As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    @Betsuni I might take you up on that. I'll PM you about it before next Monday.

Ack, well @Darkewolfe pinged me earlier so I'm seeing if he wants to pay for the shipping since it is large and heavy. Then Hydro asked about it, but not sure if this is the set he's looking for. Then you.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    @Betsuni I might take you up on that. I'll PM you about it before next Monday.

Ack, well @Darkewolfe pinged me earlier so I'm seeing if he wants to pay for the shipping since it is large and heavy. Then Hydro asked about it, but not sure if this is the set he's looking for. Then you.

@Betsuni Nah, that's cool. I wasn't sure if I wanted it, but I wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't move forward with giving it away while I was still trying to decide. If other people here are interested then they should get priority.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Speedy, like an Ice Ferret.

What is this I don't even.
    Betsuni I might take you up on that. I'll PM you about it before next Monday.

Ack, well Darkewolfe pinged me earlier so I'm seeing if he wants to pay for the shipping since it is large and heavy. Then Hydro asked about it, but not sure if this is the set he's looking for. Then you.

Betsuni Nah, that's cool. I wasn't sure if I wanted it, but I wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't move forward with giving it away while I was still trying to decide. If other people here are interested then they should get priority.

If I figure out I don't want my primary set I'll see if you want it. I bought it during the fire sale and a few extras just to have but it still sits there waiting for me to do something with it. So my wife would be happy if I decide to send it as well. Less clutter in our house and all that.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Speedy, like an Ice Ferret.

Like the dog in your photo. Sneaky. Or an ECM Arctic Cheetah.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, I should probably OFFLOAD some other games or minis to adjust for this inclusion. Heh.

What is this I don't even.
    Betsuni I might take you up on that. I'll PM you about it before next Monday.

Ack, well Darkewolfe pinged me earlier so I'm seeing if he wants to pay for the shipping since it is large and heavy. Then Hydro asked about it, but not sure if this is the set he's looking for. Then you.

Betsuni Nah, that's cool. I wasn't sure if I wanted it, but I wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't move forward with giving it away while I was still trying to decide. If other people here are interested then they should get priority.

Ok, if you want the Palladium Robotech RPG Tactics Box Set it is yours. I bolded that part since apparently everybody thought I was giving away the Battletech Starter set. I have two sets of the Robotech set that Nips bought the not Warhammer sprue from.

This set has the following:
    112 page, full color, softcover rule book. Includes an index and a comprehensive color guide for all Macross mecha in the series.
    24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
    53 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
    4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
    1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
    4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
    12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
    1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
    1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
    1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.

Which means for Battletech, it has Stingers (in LAM, Aerospace and mech modes), Wasp in all three modes, really can't remember what the pods were (Ostscout?), Warhammers, Riflemen, Marauder, and not sure what the equivalent for the remaining units are.

Let me know if you're still interested after this @H3Knuckles . I have a feeling you also were thinking I had an extra of the BT boxes though.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I actually was aware you meant the Robotech thing. Like I said before, I need a day or two to mull it over.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I actually was aware you meant the Robotech thing. Like I said before, I need a day or two to mull it over.

Cool! I can add to that mulling if you give me your ZIP and can give you an estimate on cost to ship it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    we're getting close boys!

Say what you will about Catalyst, but these minis look goooood

cpRbVAB.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuck, those are so good!

I'm unreasonably excited for those Elementals as well. ❤

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    time to fire up the 3d printing presses again and make a push to get the rest of the buildings printed out

kx3klFE.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    time to fire up the 3d printing presses again and make a push to get the rest of the buildings printed out

Also your lance of Urbie LAMs?

see317 wrote: »

Sadly, the technology for LAMs has been lost to time and space. But mostly space. We fired the engineer... out of an airlock.

kx3klFE.png
    edited September 2020

Sadly, the technology for LAMs has been lost to time and space. But mostly space. We fired the engineer... out of an airlock.

Hey, I'm still here after you pushed me out of that airlock.

Edit: Plus I believe it was YOU who bet I couldn't turn my Urbanmech into a LAM.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

He's moving onto bigger things, definitely got a bright future ahead of him, career is going to be really heating up soon.
    Because we dumped his ass into a star.

Edit: Plus I believe it was YOU who bet I couldn't turn my Urbanmech into a LAM.

