk to about strategies.

I would download a car.
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    soju is still regularly raking in like 15k viewers on twitch, plus other prominent and less annoying players stream if it went to pick up on what the meta is like

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg