As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - A Teachable Moment

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - A Teachable Moment

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• UrazzUrazz Registered User regular
    Did Mrs. Hagerty attend the Asmongold class of streaming because I swear that that was eerily similar to his intro in his streams. lol

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It's a common joke about streamers dunno if it started that way because of asmogold *full body shiver*.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    That cat looks TERRIFIED.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    I don't get that at all. It reads more to me as mildly startled/perplexed, probably at her owner being loudly enthusiastic at nothing.

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    They could have topped it by giving the teacher a makeover to look closer to this gentleman:
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2019/11/11

Johnny17 on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Looks like they saw a BOOOlean operator....

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Mike really captured the look of desperation in that teacher's eyes

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Yeah I laughed at first

Now it seems like a possible norm in our dystopian future

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I lost my shit at It's ya boy Mrs. Hagerty.

That might be the funniest social commentary PA has done in a while.

• ArmacedArmaced Registered User regular
    Unless parents are lesson planning, they aren’t teachers.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Armaced wrote: »

You're not kidding. I took one Educational Psychology course in college and knew it wasn't for me.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

You're not kidding. I took one Educational Psychology course in college and knew it wasn't for me.

I made it all the way to the front of a classroom before I accepted it wasn't for me. :p

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • boquazboquaz Registered User new member

You could also say that teachers aren't streamers if their "audience" is rage-quitting daily.

Most parents and teachers today are trying to avoid cascading emotional meltdowns in the kids. Let's shoot for achieving that, and then we can worry about lesson planning.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Yeah I laughed at first

Now it seems like a possible norm in our dystopian future

I keep wanting to share this comic with friends, but I know most of them will just find it depressingly accurate

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    boquaz wrote: »

You could also say that teachers aren't streamers if their "audience" is rage-quitting daily.

Most parents and teachers today are trying to avoid cascading emotional meltdowns in the kids. Let's shoot for achieving that, and then we can worry about lesson planning.

Yes. One day at a time, and every time you get frustrated, just know everyone else is just barely hanging on as well.

MarcinMN wrote: »

I made it all the way to the front of a classroom before I accepted it wasn't for me. :p

Me too! I didn’t see it coming. I didn’t even know why I hated teaching so much. In retrospect, I think it was just way more work than I was ever going to do.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Me too! I didn’t see it coming. I didn’t even know why I hated teaching so much. In retrospect, I think it was just way more work than I was ever going to do.

Unfortunately, I did see it coming for most of my last year of college. However, when faced with the choices of going off in a new educational direction, or forging forward with the hopes that I would grow to like it, I chose the latter. Oh well. It's been over 20 years at this point and life has turned out ok. I even do some training in a corporate setting, so I ALMOST still do teaching. haha

MarcinMN on
    "It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    I taught for over a year before I was forced to acknowledge that I couldn't control the class (didn't help that many had no interest in math, though even the students who liked math didn't succeed with me teaching). I didn't hate the job though

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    What a nice student she must have to have given her a prime sub. Meanwhile I wonder what the cat's staring at?

• ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    What a nice student she must have to have given her a prime sub. Meanwhile I wonder what the cat's staring at?
    I'm pretty sure the cat is staring at her mrs Hagerty. Just because the picture window for the catccam is to her right on-screen, doesn't mean the cat isn't physically located to her left. Actually, the cat could be in any direction from Mrs Hagerty, and still be looking to it's right at her depending on the orientation of the catcam.

Thanatosia on