Its almost like we can still hear him. like a small voice on the hum of the hangar bay equipment.

kx3klFE.png

Its almost like we can still hear him. like a small voice on the hum of the hangar bay equipment.

I'm going to print that Urbanmech LAM just to spite @HydroSqueegee now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Feel free to slide that STL my way, Bets.

Our air force must grow!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Speaking of STLs, finally got to print my own (not-)Prairie Schooner Land Train!

...I hope they have road rescue insurance.
    Y36Lxke.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Nips wrote: »
    Feel free to slide that STL my way, Bets.

Our air force must grow!

Sent.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2020
    so i FINALLY have a workspace again after a summer of remodeling. I've been very pleased with the stls from steelwarriorstudios. (very easy to modify for even more variety)

my lance of scorpions has vanished somewhere in the shuffle...

1V6pWAM.jpg

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Closer and closer...

BBiKDXF.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Sure would be cool if customer support would get back to me about my credit so I could order more needless patches because they look cool as hell

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »
    Sure would be cool if customer support would get back to me about my credit so I could order more needless patches because they look cool as hell

Good thing I'm trading all those useless patches and pins for some decent battlemechs

kx3klFE.png
    The city grows! Finally ran out of white PLA and swapped over to my grey roll. The detail is a lot easier to pick out, but i swear it doesn't print out as nicely in the grey as it did with the white. Or the errors are just easier to see.

7MTPAX4.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I think the grey looks better, at least until you paint it.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I'd hazard the grey is
    "I can see more detail."
    Then also
    "Oops. Eww. I can see more defects."

Straight white models (including white-primed ones) tend to hide details and defects because of how our eyes perceive it. It's why I really prefer priming models in black, or immediately going from white primer to basecoat color.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    New Tex Talks tonight: the Mackie

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    New Tex Talks tonight: the Mackie

An entertaining story about the canon superiority of mechs being predicated on the accepted "rules" of warfare and the Mackie, being the amalgamation of tech from runaway R&D budgets. becoming the new hotness that everyone wanted to copy.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    there is a distinct lack of warehouses that are able to be printed out. so due to my limitations in 3d modeling know how, i hacked up some stl files and mangled them together to create this!

gc2Qd5Y.png

Level 1, 7"x4" roughly. we'll see how it comes out in 15 hours when its done printing. If it looks good, i'll print out his level 2 big brother.

kx3klFE.png
    there is a distinct lack of warehouses that are able to be printed out. so due to my limitations in 3d modeling know how, i hacked up some stl files and mangled them together to create this!

gc2Qd5Y.png

Level 1, 7"x4" roughly. we'll see how it comes out in 15 hours when its done printing. If it looks good, i'll print out his level 2 big brother.

Then you need to label it Amazon Distribution Center.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Well shit... Let's not get too excited gentlemen. Printing was a resounding failure. And after going back and digging into the model I'll have to rebuild it from the ground up. There were some critical flaws I can't fix correctly.

kx3klFE.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

gc2Qd5Y.png

I feel like "Discount Dan's Discount Emporium & Warehouse" may be a better choice.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Axen wrote: »

gc2Qd5Y.png

I feel like "Discount Dan's Discount Emporium & Warehouse" may be a better choice.

But they were bought out by Amazon in 3012.

oosik_betsuni.png

gc2Qd5Y.png

Shit like this is exactly why I went Laser CNC machine over 3D printer first.

A building like that would take a couple hours to model along with all the greebles, and minutes to produce the parts.

yrBG5MEh.jpg
    pEGsfzqh.jpg

Some of the smaller buildings are resin prefabs I bought, the middle size buildings are Electrical boxes+greebling, but the big HPG is all me

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    mmmm look at that sexy Dragon

3basnids3lf9.jpg

and lucky me with some blue electrical boxes just sitting around with my grey primer...

kx3klFE.png
    well the new and improved warehouse came out ok. But i need some input from the 3d printing people here. what may be the problem with how the quality of my prints are coming out? This one actually had some adhesion problems on the corners with the build plate as the print went along. One corner doesnt sit flush with the surface and has some very noticeable lift and 2 others are similar, but not as bad.

1IeVeeP.jpg

kx3klFE.png
    From my limited printing experience I do have to ask if you are printing using a raft? The temp or speed just too high/fast? Could also be your filament you are using. I just switched to a more expensive one and man does it make a big difference printing, but now I have to experiment with temps and speeds to keep the corners from rolling up.

oosik_betsuni.png