As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox One Pad Calibration Issues

Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
Having just bought a brand new Xbox One controller, I was disappointed to find that - while it doesn't seem to display any drifting issues - the right thumbstick is not quite correctly centred at rest.

ov7qtfnivzgr.png

gltj39tza53y.png

Is this something to be worried about or is this a common issue with game pads in general? While I'm tempted to return the pad, they're in such short supply that I'm not sure I could get a replacement issued very quickly.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This might sound crazy, but gently pull the stick forward, away from the controller, and then back down.

Where did you buy it? I always go to bat for Best Buy's replacement program, it's pretty cheap for controllers and they'll usually ship you a new one in a few days if they don't have them on hand.

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I'm based in the UK, so I bought the pad from Shopto.net.

I could look up their replacement policy but I'm not sure if this is issue is actually within QA tolerances. Again, I haven't noticed any drift yet.

Red or Alive on