As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Your connection to this site is not fully secure"

ElaroElaro ApologeticRegistered User regular
There's a little warning triangle next to the address when I visit forums.penny-arcade.com

"Attackers might be able to see the images you're looking at on this site and trick you by modifying them."

I'm running Opera version 68.0.3618.104.

I wanted you to know, because knowing is half the battle.

Children's rights are human rights.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    ...huh

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Getting the same thing on Firefox 76.0.1.

b8btflhzjxq4.png

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Probably don't need a third confirmation, but same for Google Chrome (Version 83.0.4103.61 , but it just updated, and showed up before that, too.)

ruasj2uybmt7.png

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2020
    I guess browsers started nagging about mixed content, so nothing we can really do about that short of banning non-HTTPS image links.

Echo on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There's some stuff in our theme that could be causing this, working on it.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    yqlxyefh30vf.png

This is what clicking through all of that got me, as far as further information. Apparently it's not encrypting everything before sending it on over.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    For what it's worth I think this isn't a new problem, I'm almost certain this warning has been happening for years and years on the forums.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth I think this isn't a new problem, I'm almost certain this warning has been happening for years and years on the forums.

Wasn't a lot of that because of stuff like the alabaster slim sig banners?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Wasn't a lot of that because of stuff like the alabaster slim sig banners?

I think that was a warning being thrown by some web-safety software that's included in some antivirus software about a specific domain that got onto their blacklists, this is a different issue where the actual internet browsers saying "hey this is a HTTPS page, but the page also contains parts that are being served over non-encrypted connections, watch out for being tricked"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Chrome is telling me the forums are not secure. I don't remember seeing this in the past. Its possible its always been this way and I've just never noticed. But in the off-chance its a new thing, I figured you'd want to know.
    p8ixgsj4ktrw.jpg

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Chrome is telling me the forums are not secure. I don't remember seeing this in the past. Its possible its always been this way and I've just never noticed. But in the off-chance its a new thing, I figured you'd want to know.
    p8ixgsj4ktrw.jpg

I'm pretty sure it always was that way?

Doesn't it just mean that the site is loading elements (likely from people's sigs or linked images, videos, etc) that are hosted on other sites that don't use https? Edit: Okay, yeah. Looking further up the thread, that seems to be all it is.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png