As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I put on my robe and wizard [CHAT]

• The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I would like to point out that I also won an iPod nano for being the best dressed and doing the robot in front of 400 people.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pious wrote:
    Anybody watch abc news about that chick that was orderd a strip search and then have to perform oral sex on the manager? That was the sickest thing I heard so far. She was an idiot and they all were idiots in that thing.

I swear to God that story is, like, three years old. I remember hearing about it ages ago. Unless it happened again, in which case, Jesus Christ, people, watch the news.

Sheri on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I would like to point out that I also won an iPod nano for being the best dressed and doing the robot in front of 400 people.

Did you do it to the beat of 'Domo Arigatou Mr. Roboto'?

[spoiler:448fd6a450]Domo![/spoiler:448fd6a450]

MagicToaster on
    edited December 2006
    There was no music unfortunately.

The funny thing is, there were all these guys and these really expensive Italian suits and what-not, and since I was working at the time and had just walked over for some food, I was in uniform. So I was pretty much the "joke option" vote. But hey, I got a two hundred dollar MP3 player out of it.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mayday wrote:
    maydaytrix

I lol'd.

NightDragon on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wait so is Bacon a card or a joker

RubberAC on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Right now, neither. Right now I'm fucking pissed.

Why? Assholes who I owe money to not keeping up their end of the bargain when I try to give it to them. Yesterday I get a notice- which was put in someone else's mailbox and it's only because they were a nice person I actually recieved it- that I hadn't paid my utilities bill. You want to know why I didn't pay that bill? Because I never got a fucking bill, they didn't fucking send me one. I hop on their website and do their web payment thing which I hope to God actually fucking works like it ought to.

Now today, I get a note saying I hadn't paid my fucking rent, which I totally the fuck had 2 days prior- a full day ahead of when it was due because I'm just that nice a guy and didn't want to risk forgetting to pay it. I call up the manager and get his voicemail, and leave a message in an incredibly trembly-yet-pissed-off voice. I start stresing out: did somebody steal my check out of the fucking mailbox? Am I going to have to write a second check to replace it, and then maybe get royally fucked if some fucking thief manages to cash first, effectively wiping out my main bank account? AM I GOING TO BE OUT ON THE STREET BECAUSE OF SOME FUCKING BASTARD?

Half an hour later (just enough time to work myself into a fucking frenzy), the manager calls back and explains the owner picked up the check without logging it in the books. Way to go, owner. Way to try and fuck over your lodgers via incomptence. :x :x :x

At least nothing bad, except maybe me coming this close to some kind of fatal medical attack, came of it.

PLUS, I had to work today. FUCK THIS DAY AND FUCK YESTERDAY TOO, YOU LOUSY FUCKS.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It always boils down to incompetence in the end.

How many times we've had billing problems with our bank and ISP beats me... I've seriously lost count.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited December 2006
    Right now, neither. Right now I'm fucking pissed.

Why? Assholes who I owe money to not keeping up their end of the bargain when I try to give it to them. Yesterday I get a notice- which was put in someone else's mailbox and it's only because they were a nice person I actually recieved it- that I hadn't paid my utilities bill. You want to know why I didn't pay that bill? Because I never got a fucking bill, they didn't fucking send me one. I hop on their website and do their web payment thing which I hope to God actually fucking works like it ought to.

Now today, I get a note saying I hadn't paid my fucking rent, which I totally the fuck had 2 days prior- a full day ahead of when it was due because I'm just that nice a guy and didn't want to risk forgetting to pay it. I call up the manager and get his voicemail, and leave a message in an incredibly trembly-yet-pissed-off voice. I start stresing out: did somebody steal my check out of the fucking mailbox? Am I going to have to write a second check to replace it, and then maybe get royally fucked if some fucking thief manages to cash first, effectively wiping out my main bank account? AM I GOING TO BE OUT ON THE STREET BECAUSE OF SOME FUCKING BASTARD?

Half an hour later (just enough time to work myself into a fucking frenzy), the manager calls back and explains the owner picked up the check without logging it in the books. Way to go, owner. Way to try and fuck over your lodgers via incomptence. :x :x :x

At least nothing bad, except maybe me coming this close to some kind of fatal medical attack, came of it.

PLUS, I had to work today. FUCK THIS DAY AND FUCK YESTERDAY TOO, YOU LOUSY FUCKS.

Oh Bacon...you card

RubberAC on
    edited December 2006
    I'd fuckin pound some heads if I were you. I'm not allowed to hurt people if they screw me over because they're retarded.

Mainly because they're usually officers.

Would you like me to make a bunch of retarded threads so you can lock? You can even jail me if it makes you feel better. Heck, you can even jail MagicToaster too. We'll be special jail buddies.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'd fuckin pound some heads if I were you. I'm not allowed to hurt people if they screw me over because they're retarded.

Would you like me to make a bunch of retarded threads so you can lock? You can even jail me if it makes you feel better. Heck, you can even jail MagicToaster too. We'll be special jail buddies.

Hot, pure unadulterated Celestial on Toaster action.

