As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Opty wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    There's been a bunch of re-releases of the more recent Smash amiibo like Isabelle, K. Rool, Piranha Plant, Dark Samus and the like.

I think Wii Fit Trainer went on sale at some places for $10, which is just mind-boggling for those who lived through the crunch times.

I almost bought the Wii Fit Trainer because I remember there was a massive demand for it. But I would just be adding to my clutter... What was it used for and why was it in such demand?

Smash Bros., and the same reason people went apeshit over toilet paper when there was a brief supply disruption.

Wii Fit Trainer in particular had a very small run and was one of the first, if not the first, Smash Amiibo to become impossible to find in stores.

Oddly enough the first, and for a long while only, Amiibo I bought. She’s my main in Smash, and I think her mere existence is amazing. Saw her on a peg at Best Buy way back when and never looked back.

Taramoor on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    AC amiibo did haunt the clearance bin... but can you imagine if they did a second wave NOW? Imagine how much money a Raymond amiibo would make.

It baffles me that they don't re-launch the cards (outside of the obvious global pandemic thingy making that a little hard). They are going for stupid amounts on ebay right now

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The Smash Bros. rumor mill is flying right now, as Squirtle suddenly disappeared from Nintendo's alphabetical list of Smash amiibo and was replaced with a blank "coming soon" button.

The error was fixed quickly, but not before people started assuming a new Smash character with a name starting with S or T will be revealed. What seems to be more likely is that they're preparing to finally release Amiibo of the first round of Smash DLC -- Terry would easily fit in that slot, after all. And we were promised an Arms Smash reveal for June, so maybe we'll get Amiibo news too.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Finally, two more Smash amiibo -- Joker and Hero are coming this fall.

But Sakurai implied they might not do amiibo for all the DLC fighters?

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I assume physical mass-production might be a bit up in the air, so they don't want to commit.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    What characters are missing? I'm not super familiar with DLC. Banjo/Kazooie, Byleth, and Minmin. Who else?

Taya wrote: »
    What characters are missing? I'm not super familiar with DLC. Banjo/Kazooie, Byleth, and Minmin. Who else?

Fatal Fury's Terry.

Physical production of a toy takes a long time from start to finish, with prototyping, approvals, securing the manufacturing facility, etc. Given Nintendo wanted to prevent leaks I'm guessing the DLC Amiibo weren't even designed until after they were revealed.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

Fatal Fury's Terry.

Physical production of a toy takes a long time from start to finish, with prototyping, approvals, securing the manufacturing facility, etc. Given Nintendo wanted to prevent leaks I'm guessing the DLC Amiibo weren't even designed until after they were revealed.

I want the DLC to stop so I can just have a complete amiibo collection of my smash line!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
      Finally, two more Smash amiibo -- Joker and Hero are coming this fall.

But Sakurai implied they might not do amiibo for all the DLC fighters?

I'm gonna need that Joker amiibo...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      I am so happy I just randomly found Isabelle last weekend.

I think the only Smash character I don't have some kind of amiibo for is the Villager. I should've grabbed him when he was on clearance at my local TRU, but they had SO MANY that I didn't think it would be a big deal.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
      edited July 2020
      TimFiji on
      • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
        I know its been said a lot, but hot damn that Joker looks good

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
        steam_sig.png
      • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
        https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Super-Mario-3D-World-Bowser-s-Fury-1832228.html

Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibos are coming along with the 3D World Switch rerelease.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
        Preordered them, my kids would never let me now get them. They love cat mario and peach.

No cat Toad, Luigi, or Rosalina is a criminal crime, though.

steam_sig.png
      • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

I imagine they'll have some functionality with Age of Calamity.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
      • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
        Andy Joe wrote: »

I imagine they'll have some functionality with Age of Calamity.

Nice! When are they going to re-release the Guardian is what I would like to know. I mean I already broke down and bought the Japanese re-release, but I would like to have the packaging match this set.

oosik_betsuni.png
        Steam: betsuni7
      • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
        edited September 2020
        I'll be curious to see what functionality this has with amiibo.

Maybe owning every LoZ amiibo will be beneficial here. :lol:

EDIT: Or maybe it'll just be "refill your hearts once every 24 hours, can only use one amiibo a day." :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
        Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
        Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
        Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
        I'll be curious to see what functionality this has with amiibo.

Maybe owning every LoZ amiibo will be beneficial here. :lol:

EDIT: Or maybe it'll just be "refill your hearts once every 24 hours, can only use one amiibo a day." :rotate:

Hyrule Warriors would give you themed weapons and boosts and crafting items and the like. I think the only thing that was amiibo-only was the original Wii U version granting Epona, and that was removed or changed in later versions?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
      • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        Urbosa's amiibo always made me uncomfortable. :?

:P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
        Aw man. Took this thread updating to take the time to pre-order the latest Amiibo, and Best buy currently has Cat Peach out of stock for pre-orders. I'm not surprised, but I kinda sad?

I need to add to my Amiibo tower!

I forgot to post a picture of said Amiibo tower.

MTcQ7GSl.jpg

Well, between Cat Mario/Peach and the BotW re-releases, I'm getting my hopes up for more Smash amiibo despite Sakurai's note of caution.

New Monster Hunter amiibo coming but they're retailer exclusive.

monster-hunter-rise-amiibo.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Palico sells out immediately.

oosik_betsuni.png
      • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
        Well it is the US so maybe
        Still I have all the monster hunter stories ones the Palico was not the hardest to get

Brainleech wrote: »
        Well it is the US so maybe
        Still I have all the monster hunter stories ones the Palico was not the hardest to get

Ah, I figured it would sell out because it looks cute for those who never played MH. Guessing for the game the other two would be probably good pick ups.

oosik_betsuni.png
      • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
        I don't even like MonHun and I want that Palamute bad.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
        Im going to need that Palamute

steam_sig.png
      • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
        These new amiibo are pretty slick
        1pxmu9qf3t42.jpg

Banjo-Kazooie, Byleth, and Terry amiibos were revealed in the Steve overview video (40:45):

https://youtu.be/_Sp5o1JJdDk

plufim wrote: »
        Im going to need that Palamute

@plufim Gamestop has it up now.

Looks like it's going to be a while before we see the next new amiibo

39rhdqg53x7h.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
          Sweet merciful crap. And so weird since Sakurai had polished prototypes in August.

edited October 2020
          After being unable for a couple years to make metal placard backs for my amiibo I finally caught up!
          2g1vdh09gns9.jpg

TimFiji on
            Hot Damn

steam_sig.png
            I'm going to need that Sephiroth amiibo whenever it comes out.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
            Looks like Banjo and Kazooie, Terry and Byleth come out March 26th

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
            Kizmitt wrote: »

Wake me up when the real Byleth comes out.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
            Kizmitt wrote: »

Wake me up when the real Byleth comes out.

Best buy up