As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Bishop is back for the Stars and Hutchinson in for the Avs. Hunter Miska as back up. Oof.

*insert Homer disappearing into bushes gif here*

Jayricho on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I've been watching Tampa/Boston. Checked the score of Colorado/Dallas real quick. Uh what is going on in that game. What is you doing Dallas?

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Who is playing Dallas? Because it isn't the Avs of this series.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Goodbye Boston!!!!!!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I woke up this morning and checked the score and went “holy shit!”. Avs goals aside, it’s amazing what a save % above .900 can do for you.

• Options
    Watching the highlights from that game was kinda rough. I have a lot of love for Bishop from his time on the Lightning so seeing him back on the ice just to get chased out like that isn't great.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah like I appreciate him being out there for Colorado's sake but uh he had no business out there. Khubodin was pretty hot I was pretty confused why he didn't start.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    I woke up this morning and checked the score and went “holy shit!”. Avs goals aside, it’s amazing what a save % above .900 can do for you.

Hutchinson didn't look great at all so I'm tugging my collar for tomorrow. He was sliding waaaay out of position to make stops.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    This is the best fake tweet victory lap I've ever seen.

Eat your heart out, AdarnSchefter

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Hutchinson didn't look great at all so I'm tugging my collar for tomorrow. He was sliding waaaay out of position to make stops.
    Unfortunately with Grubauer apparently leaving the bubble and Francouz being deemed “unfit to play”, whether it’s physically or mentally, it’s probably not going to matter in the long run. Even if Hutchinson can get them past Dallas, I can’t see them surviving Vegas.

At this point I’m just happy they put up a fight while dealing with all the injuries at the worst possible time.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    stunning twist: that fake tweet appears to have been...correct?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    shalmelo wrote: »
    stunning twist: that fake tweet appears to have been...correct?

And, not only that, Demko must have been on fire tonight. 43 saves!

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    0/4 on the power play so far. That won’t come back to haunt them. No sir.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, did Dallas decide to just come out swinging?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MacKinnon must have gotten completely wrecked for his birthday. That's the only explanation for how....not MacKinnon he's been.

Also, 0/5. Jesus.

Also, also....

Jayricho on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MacKinnon must have gotten completely wrecked for his birthday. That's the only explanation for how....not MacKinnon he's been.

Also, 0/5. Jesus.

Also, also....

This match sounds like a shitshow

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    It’s been something, alright. But god damn, going to game 7. Un-fucking-real. Win it for Gru! And Calvert! And Donskoi! And Francouz! And EJ! And Timmins! And Landy! And whoever inevitably goes out next game too!

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Awful challenge by AV on the tying goal, which he lost. Then because of the penalty for the lost challenge, the flyers give up the lead.

Ouch.

• Options
    Holy shit Demko.

• Options
    I love that this is their locker room song. :biggrin:

• Options
    So all 4 series went 3-1, and 3 of them are now tied up. That’s kind of crazy.

And apparently Stars/Avs is at 4 (ET) today. That’s some real Curse of the Monkey’s Paw shit. Haven’t been able to watch the late ones and I’ll be busy and won’t be able to watch that early.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just wanted to pop in and say that I can't believe the Flyers are still alive, all three wins after OT. Hope they can make the comeback happen!

• Options
    Last night is one of those games that would infuriate me if I was an Islanders fan.

Isles outshot the Flyers 53-31 and still lost in 2OT.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the Flyers, but I want them to win because I hate defensive hockey, find it boring, and don't want the Islanders to be rewarded for it

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the Flyers, but I want them to win because I hate defensive hockey, find it boring, and don't want the Islanders to be rewarded for it

"But the Devils and the Neutral Zone Trap were so good in the Nineties!"

Mugsley on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Last night is one of those games that would infuriate me if I was an Islanders fan.

Isles outshot the Flyers 53-31 and still lost in 2OT.

Basically the entire vegas/vancouver series has been that, too.

• Options
    Game 7 OT. Cool. Cool. Ugh.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Holy shit what an ending.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Oof!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Well now that that’s over, can Bednar, Sakic, Kroenke, fucking ANYONE fire Ray Bennett into the fucking sun? Special teams have been garbage for far too long.

Can’t wait to see the Stars get steamrolled by Vegas or the Canucks. They barely survived an injury riddled Avs team.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Well now that that’s over, can Bednar, Sakic, Kroenke, fucking ANYONE fire Ray Bennett into the fucking sun? Special teams have been garbage for far too long.

Can’t wait to see the Stars get steamrolled by Vegas or the Canucks. They barely survived an injury riddled Avs team.

Well, Dallas also beat the Avs every game of the regular season when they weren't injury riddled. I am very interested to see what the WCF ends up being.

• Options
    They did. They also got wrecked in their round robin game, which is about the only time all season the Avs were completely healthy (minus Colin Wilson who’s apparently vanished off the face of the earth).

• Options
    If Vancouver wins, we have two teams owned by guys from Vancouver (one of which sued the other) in the WCF.

• Options
    Yeah power play was atrocious. Goalie in the off-season, maybe a scoring winger to even out the 2nd/1st line (I think Landeskog should be on the second line with Kadri) and we're back in it. Newhook should be ready with Byram in two seasons and Anunnen is waiting to get in goal in like 3 seasons.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wouldn’t mind another defenseman in the meantime and getting rid of Iian “The Extra I is for Icing” Cole as well. Timmins was doing well, but depending on his injury I’m not sure he’s an option anymore. If it’s another concussion I think he might be done.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Yeah I'm giving up on Timmins and maaaaybe Zadorov. I'm weirdly okay with Cole as long as he's playing 3rd line minutes as a shut down grinder guy.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Holy goose feces this game is stressful... and I’ve been a Canucks fan since the late 1980s...

• Options
    Turned on the game and am I seeing this right? Vancouver has 7 shots in the whole game?

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    What’s the point of having a hot goalie if he isn’t going got steal you the series as the underdog? Also, I don’t want any of the remaining teams to win the Cup

• Options
    Eh guess I'll root for Vegas. I still like Stastny.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
This discussion has been closed.