[spoiler:cd9a0ac35c]I'm speachless[/spoiler:cd9a0ac35c]

Prospicience on
    edited December 2006

[spoiler:ff79f75e72]I'm speachless[/spoiler:ff79f75e72]
    That's differant then when?

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I fucking hate Flash sites, except for maybe Homestar Runner, and only because their cartoons actually don't suck, which is beyond rare for Flash stuff.

I hate load screens, I hate 'cute' mouseovers, I hate adding 3 seconds inbetween each page because there's gotta be some stupid transition, I hate not being able to scroll with my mouse scroll or browser scroll bar because all the scroll bars are internal, I hate stupid sounds and I hate annoying fucking music.

JUST LET ME GET TO THE FUCKING CONTENT ALREADY.

And fuck dreamweaver, too. Make an HTML site in notepad like God intended, damn you.

Using notepad is the best way to learn, but once you actually know what you are doing, dreamweaver becomes fucking awesome. So many ways of saving time and analysing the website. Templates alone save me hours of work. But i agree, flash sites suck balls.

Lly on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    So, it turns out that Free Masons are pretty darn nice people.

Grifter on
    edited December 2006
    How do you figure?

Lly on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man oh MAN.

I just got an authentic M43 WW2 soldiers jacket with Ninth Army Shoulder Insignia on it.

:D :shock: :D !!!!!!

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited December 2006
    So yea...where's the pictures? Share the wealth, man.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited December 2006
    So yea...where's the pictures? Share the wealth, woman.

RubberAC on
    edited December 2006
    RubberAC wrote:
    So yea...where's the pictures? Share the wealth, genderless internet denizen.
    Fixed for what you all are to me.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pictured will come shortly, as the batteries are a-chargin'!

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited December 2006
    Holy shit. I just listened to a live accoustic set by Oasis. Now, I always have a soft spot in my heart for them, they were the first band i really got into when growing up (like 13 years old or something). But my word, i was blown away. This set was just beautiful. Words can't say how impressed and surprised i am right now!

Lly on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    People keep telling me this Avatar show is different from other anime-type shows and is really good. Is this true? Should I watch it?

Tam on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Tam wrote:
    People keep telling me this Avatar show is different from other anime-type shows and is really good. Is this true? Should I watch it?

I find it to be a fun and enjoyable show with an original premise. The art is good although it is anime styled. The episodes are interesting for all ages. It's definitely worth taking a look at least.

Grifter on
    edited December 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    Tam wrote:

I find it to be a fun and enjoyable show with an original premise. The art is good although it is anime styled. The episodes are interesting for all ages. It's definitely worth taking a look at least.

Yeah, the few glimpses I saw of the art seemed pretty cool. I hear tell of wushu too, so I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks, Mister Grifter.

Tam on
    edited December 2006
    Guys, chai tea latte may be the greatest drink ever invented.

Sheri on
    edited December 2006
    Sheri wrote:

Not when your Nepali parents have been shoving tea down your throat from the age of 5.

Tam on
    edited December 2006
    Tam wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Not when your Nepali parents have been shoving tea down your throat from the age of 5.

Well for the rest of us, it's good stuff.

Sheri on
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It tastes like pumpkin pie in drink form

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Phonehand wrote:
    It tastes like pumpkin pie in drink form

People say that, I don't really taste pumpkin pie. But in pumpkin pie drinks, I do.

It definitely smells a bit like that, though.

All I know is it is delicious.

Sheri on
    edited December 2006
    Pumpkin pie drinks don't taste like pumpkin pie!

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Phonehand wrote:
    Pumpkin pie drinks don't taste like pumpkin pie!

Well what do they taste like, then, hmm?

Sheri on
    edited December 2006
    Apple Jacks.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited December 2006
    But not like apples, cuz Apple Jacks don't taste like apples.

Sheri on
  • AstoriteAstorite Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This is clearly an effect of anti-tongue molecules.

Astorite on
    Uh.
    edited December 2006
    Cherry Pie

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Heck, you can even jail MagicToaster too. We'll be special jail buddies.

[spoiler:deac360be4]I'm speachless[/spoiler:deac360be4]
    That's differant then when?

:?

MagicToaster on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Holy shit. This Secret Santa business is really giving me the run around. I never thought that drawing something for somebody else could be so nerve-wracking. Just the idea of disappointing the person I got is getting my anxiety going. Anybody else having this issue, or is it just me???

Buckwolfe on
    edited December 2006
    Buckwolfe wrote:
    Holy shit. This Secret Santa business is really giving me the run around. I never thought that drawing something for somebody else could be so nerve-wracking. Just the idea of disappointing the person I got is getting my anxiety going. Anybody else having this issue, or is it just me???

I've scrapped mine and restarted like 4 times! It's stressful :P

Lly on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have my one partly sketched out and lying on my desk. Taunting me.

-SPI- on
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've got the base sketch down, but everytime I start it up to fix the mistakes I get distracted by shinies.

Fantasyrogue on
This discussion has been closed.